Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Javarris James.

bayone

Evans yes, Spann I just don't see him making it. I want Spann to make it he went to my high school but I just don't think he did enough to win a job.

I don't expect both (Evans, Spann) to make the final 53, but I still believe both of them have a higher ceiling than James and I'd like to see both of them on at least the practice squad.

I don't expect both (Evans, Spann) to make the final 53, but I still believe both of them have a higher ceiling than James and I'd like to see both of them on at least the practice squad.

With James going there should be room for one. I am guessing we will keep four backs and if we do Addai, Brown, and Carter will probably make it now which means Spann or Evans should have the other job. I think Evans gets it.

With James going there should be room for one. I am guessing we will keep four backs and if we do Addai, Brown, and Carter will probably make it now which means Spann or Evans should have the other job. I think Evans gets it.

I think you're right. I hope, if that is the case, that Spann can find his way to the PS.

Why woould that be good news for brown, more like evans he's the one at the bottom of the depth chart.

Generally when you don't get cut it's thought to be good news. I know you never questioned Brown making the roster but that doesn't mean other people never questioned him making including if you believe reports yesterday from the local media in town the Colts. Good for Brown hopefully he does well.

Generally when you don't get cut it's thought to be good news. I know you never questioned Brown making the roster but that doesn't mean other people never questioned him making including if you believe reports yesterday from the local media in town the Colts. Good for Brown hopefully he does well.

Tbh i would love for a bigger back to start over addai and brown but never would i believe browns job was in question.

evans also made the roster.... could that trade have brown's name in it? could make sense if it was for someone on offense.

Doubt it, if that were the case I think Spann would be on the PS to be brought up when we traded Brown, not planning on dropping Spann to the PS after the trade. If Evans, Spann, Carter, and Addai are all there it might not be a lock that Brown is still there. Five running backs is a lot but not impossable.

Doubt it, if that were the case I think Spann would be on the PS to be brought up when we traded Brown, not planning on dropping Spann to the PS after the trade. If Evans, Spann, Carter, and Addai are all there it might not be a lock that Brown is still there. Five running backs is a lot but not impossable.

Well they could be trading for a WR not much healthy depth over there if you ask me. five rb's is way too many if they were to trade brown i think it would be addai, carter and evans... though when you think about it the colts carried a few rbs last year, addai, brown, hart and james

Well they could be trading for a WR not much healthy depth over there if you ask me. five rb's is way too many if they were to trade brown i think it would be addai, carter and evans... though when you think about it the colts carried a few rbs last year, addai, brown, hart and james

They might very well be trading for a WR. James was added after Hart and Addai got hurt last year. He didn't make the roster out of camp we put him on the PS.

I agree that five running backs is too many and if the reports are that Evans and Spann have made the roster for now I don't think they are cutting Addai or Carter so that leaves Brown as the odd man out. I could see a trade if it wasn't also being reported that they are planning on dumping Spann to the PS after the trade because if Brown was going to get traded why would dump another back to the PS after trading one? We'll see what happens here. Maybe Spann made the roster like Moore did last year in terms of his return abalities but then the cut reports after a trade wouldn't make sense.

They might very well be trading for a WR. James was added after Hart and Addai got hurt last year. He didn't make the roster out of camp we put him on the PS.

I agree that five running backs is too many and if the reports are that Evans and Spann have made the roster for now I don't think they are cutting Addai or Carter so that leaves Brown as the odd man out. I could see a trade if it wasn't also being reported that they are planning on dumping Spann to the PS after the trade because if Brown was going to get traded why would dump another back to the PS after trading one? We'll see what happens here. Maybe Spann made the roster like Moore did last year in terms of his return abalities but then the cut reports after a trade wouldn't make sense.

Oh ok then, brown has to be the odd man out cause i dont see why the colts would keep 4 backs on the roster after all is said and done. itll sure be interesting to see who they traded for.

Oh ok then, brown has to be the odd man out cause i dont see why the colts would keep 4 backs on the roster after all is said and done. itll sure be interesting to see who they traded for.

Well he's the odd man our if Spann stays on the active roster. If he's going to the practice squad like has been reported then I think we keep Brown. I just don't see the logic of keeping Spann on the active roster till we trade Brown and then putting Spann on the practice squad unless we are trading for another running back but then trading Brown opens up the roster spot and there is still no reason to move Spann to the practice squad then.

Well he's the odd man our if Spann stays on the active roster. If he's going to the practice squad like has been reported then I think we keep Brown. I just don't see the logic of keeping Spann on the active roster till we trade Brown and then putting Spann on the practice squad unless we are trading for another running back but then trading Brown opens up the roster spot and there is still no reason to move Spann to the practice squad then.

I just wanna see what happens and if this trade doesnt include donald then trying to keep all those backs in the first place is just weird.