Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 8 NFL Trade Deadline

DS3

I expect the Packers or Ravens to make a push for defensive back help, with Woodson's and Ladarius Webb's injuries, maybe???

CB, as opposed to safety, has fewer things to worry about that they could contribute by going to a new team in the middle of the season.

The other trades I can think of would be defensive line, like the Colts did with Booger. But that was driven by Montae Raegor's accident.

I'd also like to say that the Jets should trade Tebow to the Jags.

The Jags need a QB and fans in their stadiums. Tebow will do exactly that, plus Gabbert is injured.

The Jets would probably want to get Tebow off their hands as he's attracted a lot of attention, and has no impact on anything.

Give the Jags:

Tebow

6th round pick

Give the Jets:

3rd round pick

7th round pick

This would be the best thing for both teams, media and game wise.

Here's what NFL.com has to say:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000084659/article/tim-tebow-among-players-who-could-be-traded-before-deadline

Charley Casserly: Trade Tebow to the Seahawks. The Jets don't use Tebow enough and the Seahawks have trouble scoring in the red zone.

Gregg Rosenthal: Possible selling teams include the Chiefs (Bowe, Breaston), Jags, and Raiders

Akbar Gbajabiamila: Cowboys should trade for Kirk Morrison, who did well during his time in Dallas. He can replace Sean Lee.

Jason Smith: Lions' offense needs a boost and they should trade for Steve Smith of the Panthers or Brandon Lloyd of the Pats

Any 4-3 DE's injured that would make Freeney a target for a contender?

I am wondering the same, and I think ANY team lacking pass rush would be interested in a one year contract.

NE, Balt, and Washinton come to mind... I think Indy would take a 2 in a heartbeat for him....

I really think this could happen.... The team getting DFree would only be on the hook for the remainder of this years salary.

How about Welker for DFree str8 up? Don't know about the numbers and don't care to look but I would do it in a heartbeat.

WR is not a position of "need" but I think Luck and Wes would click pretty quick... same as with Collie.

Freeney for a NG or OLmen would also work.