Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bobourret

It's really strange. We have lots of damage at many positions right now. we are in need of a tournaquet at many positions. we are really bleeding out at corner right now, ...... what's y'all opinion as to how we will stop their Gabbert throwing attack knowing we are hemmoraging due to injuries?

It's really strange. We have lots of damage at many positions right now. we are in need of a tournaquet at many positions. we are really bleeding out at corner right now, ...... what's y'all opinion as to how we will stop their Gabbert throwing attack knowing we are hemmoraging due to injuries?

Im not sure if you're serious. I hardly see our defense getting torched by Gabbert. No MJD, little run game= Play action doesnt work. I predict a W for the Colts.

Um.... It's Gabbert. He stops himself.

How weird is it that Peyton and Luck both have the same record and thrown for exact same amount of yards

Andrew is going to throw for more yards than Peyton becuares the Broncos will be ahead and playing in some bad weather next month...

the Colts will trail more and play in perfect conditions...

..dont tell anybody but Andrew Luck is going to throw for 5,000 yards...

He had put together a devastating 75 yard performance until that last throw. If Sergio Brown doesn't make a bonehead coverage jump and then smack himself on the head after, that play doesn't result in an 80 yard TD.

Yea, you're right, he padded his numbers on that last throw.

This NFL season has been replaced by the Twilight Zone.

With the way that Oliver Luck took over for Archie Manning and now this odd littlle stat It's been kind of a Lincoln/Kennedy type of situation between Luck/Manning.

Hooray for cognitive biases.

He killed us last time.

The PREVENT DEFENSE killed us..........the biggest cop-out...ridiculous defense EVER...WE BLEW IT! JUST SAY NO TO ANYTHING resembling a PREVENT DEFENSE...DID I say I did not like the PREVENT DEFENSE? IT PREVENTED a win! Larry Coyer...the Cover Nobody Destroyer made it famous. :)

He did?

I thought MJD and a blown zone coverage killed us.

You are right my friend. I keep trying to forgive Casius Vaughn for that as he has played quite well since. But I keep seeing him slapping the sides of his helmet as the ball sails by above his head :wall: I can almost hear him saying DUH! ala Homer Simpson!

The PREVENT DEFENSE killed us..........the biggest cop-out...ridiculous defense EVER...WE BLEW IT! JUST SAY NO TO ANYTHING resembling a PREVENT DEFENSE...DID I say I did not like the PREVENT DEFENSE? IT PREVENTED a win! Larry Coyer...the Cover Nobody Destroyer made it famous. :)

OK....I feel much better now....flashbacks to 62-7 hit me again......when I had visions of 0-16 dancing in my head. :mindblow: :slaphead: :facepalm::eek::Yikes::omg:

Andrew is going to throw for more yards than Peyton becuares the Broncos will be ahead and playing in some bad weather next month...

the Colts will trail more and play in perfect conditions...

..dont tell anybody but Andrew Luck is going to throw for 5,000 yards...

maybe 4,500

You are right my friend. I keep trying to forgive Casius Vaughn for that as he has played quite well since. But I keep seeing him slapping the sides of his helmet as the ball sails by above his head :wall: I can almost hear him saying DUH! ala Homer Simpson!

it was sergio brown dude!

one problem we didn't play prevent defense on that play had we that play doesn't happen because that's the exact type of play the prevent defense is built to stop. We played a more aggressive defense and got burned.

Yeah, a properly executed prevent defense is the correct call there, because the point of prevent is to prevent a YAC touchdown by giving up a short completion while positioning too many players between the receiver and the end zone for the receiver to score.

Which is pretty much exactly what we didn't do on that play. If our DBs play deeper, we probably win.

Yeah, a properly executed prevent defense is the correct call there, because the point of prevent is to prevent a YAC touchdown by giving up a short completion while positioning too many players between the receiver and the end zone for the receiver to score.

Which is pretty much exactly what we didn't do on that play. If our DBs play deeper, we probably win.

Bethea could have played further to the middle rather than stretching so far to the sideline. He'd have at least been able to catch Shorts and bring him down.

The defense I thought we should have played was Man 3: three man rush, three safeties, man coverage on every eligible receiver. It's a safe defense that limits big plays and allows you to make up for mistakes in coverage. We got a little too aggressive, which I understand because of the field position, but there's always the possibility of a blown coverage, which is what happened. And the rest is history.

Bethea could have played further to the middle rather than stretching so far to the sideline. He'd have at least been able to catch Shorts and bring him down.

The defense I thought we should have played was Man 3: three man rush, three safeties, man coverage on every eligible receiver. It's a safe defense that limits big plays and allows you to make up for mistakes in coverage. We got a little too aggressive, which I understand because of the field position, but there's always the possibility of a blown coverage, which is what happened. And the rest is history.

I agree actually, Man 3 would be my go-to "prevent-type" defense in most situations like that. It's also good because it rather effectively simplifies defensive assignments - there's no real mental errors to be made in a scheme like that.

FWIW I also found the Falcons' 1-minute defense rather interesting against the Cowboys on Monday, they were playing a 7-man shell with a pair of guys each playing short, medium, and long sidelines, plus a deep man in the middle.

Depends on when Bethea could have brought him down. It would then have been our luck to endure a Josh Scobee game winning FG.

Remember, when the Texans started as a franchise, the Jaguars kept losing to them??? I hope that is not the case with us losing to the lowly Jags.

one problem we didn't play prevent defense on that play had we that play doesn't happen because that's the exact type of play the prevent defense is built to stop. We played a more aggressive defense and got burned.

It was deep......with Sergio....correct on the not technically prevent....Sergio was burnt...very Coyer-esque...