Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Tressel Now A Colts Employee (Merge)

grmasterb

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tressel will serve primarily as a consultant on replays,

which will allow the other coaches to focus on their individual jobs without having to worry about making decisions on replay reviews.

Tressel To Be Replay Consultant So Other Coaches Can Do Their Jos, - So What Have They Been Doing ????

it fills a job he'd been looking to fill for several years.

guess it just takes several years to find the right person, meanwhile just leave the position unfilled, something doesnt seem right in that explanation ????

My link

Man this is funny on so many levels ...

That such a formerly prestigious college coach is now basically the coaching equivalent of a water-boy

That Caldwell is so bad at calling timeouts that he arguably was a decisive factor in single-handedly losing 2 games last year with ill-advised timeouts that he now needs a dedicated "assistant" for such a specific task

That Caldwell is often perceived to have little to nothing to do with running the team (perception here) that now he'll have even more time to do nothing

...now cue all the jokes about Colts players getting tattoos and Manning arriving to work in a Bentley

Guest BlueShoe

Man this is funny on so many levels ...

That such a formerly prestigious college coach is now basically the coaching equivalent of a water-boy

That Caldwell is so bad at calling timeouts that he arguably was a decisive factor in single-handedly losing 2 games last year with ill-advised timeouts that he now needs a dedicated "assistant" for such a specific task

That Caldwell is often perceived to have little to nothing to do with running the team (perception here) that now he'll have even more time to do nothing

...now cue all the jokes about Colts players getting tattoos and Manning arriving to work in a Bentley

Nice!

lol

Guest BlueShoe

True, but I have to say this an an unapologetic Ohio State fan -- if you're tired of conservative play calling on offense, Tressel isn't a cure.

He wouldn't touch the offense. ;)

Ohio State is probably heading back to its losing days. Just my opinion. You guys had a heck of a run though!

Tressel will serve primarily as a consultant on replays,

which will allow the other coaches to focus on their individual jobs without having to worry about making decisions on replay reviews.

Tressel To Be Replay Consultant So Other Coaches Can Do Their Jos, - So What Have They Been Doing ????

it fills a job he'd been looking to fill for several years.

guess it just takes several years to find the right person, meanwhile just leave the position unfilled, something doesnt seem right in that explanation ????

My link

Caldwells explanations normally don't make sense. No surprise here.

Ah, I don't follow College at all. Thanks

You aren't one of those guys in the Geico commercial, living under a rock, right? (Just kidding with you. Hard to imagine anyone missing that sad story.)

I'm prejudiced, as a Buckeye and a Penguin alum, but he is a classy and very bright guy. He obviously doesn't need the money, and he'll be great at whatever duty the Colts assign to him.

(As far as a conspiracy theory... would that be the worst thing in the world?)

Why couldn't Tom Moore have done this? :scratch:

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but it's time to get over Tom Moore. He didn't want to be a game-day coach anymore. He's now a film analyst for the Jets. He won't be traveling with the team, won't be involved in the day to day, and he's happy. Close that book.

As for Tressel, I don't know what this will actually mean. Caldwell has actually been pretty good with his reviews, by the numbers.

I wonder if this has an impact on whether Gonzo makes the team.

You aren't one of those guys in the Geico commercial, living under a rock, right? (Just kidding with you. Hard to imagine anyone missing that sad story.)

I'm prejudiced, as a Buckeye and a Penguin alum, but he is a classy and very bright guy. He obviously doesn't need the money, and he'll be great at whatever duty the Colts assign to him.

(As far as a conspiracy theory... would that be the worst thing in the world?)

No, just don't pay that close attention. haha But that was funny!

Nice, in theory if you think about it we are literally shoring up every problem we have had over the past couple of seasons.

-Goalline and short yardage RB problems with Dalone Carter and better beef on the Oline

-More beef in the DT spot so we dont get run over all game

And now a coach to make all the smart timeout choices we've should of had the past couple of years.

16-0

Ron Prince and Jim Tressel. Disgraced college coaches at the Colts, eh? Works for me. The things that they goofed up on in the NCAA typically can't happen in the NFL, mostly due to completely different rules. I think Tressel will only be here for a short stop.

Tressel amazes me. He got caught cheating his butt off at Ohio State. He's not welcome in D1 football. Now he has an opportunity to get a SB ring by telling Caldwell to review 3 or so plays during the season. Wow, just wow. I'm surprised he wasn't hired to do the video recording for the Pats lmao