Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nate Thinks He Will Need Surgery After All

Phil J

and I think I'm going to need a pack of Blue Moon, stat. But in all seriousness, heal him back to health. If we do not see him until next year, so be it. Draft a good QB, let Peyton play four years and run the Green Bay trend.

dont worry caldwell has things under control, he has a new game plan that dosent need peyton. like the pats did when brady was hurt

dont worry caldwell has things under control, he has a new game plan that dosent need peyton. like the pats did when brady was hurt

At least you guys can get Caldwell to talk about Manning...When Brady got hurt you couldn't get Belichick to admit that he was even on the team, let alone discuss the injury.

All this andrew luck talk is ridiculous. Is he supposed to sit on the bench for 4 years after manning comes back?

Not only that but teams don't tank season...that's fans dreams.

W/O Manning..8-8 is not unrealistic. Ok maybe it is:)

Collins would have to stay healthy all year and have a banner year.

Even with Manning the team was in rough shape, no run game,defense,ST...

I am sorry to see him sit out. Hopefully he gets back by week 5.

All of the Andrew Luck talk is just moronic. We aren't going to lose all 16 games if Manning sits out 2 or 3. Even if he misses all season, I guarantee we wouldn't finish dead-last in the standings. We also would have no need to draft Luck, as we aren't going to pay $6 million a year for a guy to sit for 4 years. After all of the complaining you guys did with Bob and Kelvin, one would assume you would have learned your lesson.

Besides, if Luck were the top prospect come draft day, and we were picking first, I would be surprised at all if we didn't trade the pick away.

It's about making the most of Manning's remaining years and Luck does nothing to progress that. There will be other talented college QB's over the course of the next few seasons that can probably be had (and groomed) for far less. Luck will go to a team that doesn't have a QB and he will likely start day 1. He simply won't end up in an Indianapolis Colts uniform.

The team improved in every one of those areas this off-season. I promise you that.

The team improved in every one of those areas this off-season. I promise you that.

I realize that but it's only on paper right now. Lot of holes were filled with drafts but as you know they are still rookies.

Playing catch up to fill holes isn't a great a chance for success. You need a longer plan.

All of the Andrew Luck talk is just moronic. We aren't going to lose all 16 games if Manning sits out 2 or 3. Even if he misses all season, I guarantee we wouldn't finish dead-last in the standings. We also would have no need to draft Luck, as we aren't going to pay $6 million a year for a guy to sit for 4 years. After all of the complaining you guys did with Bob and Kelvin, one would assume you would have learned your lesson.

Besides, if Luck were the top prospect come draft day, and we were picking first, I would be surprised at all if we didn't trade the pick away.

It's about making the most of Manning's remaining years and Luck does nothing to progress that. There will be other talented college QB's over the course of the next few seasons that can probably be had (and groomed) for far less. Luck will go to a team that doesn't have a QB and he will likely start day 1. He simply won't end up in an Indianapolis Colts uniform.

this isnt about making the most out of the remaining years with peyton. its making sure the franchise will continue to excel after hes gone unless you want to go back to the dark days when the colts were laughing stocks

I think it is very realistic if he misses the season. I don't think he will miss the season but I would say some where between 7-9 and 9-7 is very reachable without Manning.

I think we can beat the Bengals, Panthers, and at least one game with the Titans with Curtis Painter if we needed too.

Collins gives us a chance to win games against the Jags (both), the road Titans game, the Browns game, both Texans games and the Bucs and KC games. Note I am not saying we'll win ALL those games I think Collins gives us a chance in those games.

New England, New Orleans, Atlanta, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh are going to be very hard if not impossable to win without Manning.

this will be one painful season to watch if peyton cant go, but if this season puts us in position to draft andrew luck then ill take one bad season compared to the many we would have when peyton retires.

OK. This is getting ridiculous. Even if we could draft Luck, where would the money come from to pay him? A top five or even top ten draft pick is going to demand a lot of money. From what I understand we started this season $7 mil under the cap before signing Collins. Both Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis are up for contracts next year. And both want more money. Hughes has yet to develop into a player that can fill the void if Mathis walks, so we have to give him what he wants and pay him more to keep him. Gonzales has been a liability in terms of health. Garçon doesn't have the hands of Wayne. So we have to give Reggie what he wants and pay him more to keep him. And then there's the cushion we keep for emergency signings. So what's left to pay a top five draft pick?

And how would we suck for many seasons after Peyton retires? His retirement opens up $16 mil in cap space that we can use to get more good players. Even if we did stink it up after Peyton retires, it wouldn't be for more than a couple seasons since we would end up with a couple more top ten draft picks to lead the team again, kind of like the Peyton and Edgerrin drafts.

Im just tired of the rumors...

Ingenious comment, I'm so sick and tired of them as well. I'm surprised nothin has came out claiming Manning is a quadriplegic, zombie, walking dead, he's goig to need robotic limbs or other stories.

It's all speculation from the media to get attention from the public, & worry the out of people at the same time. This just needs to go away, from what I see thus far is he's going to miss one game, nothing more, nothing less FOR NOW. Now when the Colts organization come out and say he's going to miss X amount of weeks then I'll believe them, or after the evaluation. For now IMO, I wish the media would just shut the heck up !!!!

Ingenious comment, I'm so sick and tired of them as well. I'm surprised nothin has came out claiming Manning is a quadriplegic, zombie, walking dead, he's goig to need robotic limbs or other stories.

It's all speculation from the media to get attention from the public, & worry the out of people at the same time. This just needs to go away, from what I see thus far is he's going to miss one game, nothing more, nothing less FOR NOW. Now when the Colts organization come out and say he's going to miss X amount of weeks then I'll believe them, or after the evaluation. For now IMO, I wish the media would just shut the heck up !!!!

Stampede blue is also reporting that peyton may be out for a significant amount of time or maybe the season... i believe peyton will probably be gone for a long time, nothing wrong with staying optimistic but cant deny the fact that this injury is very serious.

Stampede blue is also reporting that peyton may be out for a significant amount of time or maybe the season... i believe peyton will probably be gone for a long time, nothing wrong with staying optimistic but cant deny the fact that this injury is very serious.

Yeah anything is a possibility, I'm very interested to see how the evaluations turn up.

Yeah anything is a possibility, I'm very interested to see how the evaluations turn up.

IF peytons is actually out for a large amount of time or the season i see that being a good thing for the colts in the long run, peyton would come back to a much better running game and better Oline and hopefully improved defense. Sunday cant come any slower.

I interned for a pain management doctor over the summer and we saw patients with Peyton's exact symptoms. Pain caused by a nerve in the neck that innervates the spine and arm, causing back pain and arm weakness. The procedure that the doctor's used to ease the pain and increase mobility is called an Epidural Steroid Injection (ESI) and also, a Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation (RFTC). Results are realized within 48 hours. If it is at all possible, if you have any communication line to Peyton, please inform him of this procedure and have him find a pain management doctor in Indianapolis who can help him. I don't want to see his starting streak end and I don't want to say that I didn't try to prevent it from happening.

I interned for a pain management doctor over the summer and we saw patients with Peyton's exact symptoms. Pain caused by a nerve in the neck that innervates the spine and arm, causing back pain and arm weakness. The procedure that the doctor's used to ease the pain and increase mobility is called an Epidural Steroid Injection (ESI) and also, a Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation (RFTC). Results are realized within 48 hours. If it is at all possible, if you have any communication line to Peyton, please inform him of this procedure and have him find a pain management doctor in Indianapolis who can help him. I don't want to see his starting streak end and I don't want to say that I didn't try to prevent it from happening.

[/quo

Im not trying to sound demeaning mate, but a ton of money is being put out there for some doctor to find whats wrong with peyton. Im sure if that was the problem they would have figured it out. If someone does have a direct line to peyton here pls tell him to sign a football saying "smitto go rifles regiment" lol thank you