Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 5 Free Agents for Colts

1. Sean Smith CB Miami- reuniting the pair of dolphins could be huge considering powers can't play man effectively

2. Mike Wallace WR Pittsburgh- Donnie Avery can't consistently produce and TY can't seem to hold on to the ball

3. Dwayne Bowe- See Above

4. Glenn Dorsey- could play opposite of Redding and be more consistent then moala

5. Jake Long/ Ryan Clady- needed elite pass protecters, the reason they are so low is because neither are expected to hit free agency

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Sean Smith CB Miami- reuniting the pair of dolphins could be huge considering powers can't play man effectively

2. Mike Wallace WR Pittsburgh- Donnie Avery can't consistently produce and TY can't seem to hold on to the ball

4. Glenn Dorsey- could play opposite of Redding and be more consistent then moala

5. Jake Long/ Ryan Clady- needed elite pass protecters, the reason they are so low is because neither are expected to hit free agency

Long and Smith are total garbage. Ask ANY Phins fan. They get beat regularly now. I'd like to get Wallace too. And how do you know for a fact that Dorsey would be more consistent than Moala? Moala has played well when he's healthy.

My 2 cents on the guys mentioned.

1. Good in theory, but he's been getting worked this year and will probably be a priority re-sign for the Fins anyways.

2. I would love Wallace but not at what he probably will demand.

3. Just not a fan of Bowe at all.

4. Haven't seen much of Dorsey, but hasn't he been considered somewhat of a bust to this point?

5. Would be ecstatic to get either but neither will be available.

1 Awful

2 wont happen

3 wont happen

4 If he goes anywhere it will be to a 4-3

5 They will be franchised

1 Awful

2 wont happen

3 wont happen

4 If he goes anywhere it will be to a 4-3

5 They will be franchised

Sean Smith is terrible.

Long and Smith are total garbage. Ask ANY Phins fan. They get beat regularly now. I'd like to get Wallace too. And how do you know for a fact that Dorsey would be more consistent than Moala? Moala has played well when he's healthy.

better then powers in man? Then yes he's worth it

My 2 cents on the guys mentioned.

1. Good in theory, but he's been getting worked this year and will probably be a priority re-sign for the Fins anyways.

2. I would love Wallace but not at what he probably will demand.

3. Just not a fan of Bowe at all.

4. Haven't seen much of Dorsey, but hasn't he been considered somewhat of a bust to this point?

5. Would be ecstatic to get either but neither will be available.

considering the fins have low cap space I doubt it there was an article on CBS sports about how they might have to choos between long smith heart line and bush

considering the fins have low cap space I doubt it there was an article on CBS sports about how they might have to choos between long smith heart line and bush

Didn't know about their cap space, just that he's the best corner they have and that says a lot considering he's playing like butt right now.

Umm no he is not better than Powers. In any way, shape, or form. Except in size, though his "toughness" is that of a 5 year old school girl. You REALLY need to watch him play. Or just head to the Fins forum and see how they feel about Long and Smith.

i did see a do not resign long thread couldn't find one on smith

I think may favorite quote in this entire thread is where one poster said to prove his point, one need only ask any FINS fan to tell you how bad certain players are.

Like fans are the ultimate decider in such matters.

Holy cow...........

I knew there was a reason I was trying to stay out of this thread.....

I would love to have another talented CB on the roster so Im fine with bringing in a Sean Smith or Rodgers-Cromartie.

Other than that, I dont know if I'd want anyone else on your list. Clady will probably be resigned with Denver, and I still think Miami will pay Long. Plus Im not sure Constanzo can play RT yet. He's so used to the left side.

As for bringing in a WR, Im fine with doing that but not overspending for one like Wallace or Bowe. Id rather get someone like Danny Amendola for a cheaper contract. Plus we already have our speed WRs in Avery and Hilton and both are good.

I would love to have another talented CB on the roster so Im fine with bringing in a Sean Smith or Rodgers-Cromartie.

Other than that, I dont know if I'd want anyone else on your list. Clady will probably be resigned with Denver, and I still think Miami will pay Long. Plus Im not sure Constanzo can play RT yet. He's so used to the left side.

As for bringing in a WR, Im fine with doing that but not overspending for one like Wallace or Bowe. Id rather get someone like Danny Amendola for a cheaper contract. Plus we already have our speed WRs in Avery and Hilton and both are good.

who is going to be luck's number one

Hilton doubt it More of a complementary guy

Brazill doubt it

Avery with injury history no

Collie probably gone

I don't think luck wants to wait for a draft pick to develop to a viable receiver

So either we pick one now or use our cap space for a young and productive guy or have luck deal with what Sam Bradford has to

I think may favorite quote in this entire thread is where one poster said to prove his point, one need only ask any FINS fan to tell you how bad certain players are.

Like fans are the ultimate decider in such matters.

Holy cow...........

I knew there was a reason I was trying to stay out of this thread.....

I'm guessing this was about my comment. Let me re-quote myself.

"Umm no he is not better than Powers. In any way, shape, or form. Except in size, though his "toughness" is that of a 5 year old school girl. You REALLY need to watch him play. Or just head to the Fins forum and see how they feel about Long and Smith"

I said to watch him play OR see the feedback about him on their forum. Never did I say to go ask any Fins fans to tell him how bad certain players are.

Sorry, didn't mean to give you such a hard time.... but I'm not sure your explanation is all that much better.

So..... let me put it another way.... suppose a fan from another team had asked us in early October how our OL was.... what might our fans have said to that?

It would have been a scene straight out of 'Animal House'....

Linkenbach -- DEAD!!

Justice -- DEAD!!

Olson -- DEAD!!

Reitz -- DEAD!!

Satele -- DEAD!!

(feels like I'm forgetting someone?)

Neidermeyer -- DEAD!!!!!!!! :thmup:

And look at the Colts O-line now? They're healthy and playing together and gelling... now, are they great? Heck, no! Are they even good? meh..... but, they're OK, and they're clearly dramatically improved over what they were at the beginning of the year.

The point is.... fans -- and I include me in that group -- as much as we know, we just don't know that much. (Thank you, Jim Mora Sr.!!)

We don't know the behind the scenes. We don't know about certain injuries. We don't know about coaching issues? There's lots that goes on that we just don't know.

Goodness, to read our own boards you'd think that playing without any cornerbacks would be better for the Colts than playing for any of the guys on our roster. All I read is negative stuff about ALL our guys (until Thursday and Butler) Powers, Davis, Vaughn, etc, all of them SUCK Big Time according to Colt's Nation. Now, Butler is flavor of the month. And the moment he is burned like toast, then fans here will jump off his bandwagon faster than you can say.... "The Butler did it!" (Sorry.....)

I take all of this stuff with giant grains of salt. Lots of them. I try to quote or cite NFL personnel people that I like and trust as my sources. I don't much care what fans think of this guy or that guy....

It's fun being a fan, but we're all just fans.... even me.... (Heck, ESPECIALLY me!) :thmup:

Hope that clarifies things....

Meh Smith is at least a good a Corner as Powers has been (obviously not saying much at all), and some think we have to resign Powers (I think Powers is hanging on by a thread now at this point, Arians was talking about Butler starting at #2), Smith Better then Powers? Not from what I have seen but certainly could compete with Powers for the Nickel if we had him as for Cromartie, Powers nor Smith are in his league

who is going to be luck's number one

Hilton doubt it More of a complementary guy

Brazill doubt it

Avery with injury history no

Collie probably gone

I don't think luck wants to wait for a draft pick to develop to a viable receiver

So either we pick one now or use our cap space for a young and productive guy or have luck deal with what Sam Bradford has to

I think we would be fine with Wayne as our #1, Avery and Hilton as complimentary, Amendola as a dependable slot WR, and remember our young TEs will be a year better. Thats still plenty of weapons. Id rather spend the money to improve the OL and defense.

My free agent wishlist is this (for inexpensive contracts)...

WR Danny Amendola to be our starting slot WR

CB Dominique Rodgers Cromartie to start opposite Davis

NT- A quality veteran NT to share time with Chapman

LT Jake Long (less likely, but if Grigson and company think he can get back to his former self, and they also feel Costanzo can be a very good RT, then this may happen.)

We were interested in Jenkins and we got Davis. That tells you how desperate we are for a CB. I used to laugh at Jenkins and now I laugh at Davis. We have to get better at corner. Period, whomever it is.

why do you laugh at davis? for being injured?

Why so much love for DRC? He has been a major disappointment in Philly and is only hyped up because of his marketable name. Tell me, have any of you guys seen him play? I wouldn't want anything to do with him. or Smith.

In all fairness, that whole Philly team is one giant dumpster fire right now.

Top 5 Free Agents for Colts in no particular order

1.Tracy Porter

2.Kenny Phillips

3.Eben Britton

4.Andy Levitre

5.Mike Devito (If he can stay healthy this season) alternate #5 Brent Grimes but I bet he gets resigned

Really I only see us signing 1-2 on that list if they become available and thats Britton and Phillips, , Porter probably wont see FA

Top 5 Free Agents for Colts in no particular order

1.Tracy Porter

2.Kenny Phillips

3.Eben Britton

4.Andy Levitre

5.Mike Devito (If he can stay healthy this season) alternate #5 Brent Grimes but I bet he gets resigned

Really I only see us signing 1-2 on that list if they become available and thats Britton and Phillips, , Porter probably wont see FA

that's a horrible list

A few good FA options:

OG Andy Levitre, Buffalo Bills - by far the best FA guard in 2013. It's not even close. The Colts' OL needs a guy like this,

OLB Anthony Spencer, Dallas Cowboys - One of the better strongside 34 outside linebackers in the NFL. Plays the run fantastic and can get after the QB. Experienced in dropping into coverage. Plays opposite DeMarcus Ware and drops quite a bit. Therefore he doesn't get the same attention and statistical production as other edge rushers.

OLB Connor Barwin, Houston Texans - another option for the edge. Freeney won't be a Colt beyond the 2012 season.

CB Mike Jenkins, Dallas Cowboys - Trained and well suited for bump and run man coverage. A little marred by injuries though.

CB Domininique Rodgers-Cromartie, Philadelphia Eagles - Really, he's yet to put it togehter on the field. But he has all kinds of physical tools, and Pagano might be the one to coach him up and showcase the talent.

Draft options for first three picks (in no particular order):

1st round: OG Chance Warmack, CB, Demarcus Milliner, CB Xavier Rhodes, OLB Dion Jordan, DL Sheldon Richardson, DE/OLB Damontre Moore, LB Manti Te'o, LB CJ Mosley, S Tony Jefferson, S Kenny Vaccaro.

2nd round: Traded to Miami.

3rd round: OT Brennan Williams (senior who got hurt in 2012, could drop because of that), OT/OG Dallas Thomas (He probably won't be here, but if he is, get him!!!), OT Oday Aboushi, OT Ricky Wagner, OG Larry Warford, CB Desmond Trufant, CB Micah Hyde, LB Michael Mauti, S Bacarri Rambo, S Robert Lester

4th round: CB Darius Slay, LB Jake Knott, LB Khaseem Greene

it should be needless to say, not all of these guys will be available in the given rounds. Some will though.