Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

luck has the chance to do something manning hasnt done this year

Stephen

He has a chance to beat the patriots, but the key is we can't get off to a slow start like the broncos did. The patriots were beating them 17 to 7 at halftime and then extended it to 31 to 7 by the end of the third quarter. If the colts are to beat the patriots they must not fumble the ball or throw ints. Ball protection is key. Another thing the colts must do is stop the run. The broncos let the patriots run wild most the game.

Good analysis, and I agree. The Colts can do this, but they'll have to keep pace with the Patriots. I think it's time to get the rookies up to speed and turn loose a no huddle offense. I know it didn't work so well for Manning, but I think Luck can get it going if the other rookies are up to the task because this is a different team than the Pats have ever played. We can get this done. Chuckstrong!

My friends at work were telling me that DVOA tells you a lot of truths.

Apparently, our DVOA is not too high on both sides that when we face a quality team like the Pats on the road, it will show. While everyone wants to point to the Packers game for proof we can hang with the best, one can also point out to the Jets game to state the opposite.

This team is scrappy, and has shown it can hang with better teams at home but on the road, we squeaked by a mediocre Titans team and thumped a woeful Jags team without MJD. I will still hold back my optimism for the road with this team but at home, I do believe we take our play to another level.

He has a chance to beat the patriots, but the key is we can't get off to a slow start like the broncos did. The patriots were beating them 17 to 7 at halftime and then extended it to 31 to 7 by the end of the third quarter. If the colts are to beat the patriots they must not fumble the ball or throw ints. Ball protection is key. Another thing the colts must do is stop the run. The broncos let the patriots run wild most the game.

Bolden out nextr 4 d games substance using performance enhancing games, was announced on friday

Not main rb but has power and good depth and some real good runs and 1 stellar game

Apparently, our DVOA is not too high on both sides that when we face a quality team like the Pats on the road, it will show. While everyone wants to point to the Packers game for proof we can hang with the best, one can also point out to the Jets game to state the opposite.

This team is scrappy, and has shown it can hang with better teams at home but on the road, we squeaked by a mediocre Titans team and thumped a woeful Jags team without MJD. I will still hold back my optimism for the road with this team but at home, I do believe we take our play to another level.

yeah, alot of that just has to do with having alot of young guys on the team. at home they are more comfortable in every way. once the get used to the being on the rd, the grind they'll be alright.

Thanks Chad. I've been saying the same for a while, but didn't look for the statistical support.

On the other hand, I think this team has been maturing and evolving at a rapid rate, and is starting to show signs of becoming the MONSTER coach Pagano wanted to build.

A win would be awesome, but if a win isn't in the cards, I really hope to see toughness, resiliency, determination, no quit, and a close score.

Thanks Chad. I've been saying the same for a while, but didn't look for the statistical support.

On the other hand, I think this team has been maturing and evolving at a rapid rate, and is starting to show signs of becoming the MONSTER coach Pagano wanted to build.

A win would be awesome, but if a win isn't in the cards, I really hope to see toughness, resiliency, determination, no quit, and a close score.

I think Pagano's sickness, then remission & emotional speech has been a rallying cry & helped this team build momentum

I also think arians is quite a coach in his own right, not just an OC , relishes the chance hates the way he got it , but is giving it his all and showcasing his talents & , he was right, all those years with empty steeler promises of promotion when he deserved more from steelers has ended with us getting him & we " LUCK " ed out there too

=============================================

Re difference in our game Vs when Peyton played them, D for peyton horrendous & still inconsistent esp early, as that was the case 1st quarter of the season, & then giving up what 250 yards rushing by commitee , Brady hardly did much, Bolden out helps against the RB by commitee

Peyton on offense were still developing chemistry and needed as before , & as next with chargers, a first half to get into rhythm,

unless was falcon game

That was game on first play the game where switching hands DT fumbled it on way to td after a bomb

a TD , Mcgahee stalled a drive with adrop on 3rd down well into other team territory , & then next drive MMcGahee fumbled away ball at the 5, so u cam move ball on that team

so Denver made mistakes, AGAIN PLAY A FULL 60 Minutes and get Wayne involved, he knows those pats

===============================================

HOWEVER Brady & Brandon Lloyd, now getting more comfy in system esp in redzone & endzone so that's more dangerous now

KEY TO THE GAME IS PLAY A FULL 60 MINUTES

also this week so maybe next & this is a helpful too

Verastile

TE Aaron Hernandez inactive for Patriots again with ankle injury

Tom Brady will instead have to lean, once again, on Rob Gronkowski in the passing game, although Visanthe Shiancoe, who was activated from the designated-to-return injury list on Saturday, will also be able to help.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20936250/aaron-hernandez-inactive-for-patriots-again-with-ankle-injury