Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos Vs Panthers

bayone

Panthers' Ron Rivera hopes team can find winning way vs. Broncos

coach Ron Rivera, who was a defensive coordinator for the Chargers and Bears before he took over in Carolina, was asked how a team can stop Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.

"Boy, I tell you what, hope he has a bad day," Rivera said. "He is who he is."

past four losses have been decided by a combined 12 points, including a one-point loss to the now 7-1 Bears when the Panthers failed to hold a 19-7 lead in the fourth quarter.

Rivera said he believes the Panthers have kicked too many field goals when they've had chances for touchdowns and been subpar on third down, both offensively and defensively, in the losses.

The Broncos haven't played in Charlotte since 2008 when

a John Fox-coached Panthers team beat the Broncos, 30-0.

Read more:Panthers' Ron Rivera hopes team can find winning way vs. Broncos - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2BZQMcUX2

Broncos' Peyton Manning appreciative of offensive line

Denver's upcoming opponent, Carolina, ranks second in the NFC in sacks per play so it may be strength vs. strength on Sunday in Charlotte.

"They have active guys up front," Manning said. "And most of their sacks have come when they (just) rushed four, which tells you something. I think we have a real challenge up front running the ball and pass protecting."

Read more:Broncos' Peyton Manning appreciative of offensive line sack streak - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...k#ixzz2BZqhmjWR

After the Panthers showed up against the Bears, I would be shocked if this is not a close game.

It would be better for the Broncos if this was a close, knock down, drag out game. I don't wanna see any player injuries naturally, but the Panthers have 2 solid RBs and I need to see how Denver responds to and stops a solid ground game. I haven't seen that yet. A good test for Denver IMO. A classic trap game. Peyton won't allow his squad to take Carolina lightly though and neither will Coach Fox for that matter.

Off Topic: Hey Bogie, your Saints stomped the Eagles the other night. Nice Job buddy!!! You're squad showed incredible resolve despite all that Bounty Gate nonsense this season. Way to GO!!!

Your DC Spags is not getting the job done though. But, I do have a great deal of respect for the intestinal fortitude & mental toughness of your team. :rock:

Broncos' Peyton Manning appreciative of offensive line

Denver's upcoming opponent, Carolina, ranks second in the NFC in sacks per play so it may be strength vs. strength on Sunday in Charlotte.

"They have active guys up front," Manning said. "And most of their sacks have come when they (just) rushed four, which tells you something. I think we have a real challenge up front running the ball and pass protecting."

Read more:Broncos' Peyton Manning appreciative of offensive line sack streak - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...k#ixzz2BZqhmjWR

Man-Ram's big test, coming up.

It will be a tough game.

Yes, I feel it will be a tough game too, a low scoring one, I may add. The Panthers' D is playing well recently, should have had Chicago by the ropes if Cam did not throw that pick six.

Broncos 24 Panthers 16 kind of game with the Broncos' D setting up a score, IMO.

Broncos CB Tracy Porter still waiting for clearance to return

was on the field briefly during Thursday's open period of practice, but did not participate in drills.

Porter was wearing his jersey, pulled over a hooded sweatshirt, and went back inside the Broncos' locker room/training room when practice got underway.

Read more:Broncos CB Tracy Porter still waiting for clearance to return - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21957158/broncos-cb-tracy-porter-still-waiting-clearance-return#ixzz2Bf1LacJy

I posted this elswhere with a reference ( cant find right now ) - its pure speculation but a good one

article noted that in last 2-3 few games Broncos McCoy has seemed to shy away from his intent on forcing Petron to use a 2 back set so we hardly have seen it & with Virgil Green back to health he can fill the FB spot if needed, with Kupers injury & Blake on IR and Walton not making the team Broncos are now notoriously thin on OL

if injuries occir there is ccurretly only Davis, C.J. Center on the active roster

Plus a center and tackle on the Practice squad

Saulsberry, Quentin C & Weems, Darrion T to be called on

it was suggested to get rid of Grankowsi & sign another OL for depth

I am getting concerned that our receivers are getting beat up....

.I was surprised Jacob Tamme isnt on this list

I hoe the backup pass catchers are ready to go because it looks like we're going to need them...

AGREE WITH BOTH STATEMENTS

What back up pass catchers

Andre Caldwell usually a healthy scratch as team needs are elswhere according to Denver Post article had read and Wiillis much better at special teams

Matthew Willis can't run routes,

Trindon Holliday isnt there to catch & has he practiced with Peyton on that yet

Virgil Green also on injured list with hamstring

Julius Thomas has he played yet , no catches , has been in

Chris Gronkowski can't see him on a deep double post

Maybe Hillman split wide

DEPTH CHART

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

Broncos' are precariously thin at WR, at least quality ones.

One injury to Decker, DT or Stokely and suddenly, you are looking at Peyton having to force more throws.

This game is going to be a grinder, like a 24-16 type Broncos win.

& forcing those throws into thick coverage as the opposing team willl know it

exactly my point from comment just before yours,again we had this discussion once, Instead of QB BROCK, if truly in a win now mode , u shore up the D or get another weapon

These type of match ups are a little unpredictable. My head is going with the Broncos, but I have a gut feeling the Panthers may pull off an upset or if not, I feel the game might be closer then what my head is telling me. If that makes any since.

Carolina at times can be a very tough opponent, especially at home..I'm really scared of this game more than any other Denver has...This is the type of game that, looking at the records, should be a no-brainer..but the way things are going this year, with all the parody and upsets, It wouldn't shock me if the Panthers won..

I'm still calling Denver by 8...and I hope Peyton has another huge game....

Carolina at times can be a very tough opponent, especially at home..I'm really scared of this game more than any other Denver has...This is the type of game that, looking at the records, should be a no-brainer..but the way things are going this year, with all the parody and upsets, It wouldn't shock me if the Panthers won..

I'm still calling Denver by 8...and I hope Peyton has another huge game....

The reason Denver wins this is I believe Denver has enough on defense with JDR calling good plays and using right personnel recently to win games not just on O. Peyton may get more credit because he is the QB as always but I believe the Denver D is playing better than they did earlier in the year.

It has been a while since Jon Beason went on IR, isn't it?

They got Luke Kuechly, the promising rookie MLB from Boston College, and he has been playing well. Their secondary with Josh Norman from Coastal Carolina (one of the young CBs I wanted Grigson to draft) is starting to play real well, plus their front 4 is generating good pass rush. Very much like the Bengals' stout D-line but I do think the Bengals, coming rested off a bye week, were a fresher D to go against than the Panthers. So, eventually, if Peyton does a lot of no huddle, it will be in Denver's favor more so than in the Bengals game.

They got Luke Kuechly, the promising rookie MLB from Boston College, and he has been playing well. Their secondary with Josh Norman from Coastal Carolina (one of the young CBs I wanted Grigson to draft) is starting to play real well, plus their front 4 is generating good pass rush. Very much like the Bengals' stout D-line but I do think the Bengals, coming rested off a bye week, were a fresher D to go against than the Panthers. So, eventually, if Peyton does a lot of no huddle, it will be in Denver's favor more so than in the Bengals game.

Yes chad72, Beason does seem like he has been on IR for a long time, but I don't know how frequently they update their roster to reflect active players though. I agree 100% No huddle/hurry up offense should restrict fresh legs & substitutions overall. Well said.

I've got to remember to watch the whole clip on You Tube before I click post. Too many bloggers use curse words like bubble gum in their clips. That's why I changed that 1st Jon Beason clip.

On IR for awhile --- yes , so team is now getting better playing without him as has been doing so for awhile

They got Luke Kuechly, - Great Tackler, aggressive, has at least 1 sack I saw

front 4 is generating good pass rush.

quite true & like bengals, can be up the midfdle or from the sides and now its ramirez in for entire game

Panthers have 1 more or 1 less sack than bengals

The reason Denver wins this is I believe Denver has enough on defense with JDR calling good plays and using right personnel recently to win games not just on O. Peyton may get more credit because he is the QB as always but I believe the Denver D is playing better than they did earlier in the year.

seems like the d is more consistent of late

he is forgiven.......Denver is very impressive......and they have so much speed on defense........San Diego's last stand is next week

Yep. If the Broncos take care of the Chargers next week, the best the Chargers can do is hope to pull a December miracle like years past to squeak in as a wild card. I doubt it happens.

Cam Newton is changing his name to "Fig" as his sophomore "slump" is in actuality his sophomore "showcase". The guy is showing what it is like to be big man on campus and then a loser in the NFL. He is confused and clueless on how to play quarterback NFL style. Meanwhile the guy called "Mr. Manning" hits for number 420 in the TD column making him tied for the #2 spot in career TD's behind the goof that forever ruined his image with a camera, Brett Farve.

Look for the Broncos and Texans in the final plyoff spot for the super bowl.