Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do You Think Peyton Will Play Week 1

Andy

Colts  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are they a Top 10 Team in the NFL

What "signs" would those be?

+1. Just today we've heard a member of the Colts Coaching staff say Peyton will start week 1 (Via Bob Holtzman, ESPN) + Kerry Collins post-game interview said Peyton will go Week 1, but he's 100% confident he will be ready if needed. I'm honestly suprised this hasn't blow up the Profootballtalk/Rotoworld. Two slips in one day?

What "signs" would those be?

Seriously?

You need to come out of that cave you've obviously been hiding in.

Btw, I thought the originator of this post was asking for OPINIONS.

If you can see the future, why are you living in that van down by the river. haha

I said I hope that I'm wrong. trust me, NO ONE on the face of the earth is a BIGGER Colts fan than me. I'm just giving my opinion.

I also thought we wouldn't see marvin that year he didn't play the rest of the year even tho we heard "next week he'll be back" for what seemed like 16 games.

Also, why on earth would the Colts show their hand to the Texans (like Foster showed us)about Manning's status? Make them prepare for Manning, Collins, Painter, AND Orlovsky (who looked better than any of our backups tonight).

Seriously?

You need to come out of that cave you've obviously been hiding in.

Btw, I thought the originator of this post was asking for OPINIONS.

If you can see the future, why are you living in that van down by the river. haha

I said I hope that I'm wrong. trust me, NO ONE on the face of the earth is a BIGGER Colts fan than me. I'm just giving my opinion.

I also thought we wouldn't see marvin that year he didn't play the rest of the year even tho we heard "next week he'll be back" for what seemed like 16 games.

Also, why on earth would the Colts show their hand to the Texans (like Foster showed us)about Manning's status? Make them prepare for Manning, Collins, Painter, AND Orlovsky (who looked better than any of our backups tonight).

1. Uhhh I think it is you who has been hiding in a cave.. Everything i have saw and read points to him playing in week 1.

2. Im not the user "ChrisFarley" so the van down by the river line doesnt really apply.

3. You are the one who said there were "signs" which would lead one to believe you were not offering an opinion, but had some sort of insight to make you think the way you do..

He will play, end of discussion. I have thought, from the moment we signed Kerry Collins, it was to be a real backup to Peyton. The timing after the 2nd Pre-Season game cemented that for me. In my opinion, Orlovsky beat Painter last night, but seeing how they rested Painter for the evening it is clear that Billy P. isn't ready to admit failure on our "Jeff Spicoli" wanna-be QB.

1. Manning

2. Collins

3. (or Practice Squad) Painter

We signed Collins to be a good practice QB. Peyton will play week one. After that he will be limited practice the rest of the week. So we will need a quality NFL QB to keep the players getting better. Got tgo practice well to play well. Peyton is a student of the game who will be able to limit his practice work and still come in and play well. Look for him to resume full practices around game 3 or 4

It looks like I'm the ONLY one who thinks he won't play.

I have no problem being wrong, my ego can handle it. Tho I'd be surprised if he's ready.( whether or not he plays)

I'm torn about this topic.

This isn't a knee injury. its his neck. If he plays, he WILL get hit....ALOT.

Even if he plays, I think the odds of winning this game are more in favor of the Texans.

This is their Super Bowl. next to playoffs, this is the most important game to them. They've had all offseason to prepare (like last year)

I'm not sure it isn't a good idea to let Collins and/or Painter play and give Peyton an extra week to get healthy and prepared.

We have no idea what shape Peyton is in. Maybe he's in better shape than we think (I SURE hope so)

I just can't see risking the rest of the season, let alone his long-term health for 1 game which he will most certainly be rusty for.

Lets face it, he hasn't been practicing, the O-Line is inconsistent, and the Texans Defense is VERY active and will be gunning for his head.(no pun intended)

We shall soon see.

Do you have a link to this interview? Haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Saw it again this morning in the highlights on SportsCenter from the game, direct quote was, "I'd be VERY suprised if Peyton isn't the starter Week 1". There was a lot of emphasis there and he gave a big smile. Collins just seems happy to be here. I can dig it =)

Saw it again this morning in the highlights on SportsCenter from the game, direct quote was, "I'd be VERY suprised if Peyton isn't the starter Week 1". There was a lot of emphasis there and he gave a big smile. Collins just seems happy to be here. I can dig it =)

Maybe Peton flew Archie and Cooper in to catch balls.

Seriously tho, maybe Peyton has been "practicing" on the side to get ready.

It will be interesting to see if he practices at all with the team this week. That should say alot.

Maybe Peton flew Archie and Cooper in to catch balls.

Seriously tho, maybe Peyton has been "practicing" on the side to get ready.

It will be interesting to see if he practices at all with the team this week. That should say alot.

In your defense Wool, Schefter said he believes Collins is going to start Week 1. Granted he knows no more than we do, someone else is in your boat!

I have no problem being wrong, my ego can handle it. Tho I'd be surprised if he's ready.( whether or not he plays)

Even if he plays, I think the odds of winning this game are more in favor of the Texans.

This is their Super Bowl. next to playoffs, this is the most important game to them. They've had all offseason to prepare (like last year)

I'm not sure it isn't a good idea to let Collins and/or Painter play and give Peyton an extra week to get healthy and prepared.

We have no idea what shape Peyton is in. Maybe he's in better shape than we think (I SURE hope so)

I just can't see risking the rest of the season, let alone his long-term health for 1 game which he will most certainly be rusty for.

Lets face it, he hasn't been practicing, the O-Line is inconsistent, and the Texans Defense is VERY active and will be gunning for his head.(no pun intended)

We shall soon see.

The neck is healed, it's getting the feeling back in the arm now, that's it. With all the nerve endings regenerating and all, only Peyton will know if he's ready to go. Besides, Peyton is smart, when he feels the big hit coming, he'll go down. He isn't as young as he used to be, he knows he can't afford to get hit like that anymore lol

We shall soon see.

The Texans defense will be a mess for a few weeks, I promise you. It's brand new, but no quality personnel were obtained to help bring the guys along into a 3-4.

They haven't had all off-season to prepare. They've had a few weeks, just like everyone else. Lockout, remember?

If Peyton isn't ready now, a few extra days won't make or break that difference.

Manning won't be rusty. For one, he's the hardest worker/studier in the NFL. He also spent hundreds of hours between March and May prepping with his team in lieu of the pending lockout. Now he's practicing again. He's a 13 year veteran who just so happens to be one of the greatest of all-time. He won't be any more rusty than anyone else out there.

Let's face it, he has been practicing. Limited though it may be, it's still practice. Any practice from Manning will produce better results than Painter, Orlovsky, or even Collins. Plus, he got off to a head-start before the lockout.

The Texans defense will be a mess for a few weeks, I promise you. It's brand new, but no quality personnel were obtained to help bring the guys along into a 3-4.

They haven't had all off-season to prepare. They've had a few weeks, just like everyone else. Lockout, remember?

If Peyton isn't ready now, a few extra days won't make or break that difference.

Manning won't be rusty. For one, he's the hardest worker/studier in the NFL. He also spent hundreds of hours between March and May prepping with his team in lieu of the pending lockout. Now he's practicing again. He's a 13 year veteran who just so happens to be one of the greatest of all-time. He won't be any more rusty than anyone else out there.

Let's face it, he has been practicing. Limited though it may be, it's still practice. Any practice from Manning will produce better results than Painter, Orlovsky, or even Collins. Plus, he got off to a head-start before the lockout.

I hope you are right, but I don't fully agree.

I'm sure they have been practicing during the lock-out.(player organized)

Schaub is no slouch, the RBs: Foster, Tate,Slaton are good, OL is good (and more in-sync than ours), and the WRs and TEs are BIG.(similar to SD)

They have good, active LBs like Cushing, demeco Ryans, and Mario Williams. Rookie JJ Watt has shown he has a motor and can get to the QB.

Plus, they added Joseph and daniel manning to the secondary.(prob specifically for Peyton)

Their defense may be a mess, but arguably so is ours.

Peyton will probably be rusty (just like the year he missed camp and preseason due to knee). He hasn't practiced as much as their guys. I don't care if he's been "practicing" on the side and before lockout (which was a LONG time ago), NOTHING replaces game speed. The Texans WILL be more ready than us.

Collie, Gonzo, and Garcon haven't had much practice either. Timing may be a problem.

Our O-line is still trying to find the right combination and aren't very familiar with each other yet.

I'd be VERY surprised if we win this one, with or without Manning.

Fortunately, there are 16 games in a season.

I am a VERY optimistic guy, I just don't see it the way you do.

BUT I HOPE you are right and I am wrong. If not, its not the end of the world or season, imo.

I hope you are right, but I don't fully agree.

I'm sure they have been practicing during the lock-out.(player organized)

Schaub is no slouch, the RBs: Foster, Tate,Slaton are good, OL is good (and more in-sync than ours), and the WRs and TEs are BIG.(similar to SD)

They have good, active LBs like Cushing, demeco Ryans, and Mario Williams. Rookie JJ Watt has shown he has a motor and can get to the QB.

Plus, they added Joseph and daniel manning to the secondary.(prob specifically for Peyton)

Their defense may be a mess, but arguably so is ours.

Peyton will probably be rusty (just like the year he missed camp and preseason due to knee). He hasn't practiced as much as their guys. I don't care if he's been "practicing" on the side and before lockout (which was a LONG time ago), NOTHING replaces game speed. The Texans WILL be more ready than us.

Collie, Gonzo, and Garcon haven't had much practice either. Timing may be a problem.

Our O-line is still trying to find the right combination and aren't very familiar with each other yet.

I'd be VERY surprised if we win this one, with or without Manning.

Fortunately, there are 16 games in a season.

I am a VERY optimistic guy, I just don't see it the way you do.

BUT I HOPE you are right and I am wrong. If not, its not the end of the world or season, imo.

FWIW I agree with your entire post, but I hope we're wrong.