Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Will Miss 3 Games, But Defense Has Our Back (Prediction)

a06cc

I believe Manning will miss 3 games and come back week 4. However everyone don't panic, because our defense is going to win us games. We have capable players on defense to get us turnovers. I believe in Jerry Hughes stepping up and playing well for us. Also Drake Nevis is the defensive tackle we've needed for years. We added 2 new defensive ends to keep Dwight and Robert fresh and healthy. So I'm not worried about what the sport analyst say about our team. Our defense is going to win us those 3 games Manning is going to miss. I guarantee we play in the Superbowl at home against the Dallas Cowboys and win.

I believe Manning will miss 3 games and come back week 4. However everyone don't panic, because our defense is going to win us games. We have capable players on defense to get us turnovers. I believe in Jerry Hughes stepping up and playing well for us. Also Drake Nevis is the defensive tackle we've needed for years. We added 2 new defensive ends to keep Dwight and Robert fresh and healthy. So I'm not worried about what the sport analyst say about our team. Our defense is going to win us those 3 games Manning is going to miss. I guarantee we play in the Superbowl at home against the Dallas Cowboys and win.

The Dallas Cowboys will never again reach a Super Bowl as long as Jerry Jones remains their owner, and Tony Romo their QB.

The Dallas Cowboys will never again reach a Super Bowl as long as Jerry Jones remains their owner, and Tony Romo their QB.

Bet you they do, because of doubters like you. Just like we're doubted. Tony Romo isn't a bad quarterback by any means.

I believe you are going to be very disappointed in Week 4 and when you sit down to watch the Superbowl.

Now, I do believe the Def. may surprise us a little as long as we find a way to hide Jacob Lacey.

Bet you they do, because of doubters like you. Just like we're doubted. Tony Romo isn't a bad quarterback by any means.

So wait...because I doubt, they will get there? My doubt will push them over the top? Yeah, because that has anything to do with the success of a franchise.

Wow, you showed me the light.

Or it has more to do with the fact that the NFC is loaded with teams that can squash them, while the Cowboys (with Romo) have no history of coming up big in said contests.

P.S. Tony Romo isn't bad, but he's not great either. He's middle of the road, but surrounded by an insane amount of talent. Yet he never wins an important game. Ever.

So wait...because I doubt, they will get there? My doubt will push them over the top? Yeah, because that has anything to do with the success of a franchise.

Wow, you showed me the light.

Or it has more to do with the fact that the NFC is loaded with teams that can squash them, while the Cowboys (with Romo) have no history of coming up big in said contests.

P.S. Tony Romo isn't bad, but he's not great either. He's middle of the road, but surrounded by an insane amount of talent. Yet he never wins an important game. Ever.

Yes, in 06 during our Superbowl run we we're doubted by everyone. We had to play through that season. When we played the Pats in the AFC chip game, during halftime everyone thought we were done. But we came back to win that game. Our regular season running defense wasn't good at all. We got better at stopping the run. So yes doubt does play a key. It pushed our guys to prove the "doubters" wrong. You tell me that isn't fact?

I believe you are going to be very disappointed in Week 4 and when you sit down to watch the Superbowl.

Now, I do believe the Def. may surprise us a little as long as we find a way to hide Jacob Lacey.

You hide Lacey on the bench. Im not sold he's going to be the starter, or be starter for long anyway. Tryon and Thomas are playing better than him. Lacey does have value on this team but only as a serviceable back up, IMO.

Thanks for writing this. I am not one to believe the Colts cannot win games without Manning. Certainly, he is the single most important player to his team in the NFL. But I think saying we are going to get Andrew Luck is really putting down this team. Wayne, Garcon, Addai, Clark. Kerry Collins won games with less talent in Tennesee. The offense hasn't exactly lit up the scoreboard in the playoffs, so it often up to the defense to hold.

I don't think Manning will be out the long. But I think the Colts will step up and show there is more to them just a single player.

Yes, in 06 during our Superbowl run we we're doubted by everyone. We had to play through that season. When we played the Pats in the AFC chip game, during halftime everyone thought we were done. But we came back to win that game. Our regular season running defense wasn't good at all. We got better at stopping the run. So yes doubt does play a key. It pushed our guys to prove the "doubters" wrong. You tell me that isn't fact?

Even before that, we've came close to getting to Superbowls. When have Romo and company gotten close to a SB?? Eventually we had to get there and win, we're a completely different team than Dallas. And during the time, we were still an elite force in the AFC.

There is no way the Cowboys are better than the Packers, Saints, Eagles, Falcons, Bears, and even the Bucs.

They aren't an elite force in the NFC, and I don't even consider them the best in the NFC East. I'm not even sure why you brought up our 2006-2007 year, the Cowboys won't go into the playoffs with the worst run defense in the league, and end up having the best overall defense in the playoffs.

He isn't a "doubter" at all lol, he just has common sense.

I'm very interested to see how the team responds to Manning's absence in the first game. I think how well the rest of the teams plays against the Texans will set the tone for the season whether Mannings misses any additional games or not.

In your defense, I picked the same Superbowl outcome and I'm sticking with it. Who is going to beat Dallas? I understand they choke in big games but the only threat is ATL/GB. Paaaaleaseee with this Eagles garbage. They'll fold like a lawnchair. I don't care if their team was the 99 overall rosters on Madden, no chemistry, no fighting in the trenches, will not happen. The Giants? Skins? Dallas has just as good a chance as GB/ATL. I like Bucs as longshot to have a good season also, but will be beaten by a smarter, more "prepared" team in the post-season.

Eagles will not make it to the Superbowl, and if they do, I'll change my name to "Imarriedbradybiebs".

But thats the thing...the Colts are doubted every year, and twice they have made it to the big one, and almost every other year have made the playoffs.

How many times have the Cowboys done that?

Ummm, wait, let me think about it....

Well, I do believe that its possible for the Colts to scratch out a win or 2 without Manning if he misses less than 6 weeks, but onlt because I think Collins is still pretty good. I really don't have the confidence in the defense that you seem to have. They will have to prove to me that they can stop the run and what I think will be even more important, defend the passing game. I actually feel better about the run D than I do the pass D.

OK, I'm trying very hard to not be a wet blanket but what in the world makes anyone believe that this defense is ever going to win games? They never have and they are not designed to do so. They are designed to finish games which is why when the offense struggles they get completely exposed like they did throughout 2006.

This is not the Pittsburgh Steelers where the defense carries the team and Roethlisberger comes along for the ride.

lol seriously who cares about the Cowboys, that dream team in the nfc is gonna feast on them.... but with that being said the colts defense are gonna ball i cant wait to see them play on sunday.

OK, I'm trying very hard to not be a wet blanket but what in the world makes anyone believe that this defense is ever going to win games? They never have and they are not designed to do so. They are designed to finish games which is why when the offense struggles they get completely exposed like they did throughout 2006.

This is not the Pittsburgh Steelers where the defense carries the team and Roethlisberger comes along for the ride.

Ok, Ill take a shot at it.

I dont think this is the same defense we have seen the last few years.

When have the Colts had this much talent at DT?

Now they also have two run stopping DEs as well, and better LBers (as a group) than they have had in some time.

DBs really isnt that much different, but there are some playmakers, and a bit of depth.

I guess of all of it, the D is the least of my worries...

I dont think anyone thinks the D is going to win games by scoring tons of points off of turn overs, or be as good as the Iron Curtain was, but they are good enough to keep a game from getting out of hand.

Ok, Ill take a shot at it.

I dont think this is the same defense we have seen the last few years.

When have the Colts had this much talent at DT?

Now they also have two run stopping DEs as well, and better LBers (as a group) than they have had in some time.

DBs really isnt that much different, but there are some playmakers, and a bit of depth.

I guess of all of it, the D is the least of my worries...

I dont think anyone thinks the D is going to win games by scoring tons of points off of turn overs, or be as good as the Iron Curtain was, but they are good enough to keep a game from getting out of hand.

If they hold the Texans below 160 yards rushing and 28 points I will be overjoyed to admit that you were right but so far I have seen no reason to believe that I will be making any such admission.

You really need to do some research, the colts defense has won alot of games... Do you not remember when the colts defense were compared to the 72 bears? the colts have the personnel to do that again this year lets just hope they stay

healthy.http://bleacherreport.com/articles/294305-away-from-the-spotlight-indys-d-emerging-as-a-force

Here's the difference though. That year, nearly everyone in the media said we wouldn't win the Super Bowl, especially after the Jags game. However, every year, media analysts say that the Cowboys are just too talented to not win. Peyton is also much better than Romo and the Colts organization has much better leaders than the Cowboys. Jon Kitna is a better leader than Romo according to guys on the team and he isn't even the starter.