Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Andy Reid Benches Michael Vick

Dustin

I don't think it's the o-line's fault. They are bad, but they don't tell Vick to force that ball in triple coverage and throw 3 or 4 INTs in a few games, and also his fumble problems.

He deserves blame himself for all that stupid running around he does.

Michael does appear to have a fumble issue right now and he seems to be having an identity crisis about if he's a pocket passer or a running scrambler. Vick also holds onto the ball too long too in my view. That whole Eagle franchise is a dysfunctional mess. Yikes! Good luck Andy and Michael Vick. You're gonna need some divine intervention I think to come away with a W against Drew Brees. It won't end well for Reid or Vick IMO.

Everyone, is certainly free to express their extreme dislike for an NFL team or 2 naturally shakedownstreet. Heck, I deplore and detest the Dallas Cowboys with every fiber of my body. But, I'm over the 2009 SB now. New Orleans, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina needed that SB victory for the ravaged city and her citizens more than Indianapolis ever did IMO. Can't people show support and sympathy for other NFL teams besides Indianapolis? Really? Sad very sad if you ask me. Just my :2c: on the subject matter anyway.

Yes, we live in a democracy and everyone is free to express their opinion as they see fit shakedownstreet. But, I am also free to communicate my own regrets over such a shortsighted perspective in my view. Nothing personal shakedownstreet. Have a nice day sir. :)

i will make no apologies for my complete bias. i am wearing blue tinted, horseshoe shaped frame glasses. i am still po'd about that super bowl

i will make no apologies for my complete bias. i am wearing blue tinted, horseshoe shaped frame glasses. i am still po'd about that super bowl

That's perfectly fine shakedownstreet. Always be true to your core beliefs and don't change them on my account. I still wish that we had recovered that onside kick in the 2nd half of that SB in Miami, but the Saints made more plays than we did and they won that game fair and square. But, I fully grasp your disappointment about the final outcome though believe me shakedownstreet. That's just how the ball bounces I'm afraid. No one can rewrite SB history just ask Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills of the early 1990's.

Michael does appear to have a fumble issue right now and he seems to be having an identity crisis about if he's a pocket passer or a running scrambler. Vick also holds onto the ball too long too in my view. That whole Eagle franchise is a dysfunctional mess. Yikes! Good luck Andy and Michael Vick. You're gonna need some divine intervention I think to come away with a W against Drew Brees. It won't end well for Reid or Vick IMO.

I'm just disappointed how the Saints played against Denver. it felt to me they just threw the towel in at halftime. There was no heart, no fire, nothing in them when the score was 17-7. They didn't even call a time out in the second half. That's what worries me. I can already see them going into this Eagles match and thinking "OK Let's Dan Marino it as usual" cause that's exactly what they do. They are only happy if Brees is throwing 40-50 passes a game. We'll do that same Marino offense even though Sproles and Thomas can chop up a lot of yards against the Eagles bad defense, they don't even bother. Pierre Thomas has been awesome the few times they try him, but then again they should know to run it with him. In the last 3 years, he's only fumbled once, and he's a great back.

Saints defense vs Vick is a nightmare....Just look at our back field, they don't have a clue what they are doing. Robinson, Harper, and Jenkins get burned so bad, it's not even funny. They can't tackle either, then get up and look like they are just lost as usual. We couldn't stop RGIII and that very predictable play calling they ran against us in the shot gun, and the run plays, I just don't feel good about this game.

Andy Ried is not a good coach to me anymore. The Eagles ran it all over the Browns and he had Vick throw it 50 times despite 4 INTs. They'll be doing that against us, but I know the Saints defense is just a joke. We can't get pressure, and we sure can't tackle.

"The season is over. Andy Reid’s tenure as the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles is (at most) 9 games from being over." I completely concur with Stephane Hardanger's statement.

Andy Reid is a fine NFL coach whose tenure in Philadelphia is cracked like the Liberty Bell. Reid will easily find another HC gig IMO. His message had just fallen on deaf ears. 14 years is a nice run Andy. Veteran players in the locker room already know all your motivational stump speeches and they simply block or tune you out after awhile. Heck, they can probably recite them word for word better than Reid can.

Change is the only constant facet in this world and Andy will get to relocate to a new city with a new zip code next year. Good Luck Andy. A fresh start is usually a good thing even if we seldom see it that way at the time the change actually transpires.

Well here's to Andy Reid!!!!

vick's entire career has been mediocre, so not surprising

He never lived up top the hype he had coming out of college, but C'MON MAN,

- Most prolific rushing by a QB of all time

- 4 time pro bowl

- 2010 comeback player of the year

- Numerous record performances and OPOTweek/month honors

If you look at Vick from just a passing perspective, yeah he's only been mediocre. But you can't ignore his rushing when it's adding 500+ yards (and god knows how many first downs) a season. The Eagles are one of the best managed teams in football, and if they're still willing to Franchise Vick and make him a starter after 10 seasons in the league he must be more than average.

He never lived up top the hype he had coming out of college, but C'MON MAN,

- Most prolific rushing by a QB of all time

- 4 time pro bowl

- 2010 comeback player of the year

- Numerous record performances and OPOTweek/month honors

If you look at Vick from just a passing perspective, yeah he's only been mediocre. But you can't ignore his rushing when it's adding 500+ yards (and god knows how many first downs) a season. The Eagles are one of the best managed teams in football, and if they're still willing to Franchise Vick and make him a starter after 10 seasons in the league he must be more than average.

those are sound arguments......