Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Moss To Colts?

Hobbit2000

First off, how is hobbit2000 able to post a new topic when this is his first post? I thought you had to have 20 posts under your belt before that happened. Also has anyone else noticed that all of these "sign whatever big name is on ESPN today" threads are only started by new members? Oh well to each his own.

To address the topic, what is your source? The last I heard about Moss coming to Indy was that he was at St. Elmos a while back. I don't think we have the money for any more free agents, let alone a receiver that doesn't exactly fit the Colts' receiver mold. I'm 95% certain Moss will not be a Colts until I see more info.

Yea Id like to see the source. Hobbit, be sure you read the date posted on the article, to make sure it is recent, because I have a sneaking suspicion you read an older article. Plus, Moss already was in Indy another prior week, presumably. If your article is recent, that means Moss has visited Indy twice in two different weeks.

First off, how is hobbit2000 able to post a new topic when this is his first post? I thought you had to have 20 posts under your belt before that happened. Also has anyone else noticed that all of these "sign whatever big name is on ESPN today" threads are only started by new members? Oh well to each his own.

To address the topic, what is your source? The last I heard about Moss coming to Indy was that he was at St. Elmos a while back. I don't think we have the money for any more free agents, let alone a receiver that doesn't exactly fit the Colts' receiver mold. I'm 95% certain Moss will not be a Colts until I see more info.

I've been steadily plucking away at the 20 post limit since this forum relocated. While I may not be the most articulate or knowledgeable forum poster, there have been times I would have liked to start a thread and was not able to because of this rule. So, what gives? Does hobbit2000 know a guy who knows a guy? Is this "guy" also the source of these revived Moss rumors? Will the eventual shifting of the poles detrimentally change the Earth's magnetosphere? What was I talking about again? Oh, well I will get back on topic my next post. Oh, wait I can't post anymore today because of the rules!

Okay everyone, you need to remember that bugs are still being worked out of the new site here. Yes, the intent is that a new member needs to post 20 posts before they start a new thread. However, some "new" members have been longtime members of the former forum. And in some instances, there has been a glitch that has allowed brand new posters to start threads. It is being looked into. But it's not because someone "knows a guy, who knows a guy"!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• First off.. Thanks Superman for writing this up on Young   I would be very happy with either Young or Stroud as our pick     In regards to Richardson   If teams trade up and both Young and Stroud are gone (I think its a small chance)   But.... If that happens, I would consider taking Richardson over Levis   at 4   I really dont want to give up 2 firsts and 2 2nds and a player for a move up to 1            
    • Yes.  I could be negative and see only how every Qb we take could bust...and with the questions each has any one of them could be a bust, but I look at this pretty optimistically.  We need a QB, and I think this draft presents a lot of possibilities and choices that could work out for the best.  Trade up for the elite guy and he works out.  Stand Pat for the second best guy and he works out.  Trade back and pick up a traitsy player who needs a year to develop in a year where we have no chance of going to the SB anyway.   There are about 5 or 6 QBs that could all work for us depending upon if the investment is correct.      As a fan, I can't see me criticizing any of the picks or moves Ballard makes this draft when it comes to QBs.  But, as a fan, I reserve the right to later say...."He should have known better" if it doesn't work out.  He's getting paid to know better.
    • This definitely makes sense. People seem fixated on Chicago taking Anderson or Carter. Poles has said his main objective has and will be to help Fields by surrounding him with talent. That starts up front. Even if they trade down in the top 4, I feel they will trade down again to stock picks. Anderson and Carter are nice players but I don't see Poles taking a risk on one player. He is more of the obtain more picks and increase chances of upgrading talent guy.
    • I don't accept your description that its trolling.  Trolling is intentionally saying something simply to stir the pot...to muck up the works.   If this got to a national level.... to a general football loving base, sports loving base, or general population, you don't know that the responses would be limited to just Colts fans.  You may have thousands of people who would see the Jeff hire as simply a rich white billionaire hiring is buddy over more qualified candidates.....maybe even minorities.....and would sign the petition to voice their concerns over such .    Which would be a concern to them beyond caring how many Ws and Ls Jeff might cause.     If Jeff is hired, there will be questions from general football fans, sports fans, or the population asking "What does this hire say about the NFL?"   I'd wager that the possibility of Irsay "hiring his buddy over other candidates" already has grated on enough people to contribute to their existing opinion about whether or not Jeff should be hired.    And this is the type of emotion the media morphs into and taps into.  Effectively, the media trolls the population trying to get them all triggered up.   Besides.  Petitions by their nature are one sided.  10,000 signatures may sound like a lot, but it may be less than the 11,000 votes that would support Jeff for HC if an actual poll was the medium used for fan expression.  Or less than the 150,000 opinions who are comfortable leaving it up to the owner to hire the HC he wants for the reasons he wants.  These opinions would never be known, because if you are comfortable leaving it up to the owner, you are the type of person who is not going to sign a petition in the first place.  Petitions are a form of activism, and most people aren't activists.  And most activists could care less if their opinion is in the minority, they just want their opinion to prevail.
    • If Ballard believed in Br that much he would have drafted him in R2at 53.  He was considered by some to be 1st R talent.  BR slid from where he was projected.  He was there and CB took him, but this certainly wasn’t the strategy .  We will wait until a projected 1st or 2nd rounder whom I really like slips to 77.    
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 12,937

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 2,520

• esmort

esmort 551

• Hark

Hark 668

• DougDew

DougDew 6,612

• 1959Colts