Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Evans

Malakai432

Looking great this game, probably should be our leading pre season rusher if he isn't already. Problem is how will we fit him in the mix with Brown taking an undeserved roster spot??? Addai, Carter, Evans/James (duking it out for the third) are my preferences. More horrible play by Brown tonight as usual as other RBs can create for themselves.

+1 on Evans scoring the well earned TD.

I'm going to try to make this my last slam on Brown, because this is beating

a dead horse so I'm going to make it a good one.

Brown just flat out sux and runs the ball like a ((mod edit - don't use emoticons to get around the curse filter)). I can't

believe they will save a spot on the roster for this guy. HE'S TO SOFT!!!!!! :rantoff:

Let's not bring up his name anymore, he isn't worth mentioning.

I am a jarvis james fan, but really i think the depth chart should be.

1. Addai

2. Carter

3. Evans

4. Spann

Goodbye Brown!

Should be, but probably won't. I'm guessing Joe, Donald, Carter and James because of how he looks on STs. Evans to the PS, but he may be claimed before that.

I'd rather keep Orvlosky as a running back than Brown...okay that's not true but you get my point.

I will be absolutely shocked in Brown is cut. He knows the system and will be retained for his blocking ability. That, and of course the obvious, which is Polian's forcing a square peg into a round hole and trying to make him a good player when he simply isn't. If any first round draft pick has a chance of getting cut, I'd say it' Hughes. He's terrible. He plays like he couldn't give a pooh about making the team.

Atleast they need to keep Evans on the PS, keep him for next year if Brown doesn't perform. JJ will be replaced by Carter IMO this year as a short yardage & goal line back. I really like this Evans kid. He has speed & strength even though he has been playing against non starters for the most part, he has performed very well. I'm worried about giving this potential gem up to another team. Perhaps next year we can have an Addai, Carter, Evans rotation. Spann I do like but it seems we have to much of an influx of RBs.

Brown just flat out sux and runs the ball like a ((mod edit - don't use emoticons to get around the curse filter)). I can't

believe they will save a spot on the roster for this guy. HE'S TO SOFT!!!!!! :rantoff:

In all hiliariousness... My mom yells that emote about him everytime he runs the ball. She gets so angry only with him :sun:

I will be absolutely shocked in Brown is cut. He knows the system and will be retained for his blocking ability. That, and of course the obvious, which is Polian's forcing a square peg into a round hole and trying to make him a good player when he simply isn't. If any first round draft pick has a chance of getting cut, I'd say it' Hughes. He's terrible. He plays like he couldn't give a pooh about making the team.

I'd be shocked if he got cut too but a guy can dream.

They aren't going to cut a first round pick after one year and Hughes has made progress and was around the ball all night tonight till the end when he was out of gas from being out there all night.

Blocking ability, since when can Donald Brown pass protect? :error: Thats been one of his biggest knocks. Hughes will not get cut either. Its his second year, what 1st round pick gets cut after his second year? Granted he didnt play well last year. Lets give him a chance to improve and see what he can do.

Looking great this game, probably should be our leading pre season rusher if he isn't already. Problem is how will we fit him in the mix with Brown taking an undeserved roster spot??? Addai, Carter, Evans/James (duking it out for the third) are my preferences. More horrible play by Brown tonight as usual as other RBs can create for themselves.

+1 on Evans scoring the well earned TD.

Horrible play? the Oline wasnt even opening holes most of the time they got man handled... Evens should make the roster over james but he averaged 1.9 yds over 10 carries.... yea the Oline was awesome in the run werent they.

Blocking ability, since when can Donald Brown pass protect? :error: Thats been one of his biggest knocks. Hughes will not get cut either. Its his second year, what 1st round pick gets cut after his second year? Granted he didnt play well last year. Lets give him a chance to improve and see what he can do.

Wasnt maybin cut after his second year? But brown has improved tremendously in his blocking skills and knowing who to block, he gave collins extra time to get rid of the ball... Brown is not gonna be cut under no circumstances, addai can go down with an injury anytime and isnt durable.

OOPS! I guess I shouldn't post right after watching Brown's pathetic ball carrying skills.

:corner:

Darren Evans has EARNED his spot. Whether Polian awards it to him or Brown is yet to be seen. The sad part is, if we drafted him in the 7th instead of signing him as a UFA, he would be a lock. SMH. PLEASE keep Darren!!

I feel sorry for these guys that have run their tail off, only to lose their roster

spot to a guy who runs with no heart and knows his job is secure, because he is a #1

draft pick.

I'm willing to give Hughes one more year, but this is Brown's 3rd year at the easiest

position to learn. He's had his chance.

Hey guys, I've been a Colts fan since the Bert Jones, Lydell Mitchell, Roger Carr, days, and a Darren Evans fan since he committed to the Hokies. Really hope he makes the roster. Have gotten to know his dad over the past few years, and they are great people. I have a question on Brown. Someone said the Colts should keep Brown for his blocking ability, and I've previously seen comments that he was a horrible blocker. Curious as to what you think about his skill as a pass blocker. Any back that comes out of VT is going to be an excellent pass blocker, and Evans is no exception. With Manning's situation, I was hoping Evan's pass blocking ability might give him a little more edge to make the roster. Thanks.

Hey guys, I've been a Colts fan since the Bert Jones, Lydell Mitchell, Roger Carr, days, and a Darren Evans fan since he committed to the Hokies. Really hope he makes the roster. Have gotten to know his dad over the past few years, and they are great people. I have a question on Brown. Someone said the Colts should keep Brown for his blocking ability, and I've previously seen comments that he was a horrible blocker. Curious as to what you think about his skill as a pass blocker. Any back that comes out of VT is going to be an excellent pass blocker, and Evans is no exception. With Manning's situation, I was hoping Evan's pass blocking ability might give him a little more edge to make the roster. Thanks.

Brown can't pass block to save his life. Not sure who said anything good about his pass blocking skills but obviously they haven't ever watched him. It really wouldn't surprise me if they cut Brown. I don't expect it, but still wouldn't surprise me.

I feel sorry for these guys that have run their tail off, only to lose their roster

spot to a guy who runs with no heart and knows his job is secure, because he is a #1

draft pick.

I'm willing to give Hughes one more year, but this is Brown's 3rd year at the easiest

position to learn. He's had his chance.

Maybe you should go over there and teach brown how to hit the hole, since he obvioulsy doesnt know how to. Probably it was just me seeing jeff being pushed into the backfield like he's some kind of hitting dummy in practice.. Brown is GOING into his third season, as his stats show his ypc went up from his rookie year... this talk about cutting brown is madness. i guess this is no difference than when ppl were calling for addais head earlier in his career.

Wasnt maybin cut after his second year? But brown has improved tremendously in his blocking skills and knowing who to block, he gave collins extra time to get rid of the ball... Brown is not gonna be cut under no circumstances, addai can go down with an injury anytime and isnt durable.

You are indeed correct, Maybin was cut after year 2. He's probably the exception. Secondly just because Brown blocks well on one play in the pre-season doesnt mean he has improved a great deal. I know personally you are very high on Donald Brown, and I will not knock your opinion but until he shows these skills Etc. that you have spoken of in the past in the regular season I will not be sold on him as a good running back.

You are indeed correct, Maybin was cut after year 2. He's probably the exception. Secondly just because Brown blocks well on one play in the pre-season doesnt mean he has improved a great deal. I know personally you are very high on Donald Brown, and I will not knock your opinion but until he shows these skills Etc. that you have spoken of in the past in the regular season I will not be sold on him as a good running back.

brown has been blocking well all preseason, not just in this game combine that with is above average receiving skills and his runs there is no way the colts cut him, they know what he can do. Granted the colts do have a much better pair of running backs than they have had in years, but fans should wait until they get to see them play against starters and see what they do, dont want them fumbling the ball like some tiki barber in his early years. just like that play with carter, he needs to be more careful.

brown has been blocking well all preseason, not just in this game combine that with is above average receiving skills and his runs there is no way the colts cut him, they know what he can do. Granted the colts do have a much better pair of running backs than they have had in years, but fans should wait until they get to see them play against starters and see what they do, dont want them fumbling the ball like some tiki barber in his early years. just like that play with carter, he needs to be more careful.

I dont understand why people think Brown will be cut. I highly doubt it.

I am done with Brown. Really. I watched his last season and I watched his this and to quote Shania Twain "that don't impress me much". I liked what Span showed much better.

Please tell me you are chick. The thought of a guy on a football message board quoting Shania Twain lyrics is sort of unsettling ;)

Well the lack of a running game has to be put on someone

Every RB on the Colt's squad gets stalled at the line of scrimmage from time to time. Brown

will take the handoff and will immediately run up to the line and start dry hunching his

blockers.

Every time he gets the ball, he does this. There is no fight in this dog.

Evans showed a lot of hard running last night and deserves the 4th spot on the team. Javarris James has been un-impressive and Evans shows more quickiness imo.

For what it's worth the radio post game guys loved what they saw in Evans. They were calling him this year's Blair White but remember White started the season out on the PS last year too.