Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 5 Free Agents for Colts

A few good FA options:

OG Andy Levitre, Buffalo Bills - by far the best FA guard in 2013. It's not even close. The Colts' OL needs a guy like this,

OLB Anthony Spencer, Dallas Cowboys - One of the better strongside 34 outside linebackers in the NFL. Plays the run fantastic and can get after the QB. Experienced in dropping into coverage. Plays opposite DeMarcus Ware and drops quite a bit. Therefore he doesn't get the same attention and statistical production as other edge rushers.

OLB Connor Barwin, Houston Texans - another option for the edge. Freeney won't be a Colt beyond the 2012 season.

CB Mike Jenkins, Dallas Cowboys - Trained and well suited for bump and run man coverage. A little marred by injuries though.

CB Domininique Rodgers-Cromartie, Philadelphia Eagles - Really, he's yet to put it togehter on the field. But he has all kinds of physical tools, and Pagano might be the one to coach him up and showcase the talent.

Draft options for first three picks (in no particular order):

1st round: OG Chance Warmack, CB, Demarcus Milliner, CB Xavier Rhodes, OLB Dion Jordan, DL Sheldon Richardson, DE/OLB Damontre Moore, LB Manti Te'o, LB CJ Mosley, S Tony Jefferson, S Kenny Vaccaro.

2nd round: Traded to Miami.

3rd round: OT Brennan Williams (senior who got hurt in 2012, could drop because of that), OT/OG Dallas Thomas (He probably won't be here, but if he is, get him!!!), OT Oday Aboushi, OT Ricky Wagner, OG Larry Warford, CB Desmond Trufant, CB Micah Hyde, LB Michael Mauti, S Bacarri Rambo, S Robert Lester

4th round: CB Darius Slay, LB Jake Knott, LB Khaseem Greene

it should be needless to say, not all of these guys will be available in the given rounds. Some will though.

I like this!!! But add Ezekial Ansah to first round players.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a horrible list

Lets see your list, Porter would be an upgrade over any Corner we have and that might include Vontae Davis, Phillips could very well be the best Safety available, Britton would be a big upgrade over Justice and plays in a Man Blocking scheme, Levitre I will give you that do to him not fitting our scheme, in which case I would go with Will Beatty from the Giants because he does fit the scheme (Giants run a Man Blocking Scheme and he blocked for Donald Brown at Uconn)Devito could provide competition in our 3-4 at DE if we dont go that route in the draft....if he is healthy which I think he has a problem with staying

Lets see your list, Porter would be an upgrade over any Corner we have and that might include Vontae Davis, Phillips could very well be the best Safety available, Britton would be a big upgrade over Justice and plays in a Man Blocking scheme, Levitre I will give you that do to him not fitting our scheme, in which case I would go with Will Beatty from the Giants because he does fit the scheme (Giants run a Man Blocking Scheme and he blocked for Donald Brown at Uconn)Devito could provide competition in our 3-4 at DE if we dont go that route in the draft....if he is healthy which I think he has a problem with staying

porter hasn't played since weeks 4 i believe. he has some illness that caused him to have a seizure over the summer...so i'm not sure what his staus is.

britton is has been benched more than once by the jags, moved from tackle to guard, and makes bob sanders look like the picture of health. i'm not sure why you continue to list this guy. actually i don't understand your dislike of justice. not that they guy is all pro, but he has more than solid thus far...minus the injuries.

phillips i actually like. although i would consider goldson and byrd first....if the colts thought one of them or bethea could play strong safety. unfortunately, byrd will probably get tagged.

porter hasn't played since weeks 4 i believe. he has some illness that caused him to have a seizure over the summer...so i'm not sure what his staus is.

britton is has been benched more than once by the jags, moved from tackle to guard, and makes bob sanders look like the picture of health. i'm not sure why you continue to list this guy. actually i don't understand your dislike of justice. not that they guy is all pro, but he has more than solid thus far...minus the injuries.

phillips i actually like. although i would consider goldson and byrd first....if the colts thought one of them or bethea could play strong safety. unfortunately, byrd will probably get tagged.

so what would you do at RT. I'd be fine with Justice as a backup

so what would you do at RT. I'd be fine with Justice as a backup

i don't see it as a pressing need...even if they did i don't know who they could realistically sign that would be an upgrade. vollmer would be nice, but i doubt the pats let him go, plus he has a history of back problems. i could see them addressing rt in the draft, but not in the first round.

im just going to say this. our talent level isnt up there with teams like 49ers giants patriots. if we go to the playoffs we'll be outmatched. i'd rather us get a really good player to help us contend for years to come than to be put out of the playoffs in the wild card game. imo after watching us lose to the patriots i hope we dont win many more games because we really should get star lotulelei.

im just going to say this. our talent level isnt up there with teams like 49ers giants patriots. if we go to the playoffs we'll be outmatched. i'd rather us get a really good player to help us contend for years to come than to be put out of the playoffs in the wild card game. imo after watching us lose to the patriots i hope we dont win many more games because we really should get star lotulelei.

Loutelelei is prob gonna be a top 5 pick. and don't worry so much about where they are picking...it's highly overrated...the same dumb teams ahead of the colts will continue to draft wrong.

Loutelelei is prob gonna be a top 5 pick. and don't worry so much about where they are picking...it's highly overrated...the same dumb teams ahead of the colts will continue to draft wrong.

if lotulelei is gone then what would you think if the colts got bjoern werner? would you think that is a good pick. who do you think the colts should draft?

if lotulelei is gone then what would you think if the colts got bjoern werner? would you think that is a good pick. who do you think the colts should draft?

at this point i have no idea who the colts will draft. i would think it would be a front seven for the defense, especially if they address the offensive line in free agency. having said that i would be quite happy with werner.....

• 2 weeks later...

1 Awful

2 wont happen

3 wont happen

4 If he goes anywhere it will be to a 4-3

5 They will be franchised

How bout this since this Colts top 5 needs headed into free agency granted McAfee is re-signed.

1.Since the guard class sucks so bad, offensive tackle (there are other good ones out there who won't be franchised at both left and right tackle other then Clady and Long)

2.#1 CB-Team will have a better FA to go after then Sean Smith

3.NT

4.SS

5.RDE/DT (position oposite Redding)

I would also like to add that there is no need for WR's to be in the Colts top 5 free agents list. Reggie is a good #1 who doesn't need replaced at this time or until he retires at least thus far, Hilton is a good #2 receiver, and Brazil is a good #3. Both have better stats then Reggie and Jerome Pathon did their rookie years. And I think it's debatable Bowe gets franchised again.

My List:

Mike Wallace WR

Jake Long T

Andy Levitre G

Arthur Jones DE

Sean Smith CB OR

Nnamdi Asomugha ( Not listed as a FA next year but with the situation with the Eagles, with salaries etc a lot of big players could be released, and I think he will be one of them. If he is released, then at Corner he would be my 1st option as an FA but if not then Smith as my CB FA)

DB: Keenan Lewis, Pittsburgh; Cary Williams, Ravens; DaShon Goldson, 49ers for safety

DE: Richard Seymour, Raiders

OL: Matt Slauson, Jets; Louis Vasquez, Chargers

OLB: Anthony Spencer, Cowboys

Draft the rest, we will be cooking. :)

Liking this.

Keenan Lewis and Louis Vasquez would be solid additions. 26 og 25 years of age, respectively.

Lewis is a long rangy corner, great tackler (you have to be for the Steelers), and can compete for most balls due to his length.

Vasquez is 335lbs and should fit the power blocking scheme nicely.

And I'm all for Spencer as Freeney's replacement. Been so for a long time. Cowboys "3rd OLB", Victor Butler, might also be an interesting acqusition.

FA:

CB Keenan Lewis

OG Louis Vasquez

OLB Anthony Spencer/Victor Butler

Draft:

1st: Sheldon Richardson, DL

3rd: Dallas Thomas/Brennan Williams/Oday Aboushi - the best RT available.

Ryan Grigson when asked about next years draft and free agency:

Ryan: “I look forward to it. I’m excited about it. I was on my grease board today, writing down thoughts. To me, it all comes down to what makes good football sense. Right now, we’re out a fifth-round pick, but we got T.Y. for that. It’s possible we get a pick back for Vontae, a conditional, for his deal. We really basically may be out just a couple picks on draft day, and hopefully we get some comp picks back for some guys we lost in free agency. I’m going to be aggressive always if it’s going to make us better, in a better now type of way, but it can’t be at the risk of really hurting the chemistry that we’ve developed. If it’s for someone who is just a little bit better or maybe somebody that is better but is a jerk that doesn’t fit the atmosphere here or the culture we’re building, then I’m not going to be bothered with that. Guys come on the wire all the time that, from a talent standpoint might be able to help us, but if they don’t fit for the other criteria, then we don’t want them."

Submitted for your Rejection/Approval

1 - Louis Vasquez (Best OL on the chargers roster, and he's only 25)

2 - Adam Lavetre (The only OL that's actually protecting R.Fitzpatrick)

3 - Sam Sheilds (Can cover, and boy can he run!)

4 - Jairus Byrd (Only DB in Buffalo, that can catch)

5 - Greg Toler or DeMarcus VanDyke (Toler is an awesome tackler, and DeMarcus has the physical tools.....to become a shutdown corner)

**D.V.D. as he is referred to, is really on my wish list as fan. Forgive me for even posting his name, but i do believe with training, he could be awesome for "our" team. Im so tired of seeing colts DB's being left for dead on go routes**

1. Sean Smith is the only decent cornerback on that team. They won't let him go too, that's almost a guarantee.

2/3. Both of them are the same thing. Although elite receivers, we don't need anymore. Reggie is Reggie, TY and Donnie are developing into real solid starters, and Brazill gives us great depth. Also, to the guys saying that we need to think about a future no.1 receiver (I think I quickly saw that stated here), Reggie still has a lot left in the tank and we shouldn't be worrying about that yet.

4. Dorsey isn't the worst thing I've heard, but I don't think we should add another 3 tech-er in the mix. We already have Redding, Nevis, (maybe) Moala, Matthews, Guy and Geathers. We already have enough, and if anything, taking a 3 tech-er with one of our (probable) compensatory picks is ok.

5. Jake Long is a fortune and I don't think he's leaving the Fins. Ryan Clady IS DEFINITELY NOT leaving the Broncos. He's having a career year. He's allowed 1 sack all year and is arguably the best LT this season (along with Thomas, Veldheer and Ferguson).

I've been seeing the name Andy Levitre around here, and really, that's the (relatively) big name I'd consider right now, although both offenses run different shemes, but the system he runs now is different from the one he used in college, so he could play different systems. The Colts don't need to sign too many free agents. Levitre would only be signed as he's a fantastic guard and the interior part of our line stinks. Besides that, we need to build our team through the draft, like the best teams in this league. Free agency fixes up patches, it doesn't completely solve the problem.