Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Past Two Weeks

Dtman513

The last two preseason games are usually somewhat of dress rehearsal for the regular season. I believe over the last two weeks a lot of positive things have occurred. However, there are some areas of concern....

These are what I've noticed....Feel free to add your own opinions!!

The Good:

-Joseph Addai looks great

-The running game may be able to vastly improve from last season

-Joe Lefedged possibly our KR/PR man and future secondary star

-Delone Carter can be our solid #2 back

-Our backup QB situation isn't as worrisome as it was a couple weeks ago. Painter and Orlovsky played well, Collins was solid for a recently un-retired QB

-Jerry Hughes has more then 2 tackles...Shows vertical growth and a sign of improvement...Still not totally sold, but I want to be proved wrong

-Caldwell can show emotion (Chip Vaughan incident)

-Vinateri is still a solid kicker

-Kevin Thomas could be a solid nickel cover man

-Reggie Wayne looks great

-Chris Brooks is our new tall WR and should not be cut

-D-Line could be nasty this year

Areas of Concern:

-Donald Brown still hasn't shown his reasons for being a 1st round pick...

-O-Line still need cohesion...I feel their still searching for the right group of guys

-Gonzo hasn't played and injuries still plague him...Will he be cut?

-Collie hasn't played...He played against the Rams but I would like to see how he's doing with a least a full game under his belt

-Secondary may be the weakest spot on defense

-Kavell Conner > Philip Wheeler...I feel Conner is more aggressive and covers better...He needs to start

-Will Manning play? I know all recent signs are pointing to "Yes." I put this here just due to the Collins signing and all the surrounding stories

Like I said, these are just my observations....Write, debate, whatever you feel like!

I really like joe lefeged and caldwell, i say we have pretty good depth for guys that can tackle. Ppl have to remember that bethea wasnt playing those last two preseason games i think when everyone gets back the defense is gonna be stout... i would rather caldwell or joe over bulllit they are much better at tackling.

The last two preseason games are usually somewhat of dress rehearsal for the regular season. I believe over the last two weeks a lot of positive things have occurred. However, there are some areas of concern....

These are what I've noticed....Feel free to add your own opinions!!

The Good:

-Joseph Addai looks great

-The running game may be able to vastly improve from last season

-Joe Lefedged possibly our KR/PR man and future secondary star

-Delone Carter can be our solid #2 back

-Our backup QB situation isn't as worrisome as it was a couple weeks ago. Painter and Orlovsky played well, Collins was solid for a recently un-retired QB

-Jerry Hughes has more then 2 tackles...Shows vertical growth and a sign of improvement...Still not totally sold, but I want to be proved wrong

-Caldwell can show emotion (Chip Vaughan incident)

-Vinateri is still a solid kicker

-Kevin Thomas could be a solid nickel cover man

-Reggie Wayne looks great

-Chris Brooks is our new tall WR and should not be cut

-D-Line could be nasty this year

Areas of Concern:

-Donald Brown still hasn't shown his reasons for being a 1st round pick...

-O-Line still need cohesion...I feel their still searching for the right group of guys

-Gonzo hasn't played and injuries still plague him...Will he be cut?

-Collie hasn't played...He played against the Rams but I would like to see how he's doing with a least a full game under his belt

-Secondary may be the weakest spot on defense

-Kavell Conner > Philip Wheeler...I feel Conner is more aggressive and covers better...He needs to start

-Will Manning play? I know all recent signs are pointing to "Yes." I put this here just due to the Collins signing and all the surrounding stories

Like I said, these are just my observations....Write, debate, whatever you feel like!

I don't think Gonzo will be cut. He is a very low risk-high reward player and he is in the final year of his contract. As for the O-line, I think this season they will be better than last, but next year is when they will really start to shine. That does depend on whether or not Saturday retires after this season, which many think he will