Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More impressed with our pass rush today or......

YOUR GM

More underwhelmed by the play of Jake Long?

I thought this guy was supposed to be the top left tackle in the league? I was expecting today to be one of the more difficult days for our guys to get pressure on the QB but Freeney and co were giving him the business all afternoon. Even Hickman (yes, Hickman) tossed him around like a rag-doll on one play, and had Long beat on another but was tackled -- not held -- TACKLED by Long (which the refs didn't call)

I don't know if Long has been playing like this all year but I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins let him walk in the off-season if he has. Maybe it was just a poor showing by him, but once again, I wasn't impressed with what I saw from him today, at all

More underwhelmed by the play of Jake Long?

I thought this guy was supposed to be the top left tackle in the league? I was expecting today to be one of the more difficult days for our guys to get pressure on the QB but Freeney and co were giving him the business all afternoon. Even Hickman (yes, Hickman) tossed him around like a rag-doll on one play, and had Long beat on another but was tackled -- not held -- TACKLED by Long (which the refs didn't call)

I don't know if Long has been playing like this all year but I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins let him walk in the off-season if he has. Maybe it was just a poor showing by him, but once again, I wasn't impressed with what I saw at all from him

I wasn't impressed with the Dolphins offensive line BEFORE we even played them. I saw more than one game with Tannehill getting hit square in his chops. I don't know what all the hype was about concerning their OL. Now their run defense, I will say that is a pretty good group. I'll give them that.

One player does not an OL make.

You're right, but the Dolphins are regarded as having one of the better lines in the NFL, all around. Long, Pouncey, Incognito and Perry are all regarded as good-to-elite linemen. A pleasant surprise to see how easily we pressured them today.

Props to Freeney for finally showing up this season!

I wasn't impressed with the Dolphins offensive line BEFORE we even played them. I saw more than one game with Tannehill getting hit square in his chops. I don't know what all the hype was about concerning their OL. Now their run defense, I will say that is a pretty good group. I'll give them that.

Yeah, I bring up Long, specifically, because a lot of fans have been clamoring for us to pursue him this off-season if he becomes available as a free agent. If today is any indication of how he's been playing all year, I don't know if he'd be worth what he'll demand on the market. But like I said, I haven't watched the Dolphins at all this season before today, so I have no clue if today was a norm or an aberration

Yeah, it may have been a combo of both. Free looked extra quick today and Long really didn't impress me either. All the D-Free haters have to take a step back today. Even without Mathis he was still making plays.

-d.

Today may have been the 1st time Freeney looked healthy since the 1st game.