Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Austin Collie

PreManningColtsFan

Let's just say for a moment that Peyton starts against the Texans in week 1. Let's just say for a moment that AC is healthy and plays. I don't know how many of you have been to Reliant in Houston, but I can assure you that it's very loud. This will only compound the fact that Peyton doesn't have the snaps with a new line, particularly Costanzo at LT and a rookie at that, and loves to call audibles. I don't know folks. Too many questions marks here. Houston is going to be tough to beat on a normal preseason, let alone all the items mentioned above. So now the quesiton related to the topic, what is the deal with Austin Collie? Is he even practicing / running routes with the first team in skeleton drills or has he been sitting every practice out? This is concerning. However, considering Gonzo's status and the fact we haven't reached out for signing addit'l WR's, IE Moss, maybe there's nothing to be too concerned about with AC. I'll go out on a limb here and say that if he plays all year, he may have the biggest #'s on our team as I think he's become Peyton's favorite target.

IMO, he'll be back in practice Monday or Tuesday, whichever day we practice first. There was no reason to rush him back this last week and a half. The kid knows the playbook as well as any (they always talk about how much of a bookworm he is) and he and Peyton will find their rhythm. There was just no reason to rush him back this past week and a half and even potentially re-aggrivate his injury. Let him sit and be 110% ready when it matters.

IMO, he'll be back in practice Monday or Tuesday, whichever day we practice first. There was no reason to rush him back this last week and a half. The kid knows the playbook as well as any (they always talk about how much of a bookworm he is) and he and Peyton will find their rhythm. There was just no reason to rush him back this past week and a half and even potentially re-aggrivate his injury. Let him sit and be 110% ready when it matters.

Walkthrough tuesday, Install Wednesday baby. Peyton and Collie will be fine.

He will not be able to be head hunted with clark out there. With Dallas ging down it was a perfect stom for Collie to get hurt. Safetys and DBs don't like little white guys catching two or three TDs on them. With clark they can't focus on him as much. Clark and Collie are the best tandom in the NFL!!!!! Like any other football year the key will be staying healthyB-)

I worry that other teams knowing Collie's value to this team will be going for his head to put him out of action. Football is a cruel business and they will be head hunting.

I agree with this, the NFL isn't a friendly sport. I really hope no one intentionally head hunts him, but even if they don't, an accidental hit could still put him out since he catches over the middle a lot.

I agree with this, the NFL isn't a friendly sport. I really hope no one intentionally head hunts him, but even if they don't, an accidental hit could still put him out since he catches over the middle a lot.

Manning and Collie just have to be smart. Peyton can't put him in that position and Collie needs to be aware of a potential bad collision coming. IMO, I think that Collie is Peyton's favorite target which equates to him being our biggest threat. If Colie and Clarke make it through the year healthy, look out!