Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Three Things To Watch For

Coffeedrinker

Just watched Colts.com Three things to watch for segment.

Sounds like Anderson, Brayton and Sims are going to play a lot.

Also he mentioned taking a good look at KT and Rucker at the CB spots.

Of course they talked about Collins before hand and let him run a paired down offense.

I haven't paid a lot of attention in years past but I would think that players that get a lot of playing time are on the bubble as far as making the 53 man roster. He mentioned both White and Mathews (he called him Rico, I think I like that) playing very well in this game last year and that it was a reason they both stayed with the team.

Anderson and Brayton might be playing for one roster spot :wall: . I was really hoping both of these guys could add depth to our run stopping abilities. We just might not have the roster spots available for both of them. I really hope we keep them both though. I think Anderson has played better in the pre-season, so Brayton will have to play lights out to secure a job if that is the case. I don't think Sims is on the bubble (there should be an emoticon for being on the bubble). I don't think Sims is on the bubble at all. I think he is just getting some valuable playing time. He missed the first two pre-season games because of his surgery. I think we are just going to be getting his feet wet in the defense to ensure he is game-day ready. Sims might be fighting for a starting spot, but not a roster spot.

I hope we have the spots available to keep them both, but this makes me a little worried.

Anderson and Brayton might be playing for one roster spot :wall: . I was really hoping both of these guys could add depth to our run stopping abilities. We just might not have the roster spots available for both of them. I really hope we keep them both though. I think Anderson has played better in the pre-season, so Brayton will have to play lights out to secure a job if that is the case. I don't think Sims is on the bubble (there should be an emoticon for being on the bubble). I don't think Sims is on the bubble at all. I think he is just getting some valuable playing time. He missed the first two pre-season games because of his surgery. I think we are just going to be getting his feet wet in the defense to ensure he is game-day ready. Sims might be fighting for a starting spot, but not a roster spot.

I hope we have the spots available to keep them both, but this makes me a little worried.

I agree about Sims, I think he is auditioning for a starting position tomorrow.

You could be correct about Brayton and Anderson, although I don't think so. It sounded more like just to see how they fit into the D packages. For example, do they provide enough were one or both can be in on the 3rd and 4-6 yards where the play could be either a run or pass. I also think we may see Anderson and Brayton slide inside on 3rd and 10+ with Hughes and Chick on the ends and see how that formation works. I think it is more a competition between Anderson/Chick and Brayton/Mathews or Gill.

And I should have clarified my statement meaning players, outside of the ones mentioned by Caldwell,are on the bubble.

My three things for which to watch...at (so hard not to end a sentence in a preposition):

1) How Collins reacts to pressure. He does not have the quick release which has led to sacks and fumbles in the past. Since he will not be working with 1st string i think he will be under pressure a lot.

2) WRs. With all this talk of Gonzo still being hurt possible waived and White possibly going to IR, I want to see if Brooks or someone else (Smith?)steps up and earns that spot.

3) CB play. I am thinking the Bengals are going to pass a lot in this game. Hope to see somebody step up and challenge Lacey for the position. Tryon is still the guy in my mind but I'd like to see Thomas or Rucker show us why they were drafted.

Only 10 more days until football fo real!

My three things for which to watch...at (so hard not to end a sentence in a preposition):

1) How Collins reacts to pressure. He does not have the quick release which has led to sacks and fumbles in the past. Since he will not be working with 1st string i think he will be under pressure a lot.2) WRs. With all this talk of Gonzo still being hurt possible waived and White possibly going to IR, I want to see if Brooks or someone else (Smith?)steps up and earns that spot.

3) CB play. I am thinking the Bengals are going to pass a lot in this game. Hope to see somebody step up and challenge Lacey for the position. Tryon is still the guy in my mind but I'd like to see Thomas or Rucker show us why they were drafted.

Only 10 more days until football fo real!

I thought they were using the first team O-line for longer than they normally would in preseason game 4. Probably cut back on Clark, Reggie, and Garcon's time though. The O-line needs to work together as much as possible. Communication and awareness of what the guy next to you is doing is as important as their natural talent.

Just watched Colts.com Three things to watch for segment.

Sounds like Anderson, Brayton and Sims are going to play a lot.

Also he mentioned taking a good look at KT and Rucker at the CB spots.

Of course they talked about Collins before hand and let him run a paired down offense.

I haven't paid a lot of attention in years past but I would think that players that get a lot of playing time are on the bubble as far as making the 53 man roster. He mentioned both White and Mathews (he called him Rico, I think I like that) playing very well in this game last year and that it was a reason they both stayed with the team.

Do you guys think Colt.Com has regressed since last week or so? It hasn't even got the team roster updated correctly. Gee, what a poor job by the official Colts website.

The whole set up looks kind of cheesey.

Curtis you are a negative Nancy, I :trout: you. I can't even tell if your a Colts fan or a ninja from another board. Havnet seen one positive comment today from ya. Either that you u just have 0 faith in the Colts this year. To each his own though I respect all.

Getting back to the topic somewhat I really liked the way Sims played, I think he will get plenty of playing time if he doesn't start in the regular season. He hits hard, is fast, seems like he could be a much more beastly version of wheeler even though he's smaller.

Do you guys think Colt.Com has regressed since last week or so? It hasn't even got the team roster updated correctly. Gee, what a poor job by the official Colts website.

Nothing new.. they never post a depth chart until half way through camp. Once the season starts things will get tidy.

Curtis you are a negative Nancy, I :trout: you. I can't even tell if your a Colts fan or a ninja from another board. Havnet seen one positive comment today from ya. Either that you u just have 0 faith in the Colts this year. To each his own though I respect all.

Getting back to the topic somewhat I really liked the way Sims played, I think he will get plenty of playing time if he doesn't start in the regular season. He hits hard, is fast, seems like he could be a much more beastly version of wheeler even though he's smaller.

I agree. Sims looked good from what I saw as did Harris. Hopefully these guys can stay healthy somewhat. If we can play well up front maybe it will take some pressure off of our questionable DB's.

The roster page does not even list all the players. The depth chart has a wide receiver who is on waived/injury list.

I also noticed that safety Michael Hamlin is listed as waived (instead of signed) in the updates section.

I usually use this web page that updates the roster and the depth chart daily.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/