Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade?

colts52761

there could have been an injury, but i think the colts were afraid to put him on waivers so they IRed him

I kind of agree. Although I can't imagine there are teams out there craving him.

I think a player has to agree to go on IR, or he can request a release. So, he must think he'll have a better chance to make the Colts next year. Makes sense, with Brown's contract being up.

I kind of agree. Although I can't imagine there are teams out there craving him.

I think a player has to agree to go on IR, or he can request a release. So, he must think he'll have a better chance to make the Colts next year. Makes sense, with Brown's contract being up.

you sure? we drafted brown in 09. not sure how long the contract is, but rookies usually get 4-5 year contracts. this is only brown's 3rd year so next year would be the contract year not this year if he signed a 4 year deal

you sure? we drafted brown in 09. not sure how long the contract is, but rookies usually get 4-5 year contracts. this is only brown's 3rd year so next year would be the contract year not this year if he signed a 4 year deal

I was talking about next year, but you're correct, I think Brown signed a 5 year contract, I don't know the terms.

What I was trying to say was that the Colts may part with Brown after this season if he doesn't perform, and Spann may like his chances of making the team better next season.

Spann was placed on IR for a hamstring injury. *Trade* Im was tweeting yesterday that I think :chiefs: & :coltslogo: are in talks that will deal J.Tamme to the Chiefs. They starter was put on IR Friday & when have the Colts EVER kept 4 TE's on the 53 man roster? Then we went out & claimed a FB/TE from the Dallas Cowboys so Im thinking Tamme is on his way to KC but what would we be getting back? OL, DL, CB??

Spann was placed on IR for a hamstring injury. *Trade* Im was tweeting yesterday that I think :chiefs: & :coltslogo: are in talks that will deal J.Tamme to the Chiefs. They starter was put on IR Friday & when have the Colts EVER kept 4 TE's on the 53 man roster? Then we went out & claimed a FB/TE from the Dallas Cowboys so Im thinking Tamme is on his way to KC but what would we be getting back? OL, DL, CB??

Tamme? Seriously?

What do you expect to get for HIM? An undrafted Free Agent pick? There aren't 12th rounders anymore. haha

Unless we're trying to get Lilja back. double haha.

*Trade* Im was tweeting yesterday that I think :chiefs: & :coltslogo: are in talks that will deal J.Tamme to the Chiefs. They starter was put on IR Friday & when have the Colts EVER kept 4 TE's on the 53 man roster? Then we went out & claimed a FB/TE from the Dallas Cowboys so Im thinking Tamme is on his way to KC but what would we be getting back? OL, DL, CB??

That would be interesting. It's conceivable that Gronkowski makes Tamme expendable - I can't recall the last time the Colts had a dedicated FB. . On the other hand the Colts appear to be gearing up to run more this year, and I think that they have often kept 4 TEs (plus Snow) on the roster.

TE is really two positions for them of course, with Tamme backing up Clark and McNeil backing up Eldridge (I did see McNeil doing quite a bit of inline blocking in the Cincy game. ) If they intend to run, they may need the depth. But they seem one short on the Oline, so who knows.

Wait a minute, doesn't Lilja still play for KC! He could slide right into the scheme.

That would be interesting. It's conceivable that Gronkowski makes Tamme expendable - I can't recall the last time the Colts had a dedicated FB. . On the other hand the Colts appear to be gearing up to run more this year, and I think that they have often kept 4 TEs (plus Snow) on the roster.

TE is really two positions for them of course, with Tamme backing up Clark and McNeil backing up Eldridge (I did see McNeil doing quite a bit of inline blocking in the Cincy game. ) If they intend to run, they may need the depth. But they seem one short on the Oline, so who knows.

Wait a minute, doesn't Lilja still play for KC! He could slide right into the scheme.

I don't think so. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't exactly followed a lot of Gronkowski's career but I am guessing if he's listed at as fullkback/tightend he's like Eldridge and is more of a blocker than he is a pass catcher. Tamme is Clark's back up. He's built like Clark and is here for his pass catching skill. If adding Gronkowski makes anyone expendable it's probably Eldridge although I think we keep all of them and use Gronkowski to block in short yardage spots.

Tamme? Seriously?

What do you expect to get for HIM? An undrafted Free Agent pick? There aren't 12th rounders anymore. haha

Unless we're trying to get Lilja back. double haha.

Did you watch this team after Clark went down last year?? He was a solid TE starting with the second Texans game last year... Is he Clark, no but who is.. Tamme is a solid TE in this offense.. He had 67 catches for 630 yards and 4 td's in 10 games last year..

Did you watch this team after Clark went down last year?? He was a solid TE starting with the second Texans game last year... Is he Clark, no but who is.. Tamme is a solid TE in this offense.. He had 67 catches for 630 yards and 4 td's in 10 games last year..

Yeah and what would we do if Clark got hurt again if we traded Tamme? Odds are the Colts wll hold on to him, that's what they do. It's not like the NBA where you stock pile talent at one spot and then trade a guy away when you get too much. Player for player trades are very rare in the NFL, the last major one was probably Baily for Portis. I think it's more likely we'll just find a way to work Tamme into our offense some this year. Right now with all the questions about the health of our QB and WRs we need all the weapons we can get.

Yeah and what would we do if Clark got hurt again if we traded Tamme? Odds are the Colts wll hold on to him, that's what they do. It's not like the NBA where you stock pile talent at one spot and then trade a guy away when you get too much. Player for player trades are very rare in the NFL, the last major one was probably Baily for Portis. I think it's more likely we'll just find a way to work Tamme into our offense some this year. Right now with all the questions about the health of our QB and WRs we need all the weapons we can get.

I agree.. I dont want him to be traded.. But to suggest he has no trade value is wrong IMO

I don't think so. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't exactly followed a lot of Gronkowski's career but I am guessing if he's listed at as fullkback/tightend he's like Eldridge and is more of a blocker than he is a pass catcher. Tamme is Clark's back up. He's built like Clark and is here for his pass catching skill. If adding Gronkowski makes anyone expendable it's probably Eldridge although I think we keep all of them and use Gronkowski to block in short yardage spots.

Understood. I should have specified that in that scenario perhaps McNeil would back up Clark while Gronkowski backed up Eldridge and came in as a FB on short yardage. The question is how useful McNeil is a receiver. I have a draft guide which rated him a potential 5th rounder, and touted his receiving abilities while criticizing his blocking, but I can't say that he stood out receiving in the preseason. Tamme often has (even the year before last in one memorable sequence) and it would obviously be a risk to let him go.

2004 44 - Dallas Clark 81 - Marcus Pollard 80 - Ben Hartsock, Ben 47 - Ben Utecht 48 - Justin Snow

2005 44 - Dallas Clark 80 - Ben Hartsock 47 - Ben Utecht 81 - Bryan Fletcher 48 - Justin Snow

2006 44 - Dallas Clark 80 - Ben Hartsock 47 - Ben Utecht 81 - Bryan Fletcher 48 - Justin Snow

2007 44 - Dallas Clark 47 - Ben Utecht 81 - Bryan Fletcher 48 - Justin Snow

2008 44 - Dallas Clark 84 - Jacob Tamme 86 - Tom Santi 47 - Gijon Robinson 48 - Justin Snow

2009 44 - Dallas Clark 84 - Jacob Tamme 86 - Tom Santi 47 - Gijon Robinson 48 - Justin Snow

2010 44 - Dallas Clark 84 - Jacob Tamme 81 - Brody Eldridge 47 - Gijon Robinson 48 - Justin Snow

2011 44 - Dallas Clark 84 - Jacob Tamme 81 - Brody Eldridge 47 - Mike McNeill 48 - Justin Snow

2004 44 - Dallas Clark 81 - Marcus Pollard 80 - Ben Hartsock, Ben 47 - Ben Utecht 48 - Justin Snow

2005 44 - Dallas Clark 80 - Ben Hartsock 47 - Ben Utecht 81 - Bryan Fletcher 48 - Justin Snow

2006 44 - Dallas Clark 80 - Ben Hartsock 47 - Ben Utecht 81 - Bryan Fletcher 48 - Justin Snow

2007 44 - Dallas Clark 47 - Ben Utecht 81 - Bryan Fletcher 48 - Justin Snow

2008 44 - Dallas Clark 84 - Jacob Tamme 86 - Tom Santi 47 - Gijon Robinson 48 - Justin Snow

2009 44 - Dallas Clark 84 - Jacob Tamme 86 - Tom Santi 47 - Gijon Robinson 48 - Justin Snow

2010 44 - Dallas Clark 84 - Jacob Tamme 81 - Brody Eldridge 47 - Gijon Robinson 48 - Justin Snow

2011 44 - Dallas Clark 84 - Jacob Tamme 81 - Brody Eldridge 47 - Mike McNeill 48 - Justin Snow

For the record Justin Snow is as much a tight end as Hunter Smith was a QB back in the day.

Being hypothetical here... Say Kerry COllins goes down, and we don't have Manning for the foreseeable future I wouldn't mind seeing if we could get Shaun Hill from the Lions... He's done pretty good in his time filling in up there, and I think he's a guy who should be starting somewhere... I know we won't, but I think it would work out if we did. See if w could trade brown for him... I'd be down with that.

Not counting Justin Snow, one would say the Colts normally carry 4 TE's. They carried 3 TE's back in the day when they used FB's. The addition of Gronkowski changes the personnel pattern of recent years. A trade of Tamme or Brown probably should not be ruled out yet, given the stockpile of players they have rostered right now.

Not counting Justin Snow, one would say the Colts normally carry 4 TE's. They carried 3 TE's back in the day when they used FB's. The addition of Gronkowski changes the personnel pattern of recent years. A trade of Tamme or Brown probably should not be ruled out yet, given the stockpile of players they have rostered right now.

I know but I saw some people saying we had five tightends on the roster. I just laugh when I see people count Snows as a tightend and when you brought up his name it made me think of that.

I'm NOT arguing Tamme's value TO THE COLTS, but alot of that was Peyton.

Tamme wouldn't have near that value to other teams. Not NEAR the value.

Ps, the 12th round thing was sarcasm. Didn't you see the haha ?

I know but I saw some people saying we had five tightends on the roster. I just laugh when I see people count Snows as a tightend and when you brought up his name it made me think of that.

It's good to note it. I always change the code next to Justin from TE to LS. Until I see him run a route and make a catch, I'll keep doing that. :)