Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When Does The Cutting Begin?

A.J. Colts

cuts could start now.

JMV is reporting Matthews will be one of the first cut and that Brown and Hughes are both very much on the bubble.

It's time for Brown to go. Hughes had a good showing last night, and has had little real game action. Brown, on the other hand, has shown what he brings to the table. I was very patient, especially since he shows flashes occasionally. But I am done with Donald Brown.

Brown possibly, but you guys are high with all this Hughes crap about getting cut. Aint happening :whatever:

You guys? I was just passing along news that was being reported by a local media guy in Indianapolis.

I have always said Hughes will make the final roster.

I will say this, what does concern me about Hughes is that the Colts tend to play guys who they are taking a long look at in the last pre-season game and Hughes played pretty much the whole game on every snap. So Hughes could very well be on the bubble based on that. If we cut him look for a 3-4 team to pick him up. I think that is what Hughes is made for in the NFL.

What might work in Hughes favor is that Chick did not play well last night and neither did Brayton and we need more than just three DEs in Freeney, Mathis, and Anderson.

cuts could start now.

JMV is reporting Matthews will be one of the first cut and that Brown and Hughes are both very much on the bubble.

I think the drafting of Carter signals that Brown is on his "last leg" in Indy, so to speak.

I would be surprised if Brown is let go this year, but if he doesn't show more this year then I'd say this is his last contract with the Colts.

My problem with brown is that he seems to need a large hole with a large road sign pointing where he should run. He gets the ball, and seems to be unsure where to run. Carter seems to MAKE his own hole. Did anyone notice Brown's run (not sure if against Packers or Bengals, I think vs Packers) when he made that spin move and kinda was tackled by a push? The camera panned to Peyton who seemed to have a sarcastic smile on his face. It might not have been directed toward Brown's run but it sure looked it. It has seemed obvious to me that Peyton isn't crazy about him. Can anyone say "dayum it Donald"? I will say at least his blocking has seemed to improve. I like the kid. He seems like a good guy but we need production from him (besides keeping the bench warm).

What would Brown cost us if he was left go?

I think the drafting of Carter signals that Brown is on his "last leg" in Indy, so to speak.

I would be surprised if Brown is let go this year, but if he doesn't show more this year then I'd say this is his last contract with the Colts.

My problem with brown is that he seems to need a large hole with a large road sign pointing where he should run. He gets the ball, and seems to be unsure where to run. Carter seems to MAKE his own hole. Did anyone notice Brown's run (not sure if against Packers or Bengals, I think vs Packers) when he made that spin move and kinda was tackled by a push? The camera panned to Peyton who seemed to have a sarcastic smile on his face. It might not have been directed toward Brown's run but it sure looked it. It has seemed obvious to me that Peyton isn't crazy about him. Can anyone say "dayum it Donald"? I will say at least his blocking has seemed to improve. I like the kid. He seems like a good guy but we need production from him (besides keeping the bench warm).

What would Brown cost us if he was left go?

Ya know, I was willing to give Brown a pass the last 2 yrs. since the O-line has been so terrible, but this preseason it seems every other RB has had preety good games even the rookies. Brown, on the other hand, hasn't done anything. He goes down if somebody farts close to him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they cut him and I also wouldn't be surprised if they give him 1 more yr. to prove himself.

cuts could start now.

I saw that on his twitter feed. Not surprised at all that Brown is on the bubble, but I figured Hughes would get another year. I still think Gonzo is on the bubble with how Smith, Brooks, and Gilreath played this preseason.

I can't believe people say this.

You don't become considered one of the best GMs (if not the best) in the league by being stubborn and holding onto guys that can't play.

Thats just crazy talk.

Then you came to the right place. But for even crazier talk, just go over to Stampedeblue. There's a guy over there that can't write one story without bashing the Polians. Seriously, if it's more than one sentence, he finds a way to blame it on BP. I wouldn't be surprised if he blamed the earthquake in Alaska on him today.

Then you came to the right place. But for even crazier talk, just go over to Stampedeblue. There's a guy over there that can't write one story without bashing the Polians. Seriously, if it's more than one sentence, he finds a way to blame it on BP. I wouldn't be surprised if he blamed the earthquake in Alaska on him today.

You are such a homer! I can't believe you don't think Polian caused those plates to move.