Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoColts8818

Running the Ball

Despite what Steve Tasker wants to see the Colts ability to run the ball has been much better since the bye week outside of the Jets game which is the game they lost:

It really started in the second half of the Packers game but in that game they had 119 yards and average 4.0 YPC playing from behind most of the game.

Then in the Browns game they had a 148 yards with average of 4.0 YPC.

Then today against the Titans they had 171 yards rushing with average of 5.0 YPC.

None of that is counting what Luck adds to the game as well. I almost laughed out loud when Tasker said in OT what you are seeing the Colts doing now isn't indicative of what the Colts have been able to do on the ground all day. They have struggled to run the ball till they got into over-time. Then a few seconds later the stat comes up that the Colts had a 175 yards on the ground at that point in time (factoring in the Luck runs) vs. their season average over 94.7 yards on the ground. Dear Mr. Tasker it's time to start covering the game you are covering and not just seeing what your 2008 cheat sheet tells you you should see.

I think as the running game goes the rest of the season so will the Colts. In the games they can run they will be able to move the ball and have chances to win. The games they can't Luck is going to struggle. No rookie QB is going to win games when you ask him to throw close to 50 times a game. I think the magic number for Luck is 40 we need to keep him to under 40 pass attempts today to have a real shot in most game.

Despite what Steve Tasker wants to see the Colts ability to run the ball has been much better since the bye week outside of the Jets game which is the game they lost:

It really started in the second half of the Packers game but in that game they had 119 yards and average 4.0 YPC playing from behind most of the game.

Then in the Browns game they had a 148 yards with average of 4.0 YPC.

Then today against the Titans they had 171 yards rushing with average of 5.0 YPC.

None of that is counting what Luck adds to the game as well. I almost laughed out loud when Tasker said in OT what you are seeing the Colts doing now isn't indicative of what the Colts have been able to do on the ground all day. They have struggled to run the ball till they got into over-time. Then a few seconds later the stat comes up that the Colts had a 175 yards on the ground at that point in time (factoring in the Luck runs) vs. their season average over 94.7 yards on the ground. Dear Mr. Tasker it's time to start covering the game you are covering and not just seeing what your 2008 cheat sheet tells you you should see.

I think as the running game goes the rest of the season so will the Colts. In the games they can run they will be able to move the ball and have chances to win. The games they can't Luck is going to struggle. No rookie QB is going to win games when you ask him to throw close to 50 times a game. I think the magic number for Luck is 40 we need to keep him to under 40 pass attempts today to have a real shot in most game.

Yeah, I noted that too. Apparently, he must've been watching the Skins game.