Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's Not Get Anyone Hurt

chrisfarley

yea pretty sure none of our starters, or at least big name starters will play much at all. NFL starters hardly ever play the 4th week of the pre-season just for injury reasons. We will just see potential starters playing for roster spots such as Sims. I'm always worried for injuries, but I will definitely be looking for the young players scrapping for the last of the roster spots.

Why do u care? I thought u claimed we would go 8-8.

It's a coping mechanism. If the Colts go 8-8 or close Farley can claim the "glory" of accurate prediction, and since he is convincing himself of this it won't hurt if it happens. If they do well... and Farley is a fan of the Colts... who wouldn't want to be proven wrong?

yea pretty sure none of our starters, or at least big name starters will play much at all. NFL starters hardly ever play the 4th week of the pre-season just for injury reasons. We will just see potential starters playing for roster spots such as Sims. I'm always worried for injuries, but I will definitely be looking for the young players scrapping for the last of the roster spots.

Im guessing you havent been reading much this week, the starters will be playing they need to get in sync with collins after all they need to know how he's gonna do.

8-8 is the same prediction Mike Greenburg made on Mike-n-Mike, but mine was first. What I really don't understand is, how 8-8 is really that far off. I am hoping the COLTS will go undefeated EVERY YEAR, but a prediction is based on certain things I see. For one, we don't have a running game or should I say a RUN BLOCKING game. Maybe that changes like many of you say is going to happen, hope so. If we are 1 dimensional, and with our schedule, could be a rough year....just sayin'

8-8 is the same prediction Mike Greenburg made on Mike-n-Mike, but mine was first. What I really don't understand is, how 8-8 is really that far off. I am hoping the COLTS will go undefeated EVERY YEAR, but a prediction is based on certain things I see. For one, we don't have a running game or should I say a RUN BLOCKING game. Maybe that changes like many of you say is going to happen, hope so. If we are 1 dimensional, and with our schedule, could be a rough year....just sayin'

How often has Mike Greenberg proven to be any sort of prophet?

Our run game, especially in the blocking department, is already better this year than it has been in previous exhibitions. New, bigger offensive linemen, as well as a powerful rotation with more 2 TE sets, an additional, bigger RB in Carter - what else could we have done to improve the ground game? You may not see it, but this is pretty much the formula for improvement.

What about the massive improvements we've made on defense with the additions to the front 7? I notice you leave this detail out of nearly every conversation you enter.

Finally, many analysts don't even consider our schedule as one of the five toughest in football. It wouldn't matter anyway, because we always land the division winners. It's no tougher in 2011 than it has ever been before.

How often has Mike Greenberg proven to be any sort of prophet?

Our run game, especially in the blocking department, is already better this year than it has been in previous exhibitions. New, bigger offensive linemen, as well as a powerful rotation with more 2 TE sets, an additional, bigger RB in Carter - what else could we have done to improve the ground game? You may not see it, but this is pretty much the formula for improvement.

What about the massive improvements we've made on defense with the additions to the front 7? I notice you leave this detail out of nearly every conversation you enter.

Finally, many analysts don't even consider our schedule as one of the five toughest in football. It wouldn't matter anyway, because we always land the division winners. It's no tougher in 2011 than it has ever been before.

Im really hoping that the run game is much improved this season. Without looking I would say that the Colts have one of the bigger O-lines in football now(if everything stays as it was in the GB game). I really like our LBers now, but im still a little skeptical of our DT posistion. Nevis looks like a real player and Harris has looked good so far but I wonder about if he'll be able to stay healthy. This team has the potential to be a lot better but I have to see it in the regular season. You just can't make logical judgements from the preseason.

Im guessing you havent been reading much this week, the starters will be playing they need to get in sync with collins after all they need to know how he's gonna do.

Yep that's why in Caldwell's interview he said Collins will be surrounded by young guys like Gilreath and Taj... Not to Mention Collie and Gonzo are out again. If anything, the only starters he will get significant time with will be the O-Line as we try and work out our final kinks. Reggie and Dallas will play a little while, but I really doubt it's for that's long.

Yep that's why in Caldwell's interview he said Collins will be surrounded by young guys like Gilreath and Taj... Not to Mention Collie and Gonzo are out again. If anything, the only starters he will get significant time with will be the O-Line as we try and work out our final kinks. Reggie and Dallas will play a little while, but I really doubt it's for that's long.

Yea I give Dallas and Reggie one series.

Guest BlueShoe

I doubt they are in the game past the first drive. They might not see the first drive at all.

But I agree we could see the starting O-Line for a little while longer.