Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Andy Reid Benches Michael Vick

Dustin

Precisely.

The same can be said of reid. Doesn't matter what he does at QB, he's andy reid. He's his own glass ceiling...

Wow... I can think of 25 teams in the NFL that would "KiLL" for AR's glass ceiling..

His team has not looked good lately, but factor in his personal life has been a really difficult train ride the last few years,. I think Andy would benefit from a year or two off. Very much so.

Andy Reid had players play really hard for him for a long time.... I don't think great coaches lose that ability, they may just lose the will. Anyone who has ever lost a close family member will know..... it takes something out of you. And every one reacts differently.

It's a grind... Time for AR to take a rest , I think.

"The season is over. Andy Reid’s tenure as the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles is (at most) 9 games from being over." I completely concur with Stephane Hardanger's statement.

Andy Reid is a fine NFL coach whose tenure in Philadelphia is cracked like the Liberty Bell. Reid will easily find another HC gig IMO. His message had just fallen on deaf ears. 14 years is a nice run Andy. Veteran players in the locker room already know all your motivational stump speeches and they simply block or tune you out after awhile. Heck, they can probably recite them word for word better than Reid can.

Change is the only constant facet in this world and Andy will get to relocate to a new city with a new zip code next year. Good Luck Andy. A fresh start is usually a good thing even if we seldom see it that way at the time the change actually transpires.

"The season is over. Andy Reid’s tenure as the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles is (at most) 9 games from being over." I completely concur with Stephane Hardanger's statement.

Andy Reid is a fine NFL coach whose tenure in Philadelphia is cracked like the Liberty Bell. Reid will easily find another HC gig IMO. His message had just fallen on deaf ears. 14 years is a nice run Andy. Veteran players in the locker room already know all your motivational stump speeches and they simply block or tune you out after awhile. Heck, they can probably recite them word for word better than Reid can.

Change is the only constant facet in this world and Andy will get to relocate to a new city with a new zip code next year. Good Luck Andy. A fresh start is usually a good thing even if we seldom see it that way at the time the change actually transpires.

So we brush off 5 NFCCG's and a SB appearance so ...... nonchalant.

AR's resume dwarfs 95% of teh coaches "employed" today.

I don't know, he hitched his wagon to a .... punk and is now paying... He will be back in a big way.

So we brush off 5 NFCCG's and a SB appearance so ...... nonchalant.

AR's resume dwarfs 95% of teh coaches "employed" today.

I don't know, he hitched his wagon to a .... punk and is now paying... He will be back in a big way.

I'm not doubting Andy's Reid intellect or football I.Q. John. The Eagles franchise and fan base hasn't won a Championship since 1960. That is along time to go without winning a Championship. Owner Jeffrey Lurie needs to fire Andy Reid once the season is officially over and put in a call to AZ Cardinals Assistant HC and OL Coach Russ Grimm IMO. Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons firing IMO. It's time to shake things up in Philadelphia. Goodbye Andy. Thank you for your dedication to this team, but goodbye.

"Goodnight And Good Luck" Mr. Reid. [Edward R. Murrow quote.]

61f1ZRfqb4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think besides his obvious not outstanding performance, Vick became the next scapegoat for all other shortcomings of Eagles.

Vick is a big part of the shortcomings of the Eagles. One, he makes it hard for his O-line to block him. He has actually taken a step backwards where he is thinking the throw instead of releasing it in anticipation. The year he came back and lit it up, he was just going with the flow and making throws, he seems to have regressed, IMO, and has not made the counter adjustments once other teams made the adjustments.

I was talking with a Philly writer on a sports radio show and he told me then that the Eagles do not run as many shotgun plays like the Saints do to reduce the impact of Brees' height, which is identical to that of Vick's. Reid needs to look at what Sean Payton is doing. Plus, the pocket provided by Brees' guards is better and the height of his WRs and TE also help out Brees, IMO.

If dude cannot produce this week.... then...

Yep this should be it. But, at the same time the Saints can show up big at times at home at night games. But, this is not the Payton led Saints either.

Both Eagles/Saints are pretty lost right now. This is the "lost" bowl.

Look, I have nothing against QB Michael Vick personally, but he is turning the ball over way too much and Andy Reid needs to run the ball more or throw more bubble screens to protect Vick. If he gives a substandard QB performance against the Saints, I insert backup QB Trent Edwards immediately the following week.

Yep this should be it. But, at the same time the Saints can show up big at times at home at night games. But, this is not the Payton led Saints either.

Both Eagles/Saints are pretty lost right now. This is the "lost" bowl.

Ahhh yes, the famous toilet bowl. The winner gets:

Fantasy-Sports-Loser-Toilet-Seat.jpg

Even though this isn't true, Vick is not the problem. Vick is right, you can't put any QB behind that trash line and you would be benching them also. Granted Vick holds the ball sometimes, but 90% of the time it's the line that doesn't give him time to throw.

Vicks O-Line makes ours look like a bunch of Pro Bowlers!

As much money as Vick makes, I doubt he will be benched.

They need him anyway since my team is the one that has no clue whatsoever how to stop a running QB or cover WR's. Watch them run up 500 yards against the Saints as usual :bounce:

I appreciate your honesty Bogie. It's never easy to admit when your favorite team is misfiring and not in complete sync for a full NFL calendar year. Stay strong Bogie! This too shall pass, evaporate, and disappear my friend. :thmup:

Brighter days are ahead for you in Bayou buddy...

saints-09-sb44-champs-drew-1024x768.jpg

facebook-dislike-button.png

Everyone, is certainly free to express their extreme dislike for an NFL team or 2 naturally shakedownstreet. Heck, I deplore and detest the Dallas Cowboys with every fiber of my body. But, I'm over the 2009 SB now. New Orleans, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina needed that SB victory for the ravaged city and her citizens more than Indianapolis ever did IMO. Can't people show support and sympathy for other NFL teams besides Indianapolis? Really? Sad very sad if you ask me. Just my :2c: on the subject matter anyway.

Yes, we live in a democracy and everyone is free to express their opinion as they see fit shakedownstreet. But, I am also free to communicate my own regrets over such a shortsighted perspective in my view. Nothing personal shakedownstreet. Have a nice day sir. :)