Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The road to 9-7

oldunclemark

10-6 or 9-7 Just to get into the playoffs is key. We can beat anyone...(Packers) alas...we can be beat by anyone (LA Jags).

EARLY DRAFT PREDICTION (One of the following will be available)

1. Warmack OG

2. Barett Jones C/OG

3. Hankins DT

4. Lotulelei DT

5. Jones LB

6. Teo LB

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we beat Houston at home.... Whether they play their starters or not.

If the Texans know that the Colts are trying to get into the postseason, they will play inspired and probably have the starters in for a little while. If not, there are only a few players who I could see being pulled early to rest for the playoffs. Plus, it's about time the Texans got the monkey off their backs in Lucas Oil. haha

There is no way we are beating the Texans. My friend QuizBoy is exactly right. Houston is sick & tired of being manhandled by INDY in recent years. Our line won't be able to withstand DC Wade Phillips pressure on our line which can't protect Luck let alone give him time to throw & survey the field. We will lose both divisional rounds to Houston. Regarding the Patriots, their secondary is weak, but their ground game is better than ours right now too. Luck will get a couple of TD's, but we still lose to NE. 9-7 sounds reasonable, but anything more than that is a pipe dream and Alice in Wonderland Territory IMO.

There is no way we are beating the Texans. My friend QuizBoy is exactly right. Houston is sick & tired of being manhandled by INDY in recent years. Our line won't be able to withstand DC Wade Phillips pressure on our line which can't protect Luck let alone give him time to throw & survey the field. We will lose both divisional rounds to Houston. Regarding the Patriots, their secondary is weak, but their ground game is better than ours right now too. Luck will get a couple of TD's, but we still lose to NE. 9-7 sounds reasonable, but anything more than that is a pipe dream and Alice in Wonderland Territory IMO.

I seriously doubt Houston won't rest their starters because of losing to Indy for years, they will get their win at home. If Houston gets a top seed locked up and has nothing to gain from winning, I see no way most of the starters play the whole game.

As far as the rest of the season, 10-6 is a good possibility, but it won't be easy. As others have said, the Colts have proven they can beat anyone(at home), but can be beaten by anyone. The good news, the Colts are playing better each week and will finish the season much stronger than they started it. Miami was a tough opponent and they pulled off the victory, minus Houston and New England, they are the best team we have left to play.

But remember, even if the Colts only go 9-7, narrowly missing the playoffs IMO, this was a team that only won 2 games last year. This team has a very bright future and plenty of money coming off the books next year.

This story sounds similar...

We weren't suppose to beat the Packers or Dolphins either. How'd that work out?

This is the NFL. Anything can happen.

I said we we either going to be picking out of the top 5 in the draft, or be in play for a Wild Card spot. I think we can make it to 10-6. Even at 9-7 I think we're in play for the second Wild Card spot.

I expect a loss in New England. I expect a loss in Houston.

If Houston has the #1 seed wrapped up in week 17, I expect them to rest starters and we should win that one. Even if they don't, they are in Indianapolis, and I think we can give them a run for their money. Beating the Lions depends on how healthy Megatron is. He says today that he'll play in pain all year, so if he's hindered, maybe we can keep him in check somehow. If he's full go, though, he'll tear our tiny secondary to pieces.

The rest I see as winnable games at this point.

I seriously doubt Houston won't rest their starters because of losing to Indy for years, they will get their win at home. If Houston gets a top seed locked up and has nothing to gain from winning, I see no way most of the starters play the whole game.

As far as the rest of the season, 10-6 is a good possibility, but it won't be easy. As others have said, the Colts have proven they can beat anyone(at home), but can be beaten by anyone. The good news, the Colts are playing better each week and will finish the season much stronger than they started it. Miami was a tough opponent and they pulled off the victory, minus Houston and New England, they are the best team we have left to play.

But remember, even if the Colts only go 9-7, narrowly missing the playoffs IMO, this was a team that only won 2 games last year. This team has a very bright future and plenty of money coming off the books next year.

I ran out of likes already Corndog, but I just wanted to complement you on a nicely written post! Thank you for your kind words about the Colts as well.

This story sounds similar...

We weren't suppose to beat the Packers or Dolphins either. How'd that work out?

This is the NFL. Anything can happen.

Please... The Dolphins & the Texans are leaps and bounds apart in terms of high coaching caliber & player leadership. There is no caparison between these squads whatsoever. And the Packers still have o-line issues make no mistake about that either Coltswarriors, which is why we won that game IMHO. True, no one ever wins a game on paper, but Houston & Miami are not even in the same zip code NFL talent wise. Houston is a much tougher foe than the Dolphins could even dream about being. No disrespect intended sir.

Predictions mean nothing. If predicting in today's NFL was so accurate we'd all be millionaires. Any given sunday....I don't care who you are or what you've accomplished. Scores do not carry over games, a new week a new game. Sometimes everything just clicks, and theres no stopping you.

This team has improved with every game. Luck is figuring out how fast Avery is and has finally learned how to lead him. Throws have been short up til the last two games. TY Hilton is finally learning he must play every down. How long will it last???

Ballard catches well out of the backfield. Allen is just an animal and a real gem of a football player. Maybe my favorite rookie after Luck. He will be around and contributing for a looooong time. That's 5 guys catching, counting Reggie. Ahhh, Reggie. He has had a career season so far. Made some unbelievable catches in key siturations all season long. Talk about some leadership....

Defense is the defense. We need Mathis, Freeney, Redding, Bethea. Really thin thereafter. But the 3-4 does cause the opposing QB's some problems.

Special teams is better, but that is not saying much. We manage to keep 'em inside the 20, and return past the 20. Improvements, but that's it...so far.

And they are FUN TO WATCH...Get the penalties down, and anything could happen. 100 yds in backtracking doesn't help. But we still won......

4 games we SHOULD win....Buffalo and Tennessee at home, at Jacksonville and Kansas City. Pick your upset and we could get into the playoffs...

And we are having an absolute blast rooting this team on. Wish you could all experience the feeling at the Luc with Luck. It's amazing. New coaching staff is really working wonders with these rookies in the skill positiions...and the 3-4 on D is causing problems.

Sorry about the rambling, but it is just such fun....

Please... The Dolphins & the Texans are leaps and bounds apart in terms of high coaching caliber & player leadership. There is no caparison between these squads whatsoever. And the Packers still have o-line issues make no mistake about that either Coltswarriors, which is why we won that game IMHO. True, no one ever wins a game on paper, but Houston & Miami are not even in the same zip code NFL talent wise. Houston is a much tougher foe than the Dolphins could even dream about being. No disrespect intended sir.

The Packers beat the Texans... Your argument doesn't make sense.

Colts can beat the Texans at home.

I really hate when people use that that rationale as if it means anything..they come off as someone who dosen't know anything about the sport..At the end of the day it comes down to matchups point blank period..

I really hate when people use that that rationale as if it means anything..they come off as someone who dosen't know anything about the sport..At the end of the day it comes down to matchups point blank period..

Yep, because the Jets beat the Colts, then lost to the Dolphins, who lost to the Colts. Things don't always fit the mold, it always comes down to match-ups and who wants it more. Talent, of course, is a key component, too.

I don't think you realize. Look at the post I replied to. He stated Packers & Dolphins "aren't even in the same zip code" talent wise compared to the Texans. The Texans beat the Packers. Packers have as much talent as the Texans. Also, the poster I replied to is basically saying we don't have a chance against the Texans, which is LAUGHABLE.

This is the NFL ANYONE can win on ANY Sunday. Who would of thought Colts would beat Packers? What about Chiefs beat Saints (in New Orleans)? What about Cardinals beat Patriots (in New England)? What about the Packers slaughtering the Texans (in Houston)? I can go on and on.

Anyone who thinks Colts don't have a chance doesn't know anything about this sport or sports in general.

I don't think you realize. Look at the post I replied to. He stated Packers & Dolphins "aren't even in the same zip code" talent wise compared to the Texans. The Texans beat the Packers. Packers have as much talent as the Texans. Also, the poster I replied to is basically saying we don't have a chance against the Texans, which is LAUGHABLE.

This is the NFL ANYONE can win on ANY Sunday. Who would of thought Colts would beat Packers? What about Chiefs beat Saints (in New Orleans)? What about Cardinals beat Patriots (in New England)? What about the Packers slaughtering the Texans (in Houston)? I can go on and on.

Anyone who thinks Colts don't have a chance doesn't know anything about this sport or sports in general.

Of course I believe we can beat the Texans..I didn't forget that we beat them the last time when we had a significantly less talented team..I just don't agree with the logic that you used..

Of course I believe we can beat the Texans..I didn't forget that we beat them the last time when we had a significantly less talented team..I just don't agree with the logic that you used..

You still don't understand. I used that to counter his argument (which was basically the same thing).

Believe me I know that's not how the NFL works.

...True (about the Pack) but Jax didnt match up with us but they beat us....

..again..the question....do we need 10-6 to get in...?

Difficult to know if 9-7 will be enough at this point. How do we know what the other teams will do? Pitt beating the Giants yesterday didn't help our playoff chances. Who will get hot down the stretch?

We just need to keep winning and hope for the best. I agree with our finishing 9-7.

Philbin is an unknown as a HC. Kubiak has won what? I'd say the Texans have not at all shown there is any greater coaching caliber or player leadership. Let them win something, anything, then I will believe. They haven't - yet.

The Texans next five games are @ Bears, Jags, @ Lions, @ Titans, and @ Pats. The Colts may well be a game back or tied with the Texans heading into those last two of three games. I am excited to see this play out, see if the Colts can continue the history they have with the Texans, which is great since they came into the league. 17-3 all time? Something crazy like that. Those aren't two easy Texans wins in my mind. Division opponents are never easy.

Philbin is an unknown as a HC. Kubiak has won what? I'd say the Texans have not at all shown there is any greater coaching caliber or player leadership. Let them win something, anything, then I will believe. They haven't - yet.

The Texans next five games are @ Bears, Jags, @ Lions, @ Titans, and @ Pats. The Colts may well be a game back or tied with the Texans heading into those last two of three games. I am excited to see this play out, see if the Colts can continue the history they have with the Texans, which is great since they came into the league. 17-3 all time? Something crazy like that. Those aren't two easy Texans wins in my mind. Division opponents are never easy.

Kubiak has won 7 of 8 games this year...I don't care who you play, that's not an easy thing to do. We've beaten dear Peyton and the AFC best Broncos, according to the "experts". We've also beaten the "second-best" Ravens. I don't know how they come up with it either. I guess they live in the past. The Bears game for sure will be tough, but we've already dismantled both the Jaguars and the Titans already, and I expect it to happen again. The Patriots game will be crucial in playoff seeding, that's for sure. The Colts playing at Reliant Stadium is going to no doubt be tough for the opponent, and it will be 12's homecoming hahaha. Who knows where both these teams will be in week 17 so I'm not sure whether starters will be taken out or whatnot.

Kubiak has won 7 of 8 games this year...I don't care who you play, that's not an easy thing to do. We've beaten dear Peyton and the AFC best Broncos, according to the "experts". We've also beaten the "second-best" Ravens. I don't know how they come up with it either. I guess they live in the past. The Bears game for sure will be tough, but we've already dismantled both the Jaguars and the Titans already, and I expect it to happen again. The Patriots game will be crucial in playoff seeding, that's for sure. The Colts playing at Reliant Stadium is going to no doubt be tough for the opponent, and it will be 12's homecoming hahaha. Who knows where both these teams will be in week 17 so I'm not sure whether starters will be taken out or whatnot.

The Texans should win the South, be a top two seed in the AFC. The Colts should go under ,500 - no rookie QB has ever started from day one and led their team to a winning record for that season. But should is a crazy thing in sports.

If the Texans know that the Colts are trying to get into the postseason, they will play inspired and probably have the starters in for a little while. If not, there are only a few players who I could see being pulled early to rest for the playoffs. Plus, it's about time the Texans got the monkey off their backs in Lucas Oil. haha

Enh maybe. I remember when the Colts had a chance to rest their starters playing the Titans in the last game of the season a few years ago and the Colts still rested their starters even though if they won they could have kept a division foe out of the playoffs. If the Texans feel like resting their starters if what they need to do and they are poistion to do it that's what they are going to do regardless of who they are playing. With that said the fact they have never won in LOS MIGHT cause them to side on playing but at the end of the day they are going to do what they think is in their best interest for the playoffs which is what they should do.

The Texans should win the South, be a top two seed in the AFC. The Colts should go under ,500 - no rookie QB has ever started from day one and led their team to a winning record for that season. But should is a crazy thing in sports.

True. I like should though hahaha.

Enh maybe. I remember when the Colts had a chance to rest their starters playing the Titans in the last game of the season a few years ago and the Colts still rested their starters even though if they won they could have kept a division foe out of the playoffs. If the Texans feel like resting their starters if what they need to do and they are poistion to do it that's what they are going to do regardless of who they are playing. With that said the fact they have never won in LOS MIGHT cause them to side on playing but at the end of the day they are going to do what they think is in their best interest for the playoffs which is what they should do.

Yep, very true. And knowing our conservative head coach, you may be right. I just remember 2009 so clearly...the Colts pulling their starters against the Jets and giving up the perfect season, while at the same time eliminating the Texans playoff hopes and letting the Jets walk into the postseason. I was honestly stunned when that happened, even more so when the Jets got to the AFC Championship. Teams should try learning from the past and not letting dark horses get into the playoffs...because when they do, they have the potential to cause damage. It's too early to say so right now, but I fear that the Colts may be those dark horses this year.

If the Texans do decide to play their starters the last game of the season maybe Mathis or Freeney can "Rosencopter" Matt Schaub a couple times and they'll think about taking him and their starters out.

Thank God Schaub doesn't run. haha

"Please... The Dolphins & the Texans are leaps and bounds apart in terms of high coaching caliber & player leadership. There is no caparison between these squads whatsoever. And the Packers still have o-line issues make no mistake about that either Coltswarriors, which is why we won that game IMHO. True, no one ever wins a game on paper, but Houston & Miami are not even in the same zip code NFL talent wise. Houston is a much tougher foe than the Dolphins could even dream about being. No disrespect intended sir."

I was referring to why we the Colts beat the Packers sir. :slaphead: :facepalm: A lackluster offensive line by GB. :sigh:

Keep telling yourself that the Colts can beat the Texans Sir. If that makes you feel better, it still won't happen though.

I will.

Just proves you're clueless when it comes to knowledge of the NFL.

Or he uses sense...I mean, it's not that hard to predict a Texans win over the Colts. I'm sure most of America would agree. The catch is, you can't predict upsets, no matter how many times they happen in a season, which is just once in this case.

Or he uses sense...I mean, it's not that hard to predict a Texans win over the Colts. I'm sure most of America would agree. The catch is, you can't predict upsets, no matter how many times they happen in a season, which is just once in this case.

One thing you can predict...a Texans meltdown in the 2nd half of the season. I mean if were going off stats and past occurrences. Just a thought.

One thing you can predict...a Texans meltdown in the 2nd half of the season. I mean if were going off stats and past occurrences. Just a thought.

Oh, sorry, the Texans purposefully got injured last year. I mean, we gave up our SB quest because the Colts were just so awesome. I'm more about the future...7-1 is a pretty good start. And we don't lose to mediocre teams, so our future is looking pretty bright this year...

Oh, sorry, the Texans purposefully got injured last year. I mean, we gave up our SB quest because the Colts were just so awesome. I'm more about the future...7-1 is a pretty good start. And we don't lose to mediocre teams, so our future is looking pretty bright this year...

If I only had a quarter for every time I heard a Texans fan talk about "the future." I just feel bad. =/. And you're right you don't lose to mediocre teams, you lose to teams who finish 2-12. =) Boom Roasted. All in good fun, I enjoy your opinions and outside views. I wish you good health this year and the best of Luck.

What?

He stated we have no chance against the Texans at home. How is that having any sense (especially with all the upsets that have happened this year)? That's having no sense.

And yes, you can predict upsets. It happens all the time.

This forum keeps on getting more and more ridiculous.

If I only had a quarter for every time I heard a Texans fan talk about "the future." I just feel bad. =/. And you're right you don't lose to mediocre teams, you lose to teams who finish 2-12. =) Boom Roasted. All in good fun, I enjoy your opinions and outside views. I wish you good health this year and the best of Luck.

Again, injuries tend to cause losses. If you watched the Texans last year, you know that we had more than our fair share lol. Speaking of Luck...I've heard more people here talk about the future than people in Houston, but whatever. It's all good. Always fun to have a little razzing between rival fans. :disco: haha

What?

He stated we have no chance against the Texans at home. How is that having any sense (especially with all the upsets that have happened this year)? That's having no sense.

And yes, you can predict upsets. It happens all the time.

This forum keeps on getting more and more ridiculous.

If we're strictly speaking about this team, you did not beat anyone, aside from the Packers, that many said you would lose to. Bears. Jets. You even lost to the Jaguars. Just because one upset occured does not mean that you should expect the same from another team that has a better running game and defense than the team that you upset. And no, you cannot predict upsets. That's why they're called upsets. Nobody expects them to happen. This forum is, at times, ridiculous indeed.