Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has Kerry Collins Ever...

MoM

Had this much talent around him? I realize Peyton has made the majority of our offense, but with our system I'd say we're loaded with talent. As much as I want to see Peyton play, I honestly believe Collins can take us into the preseason if Peyton can't play. My only concern is his lack of mobility and slow release.

Thoughts?

Well let me see...He has made it to the playoffs 4 times(1996,2000 SB, 2002, 2008) in his career and has made it to a Super Bowl. Has made it 2 pro bowls(1996,2008). Most touchdowns in a season is 22. Completion % is 55.8. Qb rating of 73.9.

I read it wrong. Thought it said "Has Kerry Collins ever had talent around him."

Edited by AustinCollie17

The problem I see with KFC regarding game one........he's 0-8 against Wade Phillips D.

Look, winning on Sunday will be a huge challenge for Indy and I sincerely doubt they will be able to pull off a win.

But that stat seems meaningless to me. He has not faced Phillips with the Colts personnel and scheme. And while I am sure Phillips will ulitmately make a difference in Houston, this is their first game with a brand new scheme and without all the reps they missed out on on mini-camps and OTA's.

Well i think it all matters on the health of everyone else....

Right now the only talent around him is Wayne, Clark and Addai.. I wouldn't say the o-line is very talented Kerry is not going to have all day back there. Collie and Gonzo are both hurt and haven't been practicing.. Garcon would be awesome if he could catch the dang ball.

Defensively if our front four cannot get pressure, then any average QB would be able to carve our secondary to bits. With Bethea being injured and not practicing the only relatively good players in the secondary is powers and maybe Bullit (who is average-good)

He has been playing football for what? 25 years? His release is his release and will not change.

True. He's also been behind great and poor O-lines and has seen just about every D. We know he can manage a game, and he still has a great arm. He needs more time than Peyton to get rid of the ball. But who doesn't.

We should be more interested in how the D plays. The season is on their backs, not Collins.

Had this much talent around him? I realize Peyton has made the majority of our offense, but with our system I'd say we're loaded with talent. As much as I want to see Peyton play, I honestly believe Collins can take us into the preseason if Peyton can't play. My only concern is his lack of mobility and slow release.

Thoughts?

What talent? Without PM the Colts are a pathetic bunch. I assume you meant postseason; it ain't happenin' without Peyton.

What talent? Without PM the Colts are a pathetic bunch. I assume you meant postseason; it ain't happenin' without Peyton.

Okay, I'll give you that Peyton has made Harrison, Wayne, Addai, Saturday and Glenn all Pro Bowl players. But how did he do it for Freeney, Mathis, Brackett, Sanders and Bathea?

Okay, I'll give you that Peyton has made Harrison, Wayne, Addai, Saturday and Glenn all Pro Bowl players. But how did he do it for Freeney, Mathis, Brackett, Sanders and Bathea?

Defensively if our front four cannot get pressure, then any average QB would be able to carve our secondary to bits. With Bethea being injured and not practicing the only relatively good players in the secondary is powers and maybe Bullit (who is average-good)

Can't you say that about just about every team in the NFL, except maybe the Jets? Are you saying our front four cannot get pressure? If so, please explain.

Can't you say that about just about every team in the NFL, except maybe the Jets? Are you saying our front four cannot get pressure? If so, please explain.

I am saying that other teams are able to cover passes when the line is not able to get a sack or force a throw-away. we will not have that ability, watch the opposing QB completion % against us.... our secondary is not that good. and since our line is not very good at stopping the run, our LB and saftey has to come up and play run D opening up even more holes.

I am saying that other teams are able to cover passes when the line is not able to get a sack or force a throw-away. we will not have that ability, watch the opposing QB completion % against us.... our secondary is not that good. and since our line is not very good at stopping the run, our LB and saftey has to come up and play run D opening up even more holes.

Yeah, I won't argue that our secondary is unproven. Personally, I think it's upper middle when compared to the rest of the NFL, and the scheme of playing so far off a receiver is responsible for the high completion percentage.

Obviously, that 'prevent' type of T2 D is predicated on having pressure from the D-Line. With 2 pro bowlers, and IMO, an upgrade over last year in depth, we should continue to pressure the QB.

I think the D is going to be better than last year. But will they be on the field a lot more? Time will tell.

the point of this thread is does Kerry have enough talent around him. The Dfence is not around Kerry, and the Dfence will not score points, they also wont keep enough points off the scoreboard.

the only talent as of right now around Kerry is Wayne Clark and Addai. with the other players being hurt, i dont see much success in the future.

Which is a shame considering where the superbowl is being played this year..... can you believe it though, some fans are saying "tank the season and draft luck"

the point of this thread is does Kerry have enough talent around him. The Dfence is not around Kerry, and the Dfence will not score points, they also wont keep enough points off the scoreboard.

the only talent as of right now around Kerry is Wayne Clark and Addai. with the other players being hurt, i dont see much success in the future.

Which is a shame considering where the superbowl is being played this year..... can you believe it though, some fans are saying "tank the season and draft luck"

we are going to run the ball this year with our new players on offense, this will give collins more time when he does throw, all is not lost, now we will see how well caldwell can coach. i think coach will adjust and come up with a good offensive plan

we are going to run the ball this year with our new players on offense, this will give collins more time when he does throw, all is not lost, now we will see how well caldwell can coach. i think coach will adjust and come up with a good offensive plan

boy you opened up a bag of worms on that post. lol Seeing as a lot of posters want Caldwell gone anyway. I for one think he will have a game plan in place with what he has been dealt. He had a lot of things to over come last year with all the players we had injured and we still went to the playoffs. Just a different perspective right now. One that no one wanted to see but we will just play ball. What's the saying Next Man Up well that next man is Collins.

I posted this in another thread - let's say Peyton is out for the first 6 games. I think it's entirely possible that we could go 3-3 or even 4-2.

We are probably 8-8 or 7-9 at best with Collins as the starter. Our schedule is pretty brutal. If the Texans can't win the division this year, they need to be slapped.

Why do some of ya'll keep saying that? manning is not done for the season.....we're talking one game atleast....that doesnt define our whole season smh

I posted this in another thread - let's say Peyton is out for the first 6 games. I think it's entirely possible that we could go 3-3 or even 4-2.

i am excited to see our team adjust other teams in our division wont know how to defense us, we are going to run the ball down their throats and then collins will burn them with a pass deep go colts

The answer to question is probably no, but even with all the talent in the world it doesn't mean your going to win (Cowboys) He has to practice hard with all the starting players and build some sort of chemistry especially Wayne who is not a fan of him. I wouldn't be suprise if Curtis starts just to see what the kid gots and if he is horrible as we seen Collins will come in and play and continue to start and it will make Custis much easier to cut since they will finally see him in games that count and he wasnt good enough.

The answer to question is probably no, but even with all the talent in the world it doesn't mean your going to win (Cowboys) He has to practice hard with all the starting players and build some sort of chemistry especially Wayne who is not a fan of him. I wouldn't be suprise if Curtis starts just to see what the kid gots and if he is horrible as we seen Collins will come in and play and continue to start and it will make Custis much easier to cut since they will finally see him in games that count and he wasnt good enough.

You would think since they were going to cut Dan they would let painter play in the bengals game... the colts seem like a really backwards organization lol.. Painter did not deserve to sit out in the bengals game at all he's not even a starter.

Look, winning on Sunday will be a huge challenge for Indy and I sincerely doubt they will be able to pull off a win.

But that stat seems meaningless to me. He has not faced Phillips with the Colts personnel and scheme. And while I am sure Phillips will ulitmately make a difference in Houston, this is their first game with a brand new scheme and without all the reps they missed out on on mini-camps and OTA's.

Wade has already made a difference....nowhere to go but up from 30th. lol

I guess the same could be said about KFC and the Colts offense....less time then Wade had with Texans D. And are you saying that the Colts personnel are that much better then KFCs previous personnel? I dont see it. The Colts personnel were good because of PM.

The difference will be if we can get pressure from up the middle.We had some during the preseason then we let Harris go.We know Freeney and Mathis will bring it off the edges just depends if the QB can step up into pressure or in to passing lanes.

You would think since they were going to cut Dan they would let painter play in the bengals game... the colts seem like a really backwards organization lol.. Painter did not deserve to sit out in the bengals game at all he's not even a starter.

They may have been doing D.O. a favor by letting other teams see him. Or they may have been on the fence with him and Painter and wanted to see if he had the stuff to beat out Painter.

Why do some of ya'll keep saying that? manning is not done for the season.....we're talking one game atleast....that doesnt define our whole season smh

If Manning plays this year they are most likely going to be rushing the man back. Even if he comes back eventually do you really expect him to just pick up where he left off last year? His neck nerves still haven't regenerated, his back is now sore, and he has been advised to stop practicing altogether. Yet some still continue to believe he is only going to miss one game? This is the Colts front office we are dealing with here, when they say he will be out indefinitely, that is our cue to prepare ourselfs for what could very well be an extended Manning absence. Let 18 rest and get healthy. One season is not worth putting the rest of his career jeopardy.

Oh and I don't really care about the streak...like Smitto said that doesn't get you anything and like Sue Q said, rather have a broken streak than a broken Peyton.

Wade has already made a difference....nowhere to go but up from 30th. lol

I guess the same could be said about KFC and the Colts offense....less time then Wade had with Texans D. And are you saying that the Colts personnel are that much better then KFCs previous personnel? I dont see it. The Colts personnel were good because of PM.

I would hazard a guess that Collins has never had a TE like Clark or a WR as good as Wayne.

I would also suggest that there are several other factors involved in why Collins' teams faired poorly against Phillips. Were Collins' teams good enough definsively? But both those points are secondary.

My ultimate point is that these are different circumstances for both teams and that 0-8 record means nothing going into this game. If the Texans win it will be due to them playing better on Sunday and have nothing to do to Collins' lack of previous success against Phillips' D.

They may have been doing D.O. a favor by letting other teams see him. Or they may have been on the fence with him and Painter and wanted to see if he had the stuff to beat out Painter.

In the colts current situation i dont see them having the time to do anyone favors, plus they dont sound like a team to do that when look at spann. Im definitely excited to see how this team looks without manning at the helm.

Thoughts?

I think he has had a better O-Line But, as far as WR's TE's & RB's. IMO, I think it is the best group he has played with

I hope he will suprise all of us and blow it up this year