Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Spann To Ir As Colts Backtrack & Pick Up A Fb, Claim Fb Chris Gronkowski Off Waivers From Dallas

bayone

Colts claimed former 2010 starter Chris Gronkwoski off waivers from Dallas.

Gronkowski is infamous as being the man who missed the block on Giants linebacker Michael Boley, who proceeded to drive QB Tony Romo into the ground and break his collarbone.

can a “a FB could be the difference in the running game really improving, particularly [by springing] RB Donald Brown.” ????

Gronkowski has two brothers in the NFL – Dan was just waived by the Denver Broncos, Rob plays for the New England Patriots

My link

Gronkowski is a 6-2, 245-pounder out of Arizona. He signed with Dallas as an undrafted rookie last season. Gronkowski appeared in 14 games, seven as a starter and rushed five times for 17 yards and had seven receptions for 35 yards and one touchdown.

( He just needs to block though I guess to open run lanes but as blog said , he missed a pickup and led to Romo broken bone )

My link

Chad Span Placed on IR for Hamstring to make room for new FB Gronkowski

To make room for Gronkowski on the 53-player roster, the team placed Chad Spann, a rookie running back out of North Central H.S., on the injured reserve list with a hamstring injury.

( Year in & year out Hammy problems with our colts but IR him for it , Colts must like him for next year and didnt want him on PS I guess )

My link

wow, any more proof that Peyton wont be showing up under center for a LONG time?

sounds like they are getting a RB committee going because they are all gonna get banged up.

we are getting ready for a new look offense that will work without peyton, collins can run this new running offense he did it with tenn

Man I sure hope we can actually run the ball with all of these additions to the line and RB positions. I kind of like the idea against our division opponents because they have been drafting to beat a pass happy Colts team for years now. Now we are going to switch it up and run heavily since Peyton's future is in jeopardy. Lets just hope we can get 4 YPC!