Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We have caused 3 turnovers through 7 games

swflacoltsfans

Without a healthy Freeney and Mathis, that's what happens. Turnovers usually come with disruption in the backfield causing fumbles or bad throws and without those guys doing their thing, don't expect much from this defense.

Angry dropped a easy one, and Hasselbecks dropped snap were good opportunities yesterday.

I rewatched that play. Angerer had zero clue that ball was there. He was running to cover the white TE who had swung out to the sideline. Had his head/eyes firmly on that TE. Didn't glance once at Hasslebeck. Ball drilled him right in the left bicep lol. No biggy. Just thought it was funny.

Then at another point in the game. Vaughn was covering the WR, was about 2 steps behind. Hasslebeck underthrew the ball, drilled Vaughn right in the back if the head. No arms up for the deflection. Had no idea the ball was thrown or coming at him. Only realized it after it drilled him in the melon.

Then Vaughn did the classic arm wave "ain't completing nothin on me" move. Lol. Dude. That ball just hit you in the face!

Honestly I think it comes down to the fact that we all knew going into this season we do not have the personnel to run this style of defense yet. Mathis has been great when healthy. Freeney has done Jack in the new defense and I can't believe the words are coming out of my mouth but Hughes has played better than Freeney has. We are not getting any pressure on the quarterback and thats what you need to force turnovers. You also go to take into account that most running backs/receivers practice holding on to the ball to curb the chances of fumbling.

I rewatched that play. Angerer had zero clue that ball was there. He was running to cover the white TE who had swung out to the sideline. Had his head/eyes firmly on that TE. Didn't glance once at Hasslebeck. Ball drilled him right in the left bicep lol. No biggy. Just thought it was funny.

Then at another point in the game. Vaughn was covering the WR, was about 2 steps behind. Hasslebeck underthrew the ball, drilled Vaughn right in the back if the head. No arms up for the deflection. Had no idea the ball was thrown or coming at him. Only realized it after it drilled him in the melon.

Then Vaughn did the classic arm wave "ain't completing nothin on me" move. Lol. Dude. That ball just hit you in the face!

The reaction from that play seemed to be of an easy interception dropped, but it was nowhere near a pick. He had no idea the ball was even in the air.

If he had been turned towards the QB it likely would have been, but he gets no grief for not having a pick there.

we need better pass rushers freeney and mathis are 4-3 de's not olb's. olb's are more taller and faster we just don't have that on our roster yet.

Mathis has been incredible. Jerry Hughes has been pretty good himself. I think we're fine at OLB. I'm more concerned with our corner play and our interior line play.

*Meanwhile we had 5 @Bears in a single game.*

We need to improve our pass rush allowing less accurate passing and more chance for CBs to make picks. We are improving game by game, so something must be done on it!

We certainly are capable of causing turnovers, but it seems its either feast or famine.

If he had his arms up it would have been pass interference.

That really is pretty sad when you think about it. Tim Jennings has forced twice as many turnovers this year as our entire D. I don't know if it's because of vanilla coverage schemes or just lack of making the most of opportunities, but that statistic needs to improve. It does make our above .500 record all the more impressive though.