Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Year Same Problems?

colts52761

I think we will be okay on d as long as freeney and mathis are healthy,although our secondary is need of depth.I am worried about the o-line mostly because they have been moving guys around so much.They need some continuity.Special teams will be fine thanks to the new kick off rules,and our punter is very good.

See I can agree with this lol.

Freeney and Mathis are clearly the key to the D, well IMO mostly Freeney, if he's being well Freeney the rest of the defense sorta takes care of it's self. When he struggles or teams get him blocked the rest of the defense tends to struggle. It would be nice if Hughes steps up so we can rest Freeney and Mathis some and have them rested.

Even without Harris I really like what I have seen out of our DTs this pre-season and I think they are going to be improved. I agree I am worried abuot the lack of depth in the secondary mostly at corner but let's not forget it was this day last year the brought us Justin Tryon.

I think now they have seatled on the o-line and they will jell as the year goes along. It will be rocky at times with three new starters (two of which are rookies basicly) and Diem is in a new spot. I just hopes it's not so rocky that we get Manning hurt. I still think we are short one starter on the o-line but maybe the trade that is being rumored will address that.

I think the new kickoff rule is the best thing to happen to the Colts other than drafting Peyton Manning as long as we don't get cute with it and start doing what we did a little of in the Packers game where we had McAfee kick it short a couple of times to let them bring it out so we could tackle them inside the 20. No need to get greedy making the other team start at the 20 is a win for the Colts special teams.

1. We won't be able to stop the run.

2. Our oline play will not run block good, especially the interior.

3. Poor special teams.

I hope i'm wrong but to me i don't see this stuff being fixed.

Okay. And you're basing this on ... the preseason games... the cuts... too little fiber...???

actually that could give us some good runs

Good one! I don't know anything about the OP, but in general, when someone starts a post making a statement on how the team looks - good or bad - you'd think they'd stick around and respond to the questions.

So, unless proven wrong, I can't take them seriously.

Actually, this post is spot on. From what I seen this year, nothing has really changed. You can add in there, the Colts still don't have a viable #2 at QB. Has been the same problem for years!

The only problem I have with this post is that the OP gives no reasons for his opinions. He doesn't even come back to comment on what others are saying. Not saying he's a troll, but if someone were to troll, that's a good way to do it.

So, since you jumped in - why do you think he's 'spot on'? (And remember, this was written prior to all the new Manning speculation).