Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More Of The Same Ole "wishy-Washy, Hem-Haw"

chrisfarley

Why would an organization want to jeopardize the health of one of the best QB's to play the game. SIT HIM in week one and tell everyone that you, as an organization, feel that the health of Peyton Manning weighs FAR MORE than playing on opening day and/or continuing the streak and he will be sitting out. Take those actions and we all respect you. Act like your protecting the HOPE DIAMOND at a press conference and you disappoint EVERYONE.

What do you mean? Just about everyone expects him to miss games, including Caldwell and Polian.

What do YOU mean? He is still open to play but doubtful. I'm saying come right out and say he is inactive for the game. Don't keep stringing this whole thing along. And no, it's stupid if you say its a game strategy. It's just stupid (it's a neck problem, don't toy with someone's health)

What do YOU mean? He is still open to play but doubtful. I'm saying come right out and say he is inactive for the game. Don't keep stringing this whole thing along. And no, it's stupid if you say its a game strategy. It's just stupid (it's a neck problem, don't toy with someone's health)

I'd say they haven't done that because it's well doubtful he's going to play. There is probably still a chance, a beyond slim one that he does play. It would shock everyone at this point if he does but when you are dealing with a Peyton Manning you don't rule him out till you have truly have too.

Guest BlueShoe

We haven't had a player who was listed as doubtful play in close to 10 years.

I know you're a Texans fan and you want to have all the advantages that you can get. Well this is the biggest break you could have ever have.

Hello everyone new member from Maryland here. We all could read the signs I think Peyton was trying too get back and in doing so tweeked his back and the decision was made by doctors that its going too take a little longer than we and I know Peyton wanted. I'd rather this happen then he try too play and get hurt worse. We can beat Houston and Cleveland with out Peyton. Collins will do well. Let this team step up and show what they are made of and use this as a rallying cry! Go Colts forever! Thank you.

Ok, so how many times in the past has a player on the Colts been listed as doubtful and actually PLAYED?

Ill wait for you to go look it up....

Darn you Blue Shoe! You gave it away!

Edited by Lodogg2221

Hidden

Come back here and talk when you learn about football gamesmanship. Are you being serious? You obviously have a very low football IQ.

In general, why would you want management to give any more information than is required at the given time?

Yes, the entire league knows that there's a 99% probability that Peyton is going to be out. But why wouldn't you want a team to prepare for him for that 1% chance that he will play?

Peyton is a soothsayer behind the scenes. He will sit out the season, advised Andrew Luck to go back for his senior year, ask the Colts management to move up and get Andrew Luck. Then, we will have our own version of Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings 4 years from now when Peyton hangs it up, just tutored well by Peyton :). Poetic justice will be served when we win the SB in New Orleans next season :). (/kidding :)).

Why not list him as doubtful and do some gamesmanship with the Texans. Sure everyone thinks he is not going to play, but the Texans DC has to think that there is still a chance he might play. The injury report is something coaches use to mess with opposing coaches and I bet Peyton will stay doubtful all the way up to the last minute before being ruled out.

Its not like the coaching staff is going against the doctors and trying to force Manning to play.