Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New 2013 Mock

Dion Jordan is a 6'7 DE/LB who covers and plays WR. He is a better athlete and prospect.

No he's not. Ansah has a 39 inch vertical at 6-6 and 270 pounds, ran track for BYU, and tried out for the basketball team. He lines up at NT, 5-tech DE, and OLB at BYU. He ran a timed 10.9 in the 100 meter dash at his size. He is a better athlete than Jordan.

I disagree...game changing linebackers should be a first round pick. Safeties don't usually make it into the first round unless they are elite but then usually go in the first 10 picks. Solid safeties can be found as low as the 4th round. Let's look at some of the recent great 1st round linebackers...

2012 - Luke Keuchly

- Whitney Merciless

2011 - Von Miller

- Aldon Smith

- Ryan Kerrigan

2010 - Sean Weatherspoon

These guys can be game changers.

I disagree...game changing linebackers should be a first round pick. Safeties don't usually make it into the first round unless they are elite but then usually go in the first 10 picks. Solid safeties can be found as low as the 4th round. Let's look at some of the recent great 1st round linebackers...

2012 - Luke Keuchly

- Whitney Merciless

2011 - Von Miller

- Aldon Smith

- Ryan Kerrigan

2010 - Sean Weatherspoon

These guys can be game changers.

miller, smith, and kerrigan are doing their thing, but i havent heard much of luke and merciless. I only say we dont need lb because I feel we're really strong at that position. What we need is a safety that can make big plays so bethea doesnt always have to make the tackles. not saying bethea cant tackle but hes a better player when hes asked to be a ball hawk

No he's not. Ansah has a 39 inch vertical at 6-6 and 270 pounds, ran track for BYU, and tried out for the basketball team. He lines up at NT, 5-tech DE, and OLB at BYU. He ran a timed 10.9 in the 100 meter dash at his size. He is a better athlete than Jordan.

Wow! He plays NT! He's so athletic!

I'll take the guy who can play receiver.

OR

Trade 1st Rounder to 2nd Round and pick up a 5th rounder

Trade 2014 pick(s) for 2nd rounder

2) Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

2) Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford

3) Shayne Skov, ILB/OLB, Stanford OR Quanterus Smith, OLB, Western Kentucky OR Bacari Rambo, Safety, Georgia

4) Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina

5) Quinton Patton, WR, Lousiana Tech

6) Baker Steinkuhler, DE, Nebraska

7) Dustin Hopkins, Kicker, Floride State OR Brandon McGee, CB, Miami

I'll take the guy who has a 39 inch vert and can run 100 meters in 10.9 seconds.

Really? You'll take a guy with a higher vert over a DE who can cover WRs? Okaaayyyy.

Either way, Ansah is far from a first round talent, even if he is taken that high.

Also, Hyde is a S in the NFL, and I certainly hope we don't draft two safeties early unless they are both tremendous value, which Hyde is not, he's actually a reach.

Really? You'll take a guy with a higher vert over a DE who can cover WRs? Okaaayyyy.

Either way, Ansah is far from a first round talent, even if he is taken that high.

Also, Hyde is a S in the NFL, and I certainly hope we don't draft two safeties early unless they are both tremendous value, which Hyde is not, he's actually a reach.

He is a first round talent. He has all the talent in the world. Ansah can take on 2 interior Lineman at once and I would rather have that than a guy who can cover WR's. Just so you know, if we don't get Ansah I want Jordan.

Ezekial Ansah is a unique talent. A guy with that size, speed and instincts is rare. He needs to be evaluated better so is NFL playing weight can be projected. Right now he looks like he could play similar to Aldon smith or JJ watt. He would more likely play on the line and if he put on a little more weight, would be a scary 5 tech DE. Speed to get to the QB and chase down RB and the length and vertical to bat down passes. He will be examined closely through the lead up to the draft. Ogletree from Georgia would be a great get too. I know people or really happy with our ILB right now but he would be great to add to the rotation with freeman and pat. He is very fast, sheds blocks very well and is a violent hitter. The other safety from goergia was a great hitter too. Not Rambo but the other guy. Cant remember his name. A latter round pick maybe

team needs- cb,og,ss,olb

1.cb xavier rhodes

3.ss bacarri rambo

4.olb trevardo williams

Good thing with that is those positions can be filled pretty well outside of the first round usually. Unless there's an elite prospect, it may not be a bad idea to trade down and stockpile.

He is a first round talent. He has all the talent in the world. Ansah can take on 2 interior Lineman at once and I would rather have that than a guy who can cover WR's. Just so you know, if we don't get Ansah I want Jordan.

Thing about Jordan is only 2 years of good but not elite production and teams want guys that can produce, I think he will but from what I have seen its not at an elite level which if we are drafting Freeneys replacement then I want a guy that has produced at an elite level and thats a guy like Brandon Jenkins at 3-4 OLB who is injured this year but was elite before that, I also like Anzah but he only has 1 year of production and that has included only 4 sacks

Here is another scenario I would look at

Trade up to the 2nd round from the 3rd and get a 5th in process by offering a future 2nd or 3rd round pick to the Jags

1.Chance Warmack or Barrett Jones (I expect Xavier Rhodes to be gone by the time we pick)

2.Brandon Jenkins

4.Bacarri Rambo

5.Kwame Geathers

Not sure if I would do that, many things to consider like if Jenkins is 100 percent by that time or do we think we have a legit shot at a Tracey Porter in FA and thats even if he becomes a FA which I dont think is very likely, I see him becoming Denvers #1 Corner when Champ retires, But just think Rhodes and even Amerson will be gone by the time we pick

Thing about Jordan is only 2 years of good but not elite production and teams want guys that can produce, I think he will but from what I have seen its not at an elite level which if we are drafting Freeneys replacement then I want a guy that has produced at an elite level and thats a guy like Brandon Jenkins at 3-4 OLB who is injured this year but was elite before that, I also like Anzah but he only has 1 year of production and that has included only 4 sacks

Trade up to the 2nd round from the 3rd and get a 5th in process by offering a future 2nd or 3rd round pick to the Jags

1.Chance Warmack or Barrett Jones (I expect Xavier Rhodes to be gone by the time we pick)

2.Brandon Jenkins

4.Bacarri Rambo

5.Kwame Geathers

Not sure if I would do that, many things to consider like if Jenkins is 100 percent by that time or do we think we have a legit shot at a Tracey Porter in FA and thats even if he becomes a FA which I dont think is very likely, I see him becoming Denvers #1 Corner when Champ retires, But just think Rhodes and even Amerson will be gone by the time we pick

How about

1. Warmack or Jonathan Cooper

3. Jenkins

4. Rambo

5. Geathers

I like it but do ya think Rambo falls that far?, he has had off the field issues but he is one of the top Safeties

2.Brandon Jenkins

4.Bacarri Rambo

5.Kwame Geathers

You literally just had him in the same exact place lol.

You literally just had him in the same exact place lol.

Whoops it 2:25 am here lol, But I like Cooper if we are going to a primarily Zone Blocking scheme, if not then no because I think thats what he fits and scouting reports say the same thing (I've seen him a couple times but not much)

I like it but do ya think Rambo falls that far?, he has had off the field issues but he is one of the top Safeties

This is mcshay's top 32 big board with player grades i doubt warmack falls out of the top 10. Every player that was in the top 10 on the big board last year went in the top 10 in the draft. the players in the 20's are the guys will most likely target in the draft.

1.Jarvis Jones olb 96

2.Star Lotulelei dt 96

3.Chance Warmack g 96

4.Manti Teo ilb 96

5.Damontre Moore de 96

6.Luke Joeckel ot 96

7.Johnathan Hankins dt 95

8.Barkevious Mingo de 95

9.Geno Smith qb 94

10.Bjoern Werner de 94

11.Dee Milliner cb 94

12.Jonathan Cooper og 94

13.Sylvester Williams dt 94

14.Dion Jordan de 93

15.Cornellius Carradine de 92

16.Johnathan Jenkins dt 92

17.Alec Ogletree ilb 92

18.Sam Montgomery de 91

19.Taylor Lewan ot 91

20.Matt Barkley qb 91

21.Kenny Vaccaro ss 91

22.Sheldon Richardson dt 90

23.Corey Lemonier olb 90

24.Justin Hunter wr 90

25.Keenan Allen wr 89

26.Ezekial Ansah de 89

27.Kawann Short dt 89

28.Dallas Thomas ot 89

29.Zach Ertz te 89

30.Johnthan Banks cb 89

31.Robert Woods wr 88

32.Bennie Logan dt 88

This is mcshay's top 32 big board with player grades i doubt warmack falls out of the top 10. Every player that was in the top 10 on the big board last year went in the top 10 in the draft. the players in the 20's are the guys will most likely target in the draft.

1.Jarvis Jones olb 96

2.Star Lotulelei dt 96

3.Chance Warmack g 96

4.Manti Teo ilb 96

5.Damontre Moore de 96

6.Luke Joeckel ot 96

7.Johnathan Hankins dt 95

8.Barkevious Mingo de 95

9.Geno Smith qb 94

10.Bjoern Werner de 94

11.Dee Milliner cb 94

12.Jonathan Cooper og 94

13.Sylvester Williams dt 94

14.Dion Jordan de 93

15.Cornellius Carradine de 92

16.Johnathan Jenkins dt 92

17.Alec Ogletree ilb 92

18.Sam Montgomery de 91

19.Taylor Lewan ot 91

20.Matt Barkley qb 91

21.Kenny Vaccaro ss 91

22.Sheldon Richardson dt 90

23.Corey Lemonier olb 90

24.Justin Hunter wr 90

25.Keenan Allen wr 89

26.Ezekial Ansah de 89

27.Kawann Short dt 89

28.Dallas Thomas ot 89

29.Zach Ertz te 89

30.Johnthan Banks cb 89

31.Robert Woods wr 88

32.Bennie Logan dt 88

I disagree with

Logan-Not sure if his production and weight of 287lbs does him any favors, good pass rusher from the interior no doubt but does not have the numbers to show for it

Ertz-Fleener wasn't a 1st round pick last year and no Tight End in this upcoming draft is as good as Fleener was in college

Short-May get into the 1st, been consistent and productive But could easily slip to the 2nd

Ansah-Production does not say 1st round pick, and hasn't been producing long

Jordan-same as Ansah

Sylvester Willaims-I dont see more then 2 Nose Tackles going in the 1st

Edit:Double Post

Wouldn't shock me at all if Trent Murphy's the guy in the 1st if he declares.

Nobody's talking about him now, but he's going to be this draft's version of Chandler Jones- a 2nd/3rd round name now that will be a 1st rounder by the time it's all said and done. Like Jones, Murphy is a big 3-4 OLB that can get to the passer and play the run (he's actually a better pass rusher than Jones was at the same stage).

I disagree with

Logan-Not sure if his production and weight of 287lbs does him any favors, good pass rusher from the interior no doubt but does not have the numbers to show for it

Ertz-Fleener wasn't a 1st round pick last year and no Tight End in this upcoming draft is as good as Fleener was in college

Short-May get into the 1st, been consistent and productive But could easily slip to the 2nd

Ansah-Production does not say 1st round pick, and hasn't been producing long

Jordan-same as Ansah

Sylvester Willaims-I dont see more then 2 Nose Tackles going in the 1st

Edit:Double Post

Dion Jordan has 12.5 sacks in 25 games. Not bad at all. As I said, needs to be more consistent and add more moves, but I can't understand why you'd rather have an injured Brandon Jenkins.