Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good, Bad and Ugly

lollygagger8

Good:

COLTS WIN!!! :)

Ballard's highlight reel TD run to win us the game. That will be the #1 play of this week!

Brown's running. When he hits the gas from the hole he did major damage!!

Luck taking off and running for some yards instead of trying to force the ball into traffic.

Bad:

Our play calling at the end of regulation. Why didn't we even attempt to go for the win?!? Instead we were content for OT. What happens if we lose that coin flip?

We barely run any screens all season, and then we pack 25 (exaggeration) screens into one game? Huh????

Why didn't Angerer play until the 4th quarter? When the ball hit his arm because he had no clue where it was, I pretty much lost it.

Ugly:

Pass protection. Poor Luck. His jersey was just as dirty as Ballard's!

Pass Rush. Abysmal. The $14M Freeney expirement is not working. Where was Hughes?

Jerraud Powers......or lack there of. I was texting my friend on how poor he was playing, and then on cue....CBS runs the Powers Fail Reel of the last few games.

Because your on your own 5 50sec, and your Oline was holding up as of late in the game. If Luck drops back takes the sack in the endzone ballgame and then your bashing Arians for letting Luck throw on his own 5 with a bad line. You run it to give luck some more room to play with and play for one first down and go to overtime

Good:

Ballard's highlight reel TD run to win us the game. That will be the #1 play of this week!

Luck taking off and running for some yards instead of trying to force the ball into traffic.

Bad:

Our play calling at the end of regulation. Why didn't we even attempt to go for the win?!? Instead we were content for OT. What happens if we lose that coin flip?

We barely run any screens all season, and then we pack 25 (exaggeration) screens into one game? Huh????

Why didn't Angerer play until the 4th quarter? When the ball hit his arm because he had no clue where it was, I pretty much lost it.

Ugly:

Pass Rush. Abysmal. The $14M Freeney expirement is not working. Where was Hughes?

Jerraud Powers......or lack there of. I was texting my friend on how poor he was playing, and then on cue....CBS runs the Powers Fail Reel of the last few games.

I think a lot of the problem with Powers is when Davis is out the other team matches their #1 against him, Powers is not a #1 CB. Not making excuses for him though, he has looked pretty terrible.

Pass rush is non-existent.

About this for bad and ugly..... Luck throw another interception in a game wth i thought he was the most accurate of all the drafted QB

That interception wasn't a matter of accuracy, it was a matter of communication between Wayne and him. Wayne went outside because it was the correct thing to do, Luck thought he was gonna go inside. It was a mistake on Lucks part but nothing to do with accuracy.

About this for bad and ugly..... Luck throw another interception in a game wth i thought he was the most accurate of all the drafted QB

I don't care who it is. All rookie QBs throw INTs. RGIII may be the exception, but that's different. The Redskins are using him in a different way than we are using Luck. Also, let us not forget that half of the time, Luck doesn't have the time to find guys.

That interception wasn't a matter of accuracy, it was a matter of communication between Wayne and him. Wayne went outside because it was the correct thing to do, Luck thought he was gonna go inside. It was a mistake on Lucks part but nothing to do with accuracy.

That interception Luck did not see Griffin already in the back of the endzone. They showed the play in the highlight and Marino was like look where Griffin was already were if he was playing regular he would have been on like the 15yrd line and should have been a non factor and they showed the void in the field that griffin had left underneath which was like 25 yards of open grass for a receiver but Luck didn't see Griffin already back there and Griffin intercepted it good disguise on the play by him

Good:

Bad:

Ugly:

Yea, and the fail reel only included "big fails", he has had many "fails" in addition to the one's they showed. I counted'em up and they missed 7 pretty important fails. I'm wondering if he is not banged up in some way that he hasn't told anyone about. or he is getting bent night before games.

Actually, Wayne got pushed off his route and was forced to go more to the outside when Luck wanted him more to the inside.

Luck was very accurate with the throw, but he was very inaccurate with his read of the D of the CB and Reggie's route... He just threw it to the wrong spot, with deadly accuracy into Griffin's hands, unfortunately.

Yea, and the fail reel only included "big fails", he has had many "fails" in addition to the one's they showed. I counted'em up and they missed 7 pretty important fails. I'm wondering if he is not banged up in some way that he hasn't told anyone about. or he is getting bent night before games.

We can only hope that there's something wrong with his body, because Powers is playing almost as bad as King did right now.

Another thing I noticed......

He gave a 10 yard cushion to each receiver right off the get go. Vaughn was right up on them from the line. Power's receivers never got bumped, touched, or anything!

I have to laugh at you putting the decision to not push it at the end of the regulation into the bad category and then turn around and put our pass protection in the ugly category. I think you answered your own question there. You are backed up deep in your own end, less then a minute to go, and your OL is one of the worst in the league.

Allen's fumble was pretty ugly and thankfully we got bailed out by a penalty against the Titans. Powers's play was pretty bad as well, but that goes hand in hand with the ugliness of our pass rush. You give any QB the amount of time we did and they will pick you apart.

Overall we toughed at a win and had guys step up to get us that win. Ballard's game winning TD was an awesome way to get his first touchdown.

BAD: Arians not trying to run out the clock when deep in our own end into the wind..Allen almost fumbled and it could have cost us the game

other than the pass protection..everyone played great

We got VERY LUCKY on that play because without a doubt that was a fumble. I'm not so sure the whistle blew before that ball was rolling on the ground and it didn't sound like it in the replay.

So good to see the running game stepping it up, but Costanzo and Justice were being taken advantage of almost every drop back Luck took. Im disappointed in those two because they have been the most consistent this year. I gotta give credit to the Titans Morgan and Ayers because they came to play yesterday.

Good:

Running backs

Run D

Luck

Wayne

Bad:

The Defense

Coaching

Ugly:

Secondary (Especially Powers)

IMO D really stepped up yesterday, they made some good stop and forced Titans 3 and out. I would put our O-line to bad category, for still not protecting Luck, and for being ineffective in the first half (but perhaps it was for the playcalling).

ST won a place in the ugly category I think.

We got VERY LUCKY on that play because without a doubt that was a fumble. I'm not so sure the whistle blew before that ball was rolling on the ground and it didn't sound like it in the replay.

While you are right in that the ball was on the ground being scooped up when the whistle blew, it wasn't a lucky play. The ref that (finally) blew the whistle had determined the players forward momentum was stopped and was being dragged backward and toward the ground. Once forward progress is determined, the play is over and the ball is dead. So no stripping of the ball is allowed. Play was already over. That is how the ref and league explained that call.

I have to laugh at you putting the decision to not push it at the end of the regulation into the bad category and then turn around and put our pass protection in the ugly category. I think you answered your own question there. You are backed up deep in your own end, less then a minute to go, and your OL is one of the worst in the league.

Laugh it up.

We should've taken the pressure off the O-Line, and went into no huddle. We march right down the field every single time we've done it.

Good - The Win

Bad - Vontae getting injured

Ugly - Luck's dump off straight to the Titan, who luckily fumbled it. Rookie or not, he is still making half a dozen mental errors every game, and he needs to start reducing them.

Ya, I forgot to add Davis getting injured (again).....man what is going on with that guy?

Also, why did Angerer not play very much at all?

You saw the new rules in OT, right? The team with first possesion has to score a TD to win and end the game. With the way the Colts defense was playing they had a good shot of stopping the Titans, atleast for a FG.

Also I will add a couple more in the good category.

1. Not only a win, a divisional win on the road against a decent opponent, very important win.

2. 171 total rushing yards for the Colts, 5.0 yards per carry, proving if the Colts give the RBs a chance to do their job, they can do it well. I really like the Ballard/Brown tamdem, they complement each other very well. This comes from someone who didn't care for Brown previously.

3. Good play defensively overall, held CJ under 100 yards and I though the DBs did a decent job with all things considering(losing Davis). The Titans have been one of the better offenses in the league this year.

Arians did the right thing at the end of regulation, once we got the ball back. His mistake was not using his timeouts on defense to get the ball back with time left. But calling safe plays backed up near the end zone was the right thing to do, and after Allen's fumble, and going into the wind, kneeling on it was sensible. I probably would have tried another pass play after that, with an emphasis on ball security, but I'm not super excited about the prospects of making something happen right there. I can co-sign Arians' decision.