Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collins Looked Good

DILLIGAFER

Well Colts fans, our newest QB looked pretty damm good to me. For only being with the team two weeks, he looked calm in the pocket, thew some real bombers, and was ready to go. I think we have found our temporary back up. By far better than Painter, IMO. Now if we can get the Oline to protect better, the Colts are unstoppable! Kudos to what i like to call " the colts bowling balls" Evans and Carter". I really like what im seeing here!! Did everyone see Evans run over i think it was the LB? Put his shoulder down and took him 5 yards. That was what I love to see!!! :coltshelmet:

On another note, Pistol is showing some improvement, but his vet has me angry. I realize its frustrating for both of us, but i think its my right as his owner to know his status on a daily bases. I love that colt so much its like having your own child in the hospital. The vet is fed up with me wanting to know everyday how he is. But, when you love a critter that much, anyone would want to know. Keep the prayers coming his way.

Frankly I am glad we signed Collins but I hope he turns out to be the biggest waste of money we spent this year because that means 18 probably plays every game.

Couldn't agree more. But I won't be too upset if we get 1/16th of the value for him if he starts one game or even 1/8th if it's two games. That gives the O-Line more time to gel as a unit. And Peyton more time to heal.

As far as Collins, he still has the arm, no doubt about that. He also has the experience. I never realized that he had such a long windup. The way the line looked last night, he's going to have to get rid of that ball a half second sooner.

He can still zip it in there!

Well Colts fans, our newest QB looked pretty damm good to me. For only being with the team two weeks, he looked calm in the pocket, thew some real bombers, and was ready to go. I think we have found our temporary back up. By far better than Painter, IMO. Now if we can get the Oline to protect better, the Colts are unstoppable! Kudos to what i like to call " the colts bowling balls" Evans and Carter". I really like what im seeing here!! Did everyone see Evans run over i think it was the LB? Put his shoulder down and took him 5 yards. That was what I love to see!!! :coltshelmet:

On another note, Pistol is showing some improvement, but his vet has me angry. I realize its frustrating for both of us, but i think its my right as his owner to know his status on a daily bases. I love that colt so much its like having your own child in the hospital. The vet is fed up with me wanting to know everyday how he is. But, when you love a critter that much, anyone would want to know. Keep the prayers coming his way.

I've never been a Collins fan, dating from years of hearing the NY media fawn over a very average drunk (excuse me, exceptional drunk, average QB) because he led the Giants to the SB. He CAN be an effective passer, but he needs an above average amount of time in the pocket. The Colts can't provide that just yet - although I'm optimistic. So while I agree that his calmness is reassuring compared to Painter, Peyton had better be ready.

Pistol has been my pc backround this week. Hope he continues to improve. The vet sounds like a jerk. I've spent 10s of thousands on them unfortunately and even the one's I disliked considered it routine procedure to provide a daily update. The sicker the animal, the more frequent the updates. Unfortunately many skilled doctors are jerks. It helps to remember the "you catch more flies with honey" saying at times like this.

Glad that Pistol is showing improvement and I think as you paying the Vet Bill you have every right to get a daily update. He is your furbaby and I have one as well (not a horse but a schnauzer) and if she was going through this I would be just as concerned as you are.

Prayers still coming your way from one colts fan to another. ;) ;)

Couldn't agree more. But I won't be too upset if we get 1/16th of the value for him if he starts one game or even 1/8th if it's two games. That gives the O-Line more time to gel as a unit. And Peyton more time to heal.

As far as Collins, he still has the arm, no doubt about that. He also has the experience. I never realized that he had such a long windup. The way the line looked last night, he's going to have to get rid of that ball a half second sooner.

He can still zip it in there!

There's a lot of film on this guy too. Coaches teach their defense to go for the ball because it's going to be hanging out there. Still, I think his experience makes him a better backup than Painter.

I've never been a Collins fan, dating from years of hearing the NY media fawn over a very average drunk (excuse me, exceptional drunk, average QB) because he led the Giants to the SB. He CAN be an effective passer, but he needs an above average amount of time in the pocket. The Colts can't provide that just yet - although I'm optimistic. So while I agree that his calmness is reassuring compared to Painter, Peyton had better be ready.

Pistol has been my pc backround this week. Hope he continues to improve. The vet sounds like a jerk. I've spent 10s of thousands on them unfortunately and even the one's I disliked considered it routine procedure to provide a daily update. The sicker the animal, the more frequent the updates. Unfortunately many skilled doctors are jerks. It helps to remember the "you catch more flies with honey" saying at times like this.

I couldn't agree more. I had a gallbladder surgeon that was the best, but had terrible bed side manners. I get frustrated pretty easy on things of this nature, but luckly i think the vet realized that and was nice enough to call and let us know his status. I know they are doing all they can. Im just a concerned momma.. matter fact, im about as bad as this colts mother. She is a worry wart. Took him to a halter futurity, the colt went all of about 20 yards away and she liked to have had a come apart. Didn't help he was whinning at her like we were skinning him alive. lol, he did get second place though and won some good money. ;)

Pistol thanks you for all the prayers.