Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did anybody else see this?

lollygagger8

I do remember it. It was on their final drive. I thought what the heck he is gloating already. Looking at the replay it looked like the ball was deflected and his receiver caught it. I think that caused this reaction.

they did look so casual on that final drive like they all expected to move the ball down and kick the winning fg. sorry not this week.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with Hasselbeck's "we want the ball and we're gonna score" comment. I appreciate that confidence.

But that should have taught him very definitively that you never have the game in the bag. The picture posted in this thread suggests that he didn't learn his lesson.

"We want the ball and we're gunna score"

If anyone should know better...

As an experienced QB field general Matthew, you of all people should know about "pacing" yourself for the "entire" game. You have gotten to the "BIG Dance" but alas you never were able to dance with the pretty Championship beauty queen just a serenade from the infamous "fat lady." Sorry Matthew...

In 2005, Hasselbeck led Seattle to Super Bowl XL, where they lost to Pittsburgh in a game remembered for its poor officiating. The NFL Network called it one of the 10 most controversial games in NFL History. Head referee Bill Leavy later apologized to Hasselbeck at a Seahawks offseason practice in 2010, publicly saying he would "go to his grave for kicking several calls in the fourth quarter that affected the outcome of the game." Hasselbeck had two touchdown drives called back on penalties, which Leavy acknowledged were errors.

Mike Holmgren and his coaching staff actually won that game and everyone at Fords Field in Detroit, MI knew it too IMO.

Matt is a good QB, but seeing that picture, I am glad we beat him.

I hate guys that gloat, because karma will always find a way to get you.

Yes, the last time I checked Matthew there were 4 quarters in football not just 2.

P.S. Tark The Shark, I love your quote BTW. "“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- [Peyton Manning]

I wish Jerry Jones and Tony Romo would learn that crucial fact. haha

To be honest, I don't have a problem with Hasselbeck's "we want the ball and we're gonna score" comment. I appreciate that confidence.

But that should have taught him very definitively that you never have the game in the bag. The picture posted in this thread suggests that he didn't learn his lesson.

Yes, I must admit Superman that I would rather see overzealous confidence in my starting QB as opposed to apathy and indifference in relationship to an NFL team's desire to win every game.

I may tease Matthew over it, but at the end of the day, I wanna see a little swagger and calmness in my field general. Just don't put "the cart before the horse." That's all I ask. Thank you.

Yes, the last time I checked Matthew there were 4 quarters in football not just 2.

P.S. Tark The Shark, I love your quote BTW. "“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- [Peyton Manning]

I wish Jerry Jones and Tony Romo would learn that crucial fact. haha

Thank you, if anybody knows about pressure and how to handle it, it is Peyton.

But it seems like Luck must have gone to the Peyton school of comebacks because he knows how to will the team to victory.

Once Jerry stops making the decisions for the Cowboys, that is when they start winning playoff games again.

Thank you, if anybody knows about pressure and how to handle it, it is Peyton.

But it seems like Luck must have gone to the Peyton school of comebacks because he knows how to will the team to victory.

Once Jerry stops making the decisions for the Cowboys, that is when they start winning playoff games again.

You forgot about part 2 to the Cowboys success...they have to trade Romo. Once he is gone, all will be fine and dandy for the Girls I mean 'Boys lol.

You forgot about part 2 to the Cowboys success...they have to trade Romo. Once he is gone, all will be fine and dandy for the Girls I mean 'Boys lol.

No QuizBoy my friend, you had it right the 1st time...It's definitely GIRLS. :funny::lol::spit: I think every female in America was just insulted by being compared to the Cowboys too. lmao Sorry ladies.

^THIS^

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Chokmo is so good!.....?

Thank you Lollygager. Can we put that question up on the Jumbo flat screens in NY city's Time Square & inside the "Jerry Jones billion dollar Dallas Playpen" & ask the fans and league that question too because I just don't get why NFL pundits love Tony "oh no!" interception prone Romo & they believe that he is an NFL QB messiah or something. Pleeze child get a grip on reality already. :facepalm:

Exactly, thank you for correcting me. The problem is the are a middle of the road team, not good enough for a playoff berth, but not bad enough to get a high draft pick.

I never liked the Cowboys because of the arrogance the organization, and its fans emit.

While Al Davis was still alive, the Oakland Raiders suffered from the same fatal flaw: Ownership that failed to trust their coaching staff and stay the bleep out of the way. Simple, accurate, and truthful I'm afraid.

@Southwest: I thought you might have.....I was predicting a video..... :funny:

You know well Brent...Too well, even better than I probably know myself or would care to admit anyway. :rock::thmup:

I can't lose your friendship man. After all, you know where all the skeletons are in my closet, not to mention, where all the "bodies" are buried too. Just Kidding!!! :lol:

1 final Rock Roll musical pun/joke for the road for your enjoyment buddy...