Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Madden Curse?

House

I am not a very superstitious man myself, so this thread is mostly in jest. But wow Calvin Johnson has not looked great this year.

Targeted 11 times last night. 3 receptions. Dropped a wide open pass in the middle of the field. Just looking nothing like himself this year.

That being said all phases of Detroit look like a mess this year.

So my question is, do you believe in the Madden Curse, and are The Lions done?

I agree with the majority. Stafford's throws this year have been off... way off. I didn't watch the game last night, but the games I have, he was simply not getting the ball anywhere accurately.

I think it's easily a combination of both.

Stafford hit Johnson in stride, wide open, right in the numbers and Calvin just dropped it. So it's not all on Matt.

He's 5th in Yards, and 10th in Rec. and already had a bye, when others haven't. The only curse he's dealing with is Stafford at this point.

I wasn't implying he can't catch a ball now. But clearly he isn't having the year he had last year.

I think it's easily a combination of both.

Stafford hit Johnson in stride, wide open, right in the numbers and Calvin just dropped it. So it's not all on Matt.

True. I wouldn't say it's all on Matt, but he hasn't been very good this year, IMO. 5TD, 6INTs, and he's throwing to the best receiver in the game.

Something just ain't right in Detroit...

True. I wouldn't say it's all on Matt, but he hasn't been very good this year, IMO. 5TD, 6INTs, and he's throwing to the best receiver in the game.

Something just ain't right in Detroit...

No doubt.

Once the stink of "disfunction" hits a team. It's spreads like a plague.....

I don't believe in the Madden curse, it's a coincidence on most terms.

The Lions are an average team. People forget that, all those comeback wins last year that teams gave to them, they could have easily been 6-10 or worse. They went 10-6 last year and as great as their defense was, I didn't really expect Brees to totally torch them like he did in the playoffs last year.

Average team at best taking a big check down to earth.