Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton sets another NFL Record, toping his own

bayone

Manning: 22 of 30 passing for 305 yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions and a 138.9 rating.

He is the first player in NFL history to hit the 300-yard, three-touchdown, 70-percent mark in four consecutive games.

Nobody else has even done it three times in a row.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20730654/postgame-analysis-broncos-34-saints-14

I want more than anything this year for Manning to win a Super Bowl because it will get the four Brady rings monkey off his back. The debate will go on for centuries which one was better. Granted Brady is sensational but the Pats defense was ten times better than the Colts as was their running game. So #18 gets another ring(s) until the Colts get in Super Bowl form then I pull the the Good GUYs in blue.

I want more than anything this year for Manning to win a Super Bowl because it will get the four Brady rings monkey off his back. The debate will go on for centuries which one was better. Granted Brady is sensational but the Pats defense was ten times better than the Colts as was their running game. So #18 gets another ring(s) until the Colts get in Super Bowl form then I pull the the Good GUYs in blue.

The schedule getting easier has a 2 edge sword, I hope they obviously win their division, However, I hope they can keep that competitive high level while playing lessor opponents, yes it may help confidence if they win out, but will it get them ready for the playoffs , I think in reality some lessor opponents they could of beat while gelling as a team chemistry wise and peaking Vs The front end of there schedule would of got them truly ready and playing at high level at time needed if schedule was reversed oor at least not as front end loaded

Balt may be only real test and that's without Ray Lewis and , Brain Freeze, other K d play lost on Defense

1 amazing stat they still have lost every fumble , or at least 9 of 10 , or is it 10 of 11, only 1 not lost is when Hillmans went out of bounds sunday night

Now that IT last night great but on 4th down drop it u were lucky u got back nearly all the yards but fell short, mental error yes but may u have ended up a team motivation for that scoring drive though stopping a 4th down also should have by itself Good Question never will know the answer

Brady has 3 rings and not 4, he does have 5 SB appearances, matching John Elway for the most. That is one reason I dont want the Pats to get to the SB, we wont hear the end of it.

You might enjoy this article:

Morning Rush: Peyton Manning as early MVP favorite? Broncos' QB not buying it

"I really enjoy working with the young receivers," Manning said. "We're learning each other and I'm still feeling my way out, but they're buying in."

Exhibit A: Manning's one-yard touchdown pass to Thomas with 9:30 left in the third quarter, which gave the Broncos a 24-7 lead. The play was installed weeks ago by Manning in practice: Thomas, lined up to the left, begins what appears to be a fade route, then abruptly breaks it off and runs a quick out to the side of the end zone.

"When we first ran it in practice, it was against [future Hall of Fame cornerback] Champ Bailey," Thomas recalled. "He said, 'Man, that's an unstoppable route.' When I hear Champ Bailey say that, it gets my attention."

Unsurprisingly, Saints cornerback Johnny Patrick couldn't stop it. "Hey," Thomas said, "we had one play that worked that [Manning] put in [during] this game."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--morning-rush--peyton-manning-as-early-mvp-favorite--broncos--qb-not-buying-it.html

You might enjoy this article:

Morning Rush: Peyton Manning as early MVP favorite? Broncos' QB not buying it

"I really enjoy working with the young receivers," Manning said. "We're learning each other and I'm still feeling my way out, but they're buying in."

Exhibit A: Manning's one-yard touchdown pass to Thomas with 9:30 left in the third quarter, which gave the Broncos a 24-7 lead. The play was installed weeks ago by Manning in practice: Thomas, lined up to the left, begins what appears to be a fade route, then abruptly breaks it off and runs a quick out to the side of the end zone.

"When we first ran it in practice, it was against [future Hall of Fame cornerback] Champ Bailey," Thomas recalled. "He said, 'Man, that's an unstoppable route.' When I hear Champ Bailey say that, it gets my attention."

Unsurprisingly, Saints cornerback Johnny Patrick couldn't stop it. "Hey," Thomas said, "we had one play that worked that [Manning] put in [during] this game."

http://sports.yahoo....-buying-it.html

there are some that say this but right now at 7 & 0 its Ryan when realistic

To bad teaching receivers how to run routes as doing with DT , & DT himself v says it & un tebowing the recivers is not part of the voting but should be, thats why some have said realistically he could have won it every year for colts

I will bet u he wins comeback player of the millennium though if was one, will have to settle for the year

Right now Peyton has best QB rating too

# of games

Peyton -- 109.0 7

Rodgers 107.9 8

Ryan 103.0 7

Big Ben 101.4 7

Brady 100.6 8

all rest below 100

click below, its arranged by total yards, deceptive as some like Brady have extra game pending the bye week, click on rating or any column to sort under that column , l

ike yards per game to really see that leader over total yards Brees easily, then Peyton, and virtually the same as peyton are stafford then Brady

http://www.cbssports...lar?&_1:col_1=9

They have an easy schedule coming up - Manning and the Broncos should finish 12-4 - sounds familar to Peyton! The tale wont be told though until he does something in the playoffs - one and done and the story wont go as he wants or likes.

Yep, the story moves on from his comeback season to the playoffs. However, the Broncos' playoff success will depend on Denver's ability to run the ball in the playoffs with McGahee and that O-line, plus finding out how good of coaches John Fox and JDR are.

Yep, the story moves on from his comeback season to the playoffs. However, the Broncos' playoff success will depend on Denver's ability to run the ball in the playoffs with McGahee and that O-line, plus finding out how good of coaches John Fox and JDR are.

Hope his aging body can hold up the entire season but sure did well last game even with fumble

Dont know if u read a section of mt comment # 3 from above but this is my ??

-------------------------------

The schedule getting easier has a 2 edge sword, I hope they obviously win their division, However, I hope they can keep that competitive high level while playing lessor opponents, yes it may help confidence if they win out, but will it get them ready for the playoffs , I think in reality some lessor opponents they could of beat while gelling as a team chemistry wise and peaking Vs The front end of there schedule would of got them truly ready and playing at high level at time needed if schedule was reversed oor at least not as front end loaded

Balt may be only real test and that's without Ray Lewis and , Brain Freeze, other K d play lost on Defense

1 amazing stat they still have lost every fumble , or at least 9 of 10 , or is it 10 of 11, only 1 not lost is when Hillmans went out of bounds sunday night

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PS Let me add as Kuper gets comfy playing again , if they can open up Holes for hillman we saw why they drafted him , now he needs to learn blocking and picking up the blitz

Hope his aging body can hold up the entire season but sure did well last game even with fumble

Dont know if u read a section of mt comment # 3 from above but this is my ??

-------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PS Let me add as Kuper gets comfy playing again , if they can open up Holes for hillman we saw why they drafted him , now he needs to learn blocking and picking up the blitz

I'm okay with easier schedule the rest of the way. I'm confident that Peyton won't let the team pull San Diego. They showed the mentality to keep grinding. And I hope we will get over the lost fumble curse (I think the count is 11 so far) soon. The law of average should kick in at some point.

It's so nice to have Kuper back. Since he returned, we haven't allowed a sack. And Orlando Franklin has been monster in run blocking. I think that area should improve also. Hilman has the best coach on the field directing him. Hope he is a fast learner. He is a good change of pace from Willis.

Now the challenege is to remain healthy...

I'm okay with easier schedule the rest of the way. I'm confident that Peyton won't let the team pull San Diego. They showed the mentality to keep grinding. And I hope we will get over the lost fumble curse (I think the count is 11 so far) soon. The law of average should kick in at some point.

It's so nice to have Kuper back. Since he returned, we haven't allowed a sack. And Orlando Franklin has been monster in run blocking. I think that area should improve also. Hilman has the best coach on the field directing him. Hope he is a fast learner. He is a good change of pace from Willis.

Now the challenege is to remain healthy...

BABS , Kuper did some nice moves tro open run holes , announcers pointed them out during or after the game

u may be OK with sched but I am trying to say its good to be tested every so often , It keeps u sharper, u dont want to wwin out to easily, as when get into playoffs and then suddenly play someone with real teeth, can be Jolting if unprepared

Peyton wont be able to teach that D that , Hopefully Del Rio will come up with right D

Hillman can learn blocking h if he has strength also for it Peyton can point where to be Etc and what to recognize on stunts Etc , But on Colts Peyton never really got Brown a first round pick to learn it, may just be Browns limitation though

Yes Health, its disappointing that Mays is now IR's officially we are quite thin at LB, and though as starting LB wasn't great this year ,he was good to have with depth & coming in & reliveing aging Brookings, we aare a team of old & young , and he provided excellent ST work however that cant be replaced with LB from practice squad, maybe another Brookings type player floating around, I dont know

BABS , Kuper did some nice moves tro open run holes , announcers pointed them out during or after the game

u may be OK with sched but I am trying to say its good to be tested every so often , It keeps u sharper, u dont want to wwin out to easily, as when get into playoffs and then suddenly play someone with real teeth, can be Jolting if unprepared

Peyton wont be able to teach that D that , Hopefully Del Rio will come up with right D

Hillman can learn blocking h if he has strength also for it Peyton can point where to be Etc and what to recognize on stunts Etc , But on Colts Peyton never really got Brown a first round pick to learn it, may just be Browns limitation though

Yes Health, its disappointing that Mays is now IR's officially we are quite thin at LB, and though as starting LB wasn't great this year ,he was good to have with depth & coming in & reliveing aging Brookings, we aare a team of old & young , and he provided excellent ST work however that cant be replaced with LB from practice squad, maybe another Brookings type player floating around, I dont know

I think they will be tested by Cincinnati, Baltimore and Tampa (two of these are away), but I always feel every game is challenging. I think this team is a good mix of young and experienced players. I hope there is enough leadership in the locker room not to let that happen.

I'm really pleased with the strides our defense has made this season. They are now getting the concept of JDR defense, they say. Hopefully they continue to develop. Yeah, we are really thin at LB and I feel for Joe Mays. I was critical of his play but no doubt he's worked hard. We have to play two games away until DJ is allowed back. Elway's signing Brooking and Koppen turned out to be really important. We just signed a SS in Mays' stead, BTW. I don't know anything about this UFA rookie despite he played locally here. But our UFA players have played well (Woodyard, Carter, Harris). Let's hope that continues.

I think they will be tested by Cincinnati, Baltimore and Tampa (two of these are away), but I always feel every game is challenging. I think this team is a good mix of young and experienced players. I hope there is enough leadership in the locker room not to let that happen.

I'm really pleased with the strides our defense has made this season. They are now getting the concept of JDR defense, they say. Hopefully they continue to develop. Yeah, we are really thin at LB and I feel for Joe Mays. I was critical of his play but no doubt he's worked hard. We have to play two games away until DJ is allowed back. Elway's signing Brooking and Koppen turned out to be really important. We just signed a SS in Mays' stead, BTW. I don't know anything about this UFA rookie despite he played locally here. But our UFA players have played well (Woodyard, Carter, Harris). Let's hope that continues.

are best we play and ravens are near end of season but no Ray Lewis & another player also a good starter just cant think of a name

Tampa week 13, Ravens 15 put of the 17 weeks

Yes we have Veterans, so did Colts alays thought not letting starters play out save for 1 series even if a buy hurt momentum,

and those teams were field tested

Lets hope we stay sharp , End with Browns may test run D with Trent , man he can run strong, & weeded loves to through to that big speedy Josh Gordon who has played great , most teams afraid to bid on him in supplemental draft but hes a weapon early in season as was forced into play and then KC , Charles will test run D , but QB wont keep 2ndary sharp unless they find one that gets healthy & good suddenly and no in game concussions

Yes D last game aand entire team played as a TEAM for 60 minutes, I love when they asked Peyton if they finally did and he said he was sure Fox will find something to say did wrong during the week,

Thats coaches job right , have to motivate , if just praise then get complacent

I hope they can keep that competitive high level while playing lessor opponents

They need to develop a killer instinct - blow those lesser teams out of the water the way NE did a few years back... If they get that going for them then they will be just fine ...

Is it possible that PM hasn't done this well in the first 7 games of the season, ever?

If it weren't for one quarter, I'd argue he's by far the MVP and on pace for one of the best seasons ever.

Thank God he shut up the haters, because they were getting annoying.

Is it possible that PM hasn't done this well in the first 7 games of the season, ever?

If it weren't for one quarter, I'd argue he's by far the MVP and on pace for one of the best seasons ever.

Thank God he shut up the haters, because they were getting annoying.

It's among his best.

manningthrough7games98-1012.jpg

Not quite 2004 pace but close...

Just a simple spreadsheet, :) Glad you liked it.

& I have no idea how to use all the stuff on this elite computer to make one, I am a novice as far as computer use, main uses are tons of e-mails, personal & medical , this forum and my portfolio

& I have no idea how to use all the stuff on this elite computer to make one, I am a novice as far as computer use, main uses are tons of e-mails, personal & medical , this forum and my portfolio

Well, Barry there are plenty of things that you can talk endlessly about that would go so far over my head when it comes to medicine, so I can understand that.

Did you ever come up with an alternative for all of your files/images/articles? If not, I may have an idea that would work for you.

Well, Barry there are plenty of things that you can talk endlessly about that would go so far over my head when it comes to medicine, so I can understand that.

Did you ever come up with an alternative for all of your files/images/articles? If not, I may have an idea that would work for you.

Not as far as putting them on my home / profile page on this site, but all are on my computer saved safely I hope with external backup drive but no urls for them and many apparently have changed or just disappeared , i guess web site with them taken down , all indy star ones now gone and give same page of worthlessness no matter the URL, even things i wrote are saved on my computer not just the pictures on that page

Really would be hard to redo all too, time wise things are just tight,

Yes we all have specialties and no one is a know it all no matter what they may think save maybe Bill Gates and other innate geniuses but I am sure he too has shortcomings or why would he need advisers too

It's among his best.

manningthrough7games98-1012.jpg

Not quite 2004 pace but close...

Many talented people here!

And the number includes some sketchy moments earlier in the season. It's amazing how well he has been playing 8 years since 2004 after 4 neck surgeries and a full season missed with the entirely new setup. Unbelievable.

Many talented people here!

And the number includes some sketchy moments earlier in the season. It's amazing how well he has been playing 8 years since 2004 after 4 neck surgeries and a full season missed with the entirely new setup. Unbelievable.

The scary thought to me is how good would have the last half of 2006 to now have been if he hadn't encountered the dirty play of a Gregg Williams defense. He won 2 MVP's and a Super Bowl/MVP following the injury. There is no doubt he was affected by it. It just makes you feel cheated.

Not as far as putting them on my home / profile page on this site, but all are on my computer saved safely I hope with external backup drive but no urls for them and many apparently have changed or just disappeared , i guess web site with them taken down , all indy star ones now gone and give same page of worthlessness no matter the URL, even things i wrote are saved on my computer not just the pictures on that page

Really would be hard to redo all too, time wise things are just tight,

Yes we all have specialties and no one is a know it all no matter what they may think save maybe Bill Gates and other innate geniuses but I am sure he too has shortcomings or why would he need advisers too

The reason I ask, is that wordpress has a pretty simple blog structure that for a lot of the stuff a simple copy and paste would work, and then you could have a gallery of the images that are fairly easy to upload. I'd be more than happy to set one up for you. What would you call it?

The reason I ask, is that wordpress has a pretty simple blog structure that for a lot of the stuff a simple copy and paste would work, and then you could have a gallery of the images that are fairly easy to upload. I'd be more than happy to set one up for you. What would you call it?

u lost me at the word wordpress , I have so many pictures would take forever to copy & paste each individually , all are on JPG files plus my stories like his scouting report on that homepage of mine, which is basically a homeage to Peyton , u cant just copy & paste a JPG to my knowledge and though entire homepage is also on a series of e-mails I sent to myself many I can copy & paste but many also seemed to have dissapeared from the e-mail when the URLs disappeared

I appreciate the offer, do know right now cant discuss this this, at 4 PM onward daily I am busy with e-mails with Drs or other and when go back and add something to forum its just a quick comment, not a job like this would entail, seems like I would need much time if I understand it right, I will have to check the saved e-mails to see what is left on them I can copy I& paste, probably a good deal of them however

My day was sign on , go to Dr for 3 hrs, every 6 weeks need surgical implant of 5 or 6 medicine packets, then followed up with IV

Then delvered cetain supplies to mom at assisted living they dont supply, most stuiff they do, , Thursday another Dr and then bookeeper helping me straighten out moms stuff ,, I do most and she reorganizes some things every 2 months, aat first was every month so I am getting better,

Friday going to DR for opinion on CT scan , read my comment ---

anyway right now go here and read my comment 17 , trying to get more info on that right noiw via e-mails

http://forums.colts....nt/#entry322536

when originally did the homepage mom was still independent and had much more time

count the # of URLs for # of pictures & links to galleries & stories too , ((( though nmany no longer exists since Peyton left colts gaalleries taken down )))) on homepage / profile page, again hopefuly trommorrow if remember , will check e-mails and see whats left to copy & paste, otherwise as said are on jpg files for pictures and stories are on emails i belive

u lost me at the word wordpress , I have so many pictures would take forever to copy & paste each individually , all are on JPG files plus my stories like his scouting report on that homepage of mine, which is basically a homeage to Peyton , u cant just copy & paste a JPG to my knowledge and though entire homepage is also on a series of e-mails I sent to myself many I can copy & paste but many also seemed to have dissapeared from the e-mail when the URLs disappeared

I appreciate the offer, do know right now cant discuss this this, at 4 PM onward daily I am busy with e-mails with Drs or other and when go back and add something to forum its just a quick comment, not a job like this would entail, seems like I would need much time if I understand it right, I will have to check the saved e-mails to see what is left on them I can copy I& paste, probably a good deal of them however

My day was sign on , go to Dr for 3 hrs, every 6 weeks need surgical implant of 5 or 6 medicine packets, then followed up with IV

Then delvered cetain supplies to mom at assisted living they dont supply, most stuiff they do, , Thursday another Dr and then bookeeper helping me straighten out moms stuff ,, I do most and she reorganizes some things every 2 months, aat first was every month so I am getting better,

Friday going to DR for opinion on CT scan , read my comment ---

anyway right now go here and read my comment 17 , trying to get more info on that right noiw via e-mails

http://forums.colts....nt/#entry322536

when originally did the homepage mom was still independent and had much more time

count the # of URLs for # of pictures & links to galleries & stories too , ((( though nmany no longer exists since Peyton left colts gaalleries taken down )))) on homepage / profile page, again hopefuly trommorrow if remember , will check e-mails and see whats left to copy & paste, otherwise as said are on jpg files for pictures and stories are on emails i belive

Wordpress is a blog program/software whatever you want to call it that allows for fairly easy organization.

If all of your images are in one folder, then it could be uploaded in less than a few minutes. If they aren't in one folder, then it might take a bit more time, but a gallery could be set up so all the images were in one place.

Similar to this.

smallgallery.jpg

It's just most of the avatars I made in one spot.

I use it mostly to keep all the graphics/charts/files I post in one spot.

Individual articles, I guess those would have to be uploaded individually, and with all that you have I'm sure that would be time consuming, but it is something that could be added to over time. The text could easily be copied and pasted and the images saved to a folder and then uploaded from there.

Posting in wordpress is a lot like making a post here... Same simplicity.

I know you have a lot on your plate and I hope that goes as smooth as possible.

Just drop me a note if you have any questions..