Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Went About This All Wrong, Now Texans Know To Prepare For Collins, This Is How Should Have Been Done

bayone

Perhaps without Irsays Tweets it would have all gone down this way

Peyton Manning would have been listed Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday injury report as being a limited participant in practice. Then, he would have been listed as questionable for Sunday. At some point on Sunday morning whether Manning or Kerry Collins would get the start would have been announced.

Now Texans have time to prepare for 1 QB or else greatest bluff ever

1st off i wanna say manning is an * for waiting until late may early june to have the surgery and not as soon as the off season started and with or without manning i had the texans beating us so no big deal lets hopes he gets back week 2. we still have no run d so foster is gonna run all over us again part 2

1st off i wanna say manning is an * for waiting until late may early june to have the surgery and not as soon as the off season started and with or without manning i had the texans beating us so no big deal lets hopes he gets back week 2. we still have no run d so foster is gonna run all over us again part 2

I think we are going to have to put up at least 35 points to have a shot at winning.

Not his fault, was told to try PT and was working somewhat and he was throwing well during the lockout early part , then had sudden setback and advised to have surgery, complications set in beyond his control, if not he would of been back for training camp,

This is my best medical insight with what I remember and what was reported, of course we all know we never get all the facts & that goes for now

Maybe he wanted to spend time with his family before having surgery and going through rehab. Maybe he had to get his mind right before the operation. Maybe he wanted to avoid surgery and thought he could play through it like he has done in the past. Maybe he secretly wants the Texans too.

The biggest mistake was thinking he was going to play week 1 and having no b/u signed until 10 days ago.

They had to know that it was 50/50 that he would start week 1.....and yet Painter was the only option?

Collins (or someone) should have been signed much sooner in camp.