Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Chapman

crestmount

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's the situation with Chapman at this point--doesn't he have to play this week, or miss out for the rest of the season?

There are people far more expert on this topic than I, but my understanding is that he doesn't have to play. The Colts just have to determine whether to move him to the active roster this week or IR him. I think.

that is true, Chapman must be moved pretty quickly. doesn't look hopeful because I believe they would have made that move by now. look for word any day and also look for a pickup of someone else if he hasn't healed from his wounds which include a full-blown ACL reconstruct (very painful and brutal recovery time.)

what's the situation with Chapman at this point--doesn't he have to play this week, or miss out for the rest of the season?

I think they have until the end of today to activate him to the active roster if they want to have a chance to see him play this season. I guess we'll find out for sure later today.

no, once activated as an exception from the special IR, he has to play in every game from that point on (if physically able to), and further must clog all the running lanes and be a beast space-eater and make at least 8 tackles a game with 50% of the number of full tackes required to be assists, lastly he must intimidate the opposing center with insults including but not limited to "yo momma" references and "who shur daddy" references.

Go Big Daddy Chap!!!!!

CRHughes is correct it is the 13th. Only the evaluators know his progress. If they think he can add or be better than what we have it is a no doubter. If there is some risk to his future they may wait till next year. Some of this may depend on his want to, he is a stud and if he is ready to preform he would be a great addition.

I think he is going to be active for the Patriots game. I remember reading an interview with Grigson in which he said that Manuski pulled him aside to show him a practice video with Chapman throwing a 320 lb tackle (most likely Hicks) out of the way like a rag doll (paraphrase).

it was a 345 pound guard on the practice squad, which is Hicks.

it was a 345 pound guard on the practice squad, which is Hicks.

That's right, I forgot the exact sentence but I remember checking the practice squad for the match out of curiosity as soon as I read that. I tried to locate the article but I could not find it.

Anyway, I get the sense that Chapman's debut is one of the most anticipated for a Colts player in a long time probably because of the myth of this huge guy in the middle as a solution to all the run stopping problems.

There's no downside to activating him. We've got street FA DLs sitting on our active roster (Tevaseau, Geathers, Guy). Cut one of those dudes, and he can probably be picked up again if injuries hit...

Unless he's not ready to play yet and the other guys can play. With that said when they are ready to active him I would guess Geathers might be the odd man out even though he's a DE he was inactive on Sunday vs. Miami and with Moala and Redding healthy plus Nevis and Guy also on the roster there isn't really much of a need for him anymore.

Ok, similar to his run to the championship at Alabama, he can play hurt for us and fortune would have it we should make it to and win the Super Bowl !!!!! Play on Big Daddy Chap!!!!

I'd rather save him for next year if the alternative is rushing him back before he's ready. Why would you want to risk the career of a potential franchise NT just for one season? We have to get over this urge for instant gratification all the time. I'd love to see him play this year, but let the man come back when he's ready.

I'd rather save him for next year if the alternative is rushing him back before he's ready. Why would you want to risk the career of a potential franchise NT just for one season? We have to get over this urge for instant gratification all the time. I'd love to see him play this year, but let the man come back when he's ready.

1. he played through it last year

2. look at AD this year

surgery is getting crazy good