Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peter King Predictions

tfunky14

http://sigroup.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/2011-nfl-preview-peter-king-predicts-falcons-over-chargers-in-super-bowl-xlvi/

Peter King has the Colts finishing at 10-6 winning the AFC South.

Now he has the Chargers winning the Super Bowl but I can live with his predictions since it seems all other NFL guys are predicting the Houston Texans to win the South.

If Peyton gets back to Peyton form quickly I could see us going between 11-5 to 14-2. No 16-0 becsuse Caldwell will take peyton out so we can lose to whoever we play. If Peyton misses any games, we could most likely chalk those up as 'L's on the schedule. But I dont see Peyton missing anytime... I just hope he shake off the rust quickly. And kick butt, starting with Houston.

Everyone is wrong, it's going to be the Broncos vs 49ers. Tim Tebow throws for 528 yards and 0 TD's in a 3-6 Denver win. The earth will then implode with Tebow and Chuck Norris as the only survivors floating aimlessly in space endlessly Mortal Kombating it out with each other.

If Peyton gets back to Peyton form quickly I could see us going between 11-5 to 14-2. No 16-0 becsuse Caldwell will take peyton out so we can lose to whoever we play. If Peyton misses any games, we could most likely chalk those up as 'L's on the schedule. But I dont see Peyton missing anytime... I just hope he shake off the rust quickly. And kick butt, starting with Houston.

If peyton is 100% healthy and ready to go in Houston, I think first game will change a few peoples minds. BUt there is also a chance we could go 16-0. Because Im pretty sure the last two games of the season are AFC South opponents. We need to start the season 1-0 and let everyone know that Texans are not taking the AFC South crown from us!

We as fans go through this every year. The Texans this.. the Chargers that. No one is beating the Colts out of a playoff spot while we have Peyton Manning. Even with the injuries the Colts had last year.. who was it that made the playoffs??? Humm..

no one can legitimatly rule out the Colts for a playoff spot. Anyone who does is just trying to stur the pot to make controversy.

Everyone is wrong, it's going to be the Broncos vs 49ers. Tim Tebow throws for 528 yards and 0 TD's in a 3-6 Denver win. The earth will then implode with Tebow and Chuck Norris as the only survivors floating aimlessly in space endlessly Mortal Kombating it out with each other.

Blasphemy! Don't make fun of St. Timothy. Your crops will burn and your cows will go dry. (Or vice versa)

As a Georgia girl, and the Falcons being my #2 team (behind the colts of course) I hope they can wrap it up on the NFC side. BUT we're all still looking for Matty Ice to get over this no win playoff slump, plus I think their defense definitely needs some work. They have to get past a number of great teams on the NFC side.. Packers,Saints, Tampa(who I think will surprise everyone this year again) plus some other teams. They are a great team though and the Falcons will only get better with more time together. As for the Chargers BARF! I think they'll do great as usual but still manage to fall short again this year (they have worry about the Chiefs now)

And he picked the Chargers to go to the Super Bowl for like the 4th straight year too...

Anyways, when this team is healthy we're the same 14-0 team with a better D and O Line. With the tough schedule 14-2 is not going to happen, but 12-4 or 13-3 is very possible.

I'm thinking this will be about an 11-5 team. I'm betting on a rocky start, but a strong finish. The last three weeks are division games, and we'll wrap up the division then. I'll have to see how other teams are doing this season before I make any playoff predictions. I look for the same ol' characters as usual in the playoffs, though. Pats, Jets, Steelers, Chargers, Ravens, Colts. The Chiefs, Dolphins, and Texans will be in the Wild Card race. NFC will be Packers, Falcons, Vikings, Cardinals, Saints, and Eagles. Giants, Seahawks, and Cowboys in the Wild Card race.

As a Georgia girl, and the Falcons being my #2 team (behind the colts of course) I hope they can wrap it up on the NFC side. BUT we're all still looking for Matty Ice to get over this no win playoff slump, plus I think their defense definitely needs some work. They have to get past a number of great teams on the NFC side.. Packers,Saints, Tampa(who I think will surprise everyone this year again) plus some other teams. They are a great team though and the Falcons will only get better with more time together. As for the Chargers BARF! I think they'll do great as usual but still manage to fall short again this year (they have worry about the Chiefs now)

I didn't even read what you said, I simply saw your avatar was QOTSA first album. I love you.

I would guess an 12-4 or 11-5 with Manning suiting up from the first game. I will assume he has a few rusty games unless he has been practicing in secret with his team away from reporters during this time. If Manning misses the first game or two and then comes back to play, you can assume we lose the first 2 and then possibly the first 2 of 4 until the rust comes off Manning. And then you would have to assume even if the worst of this scenario comes true, we are going to lose a game or 2 the rest of the season, we have a tough schedule to get through.

The Texans are no slouch either and I believe this is the year they put it together and give us a run. I think San Diego regresses and does not make it to the playoffs or at least deep into the playoffs. The Texas are the only team in our division that even remotely has a chance to knock this team out of the title (div) this year as Jax and Ten are just a mess. Winning the division is huge this season to win in light of our ailing QB but I just have the feeling, with the SB at LOS this year, no way we make it to the big dance, too much money to be lost.

My predictions- Green Bay or Detroit vs pats or Jets

I didn't even read what you said, I simply saw your avatar was QOTSA first album. I love you.

Bumping into another QOTSA fan is like seeing a leprechaun. We must compare!

I would guess an 12-4 or 11-5 with Manning suiting up from the first game. I will assume he has a few rusty games unless he has been practicing in secret with his team away from reporters during this time. If Manning misses the first game or two and then comes back to play, you can assume we lose the first 2 and then possibly the first 2 of 4 until the rust comes off Manning. And then you would have to assume even if the worst of this scenario comes true, we are going to lose a game or 2 the rest of the season, we have a tough schedule to get through.

The Texans are no slouch either and I believe this is the year they put it together and give us a run. I think San Diego regresses and does not make it to the playoffs or at least deep into the playoffs. The Texas are the only team in our division that even remotely has a chance to knock this team out of the title (div) this year as Jax and Ten are just a mess. Winning the division is huge this season to win in light of our ailing QB but I just have the feeling, with the SB at LOS this year, no way we make it to the big dance, too much money to be lost.

You truly believe in your heart of hears that the lions will make it to the superbowl? A team that hasn't been to the playoffs let alone had a winning season in god knows how long. I get it I really do... I live in ga, followed Stafford basically his entire college career.. the kid has promise when he's not being smashed into the ground and breaking something. But really? The lions? They're gonna make it past the Eagles, Cowboys, Saints, Giants, Tampa, Bears,Falcons, I could keep going. Please don't take this as an attack or insult but yeah.... No

Let us look at the usual suspects based on last year's playoffs:

Packers/Saints/Falcons/NFC East team vs Chargers/Colts/Steelers/Patriots/Jets

SB curse - eliminates Steelers, not going to SB

Since 2006 - a team that has played the NFC East has won the SB - which would mean the Pats or Jets or an NFC East team wins the SB

Since 2002 when the Raiders made it - any team that has played the AFC West has not made it to the SB (includes NFC North, AFC East this year which means the Packers, Patriots, Jets don't make it to the SB)

So, it is NFC East team vs Chargers/Colts with NFC East team winning it :)

I'd say heck with it, all patterns are meant to be broken :).

You are pretty much on target. I'm thinking Falcons and the Jets. the only charger going to the big show will be Tomlinson with the Jets. As for the Colts, I just don't feel as good about thier chances. I wish them the best. I just turned fifty this year. Been a fan since 1969. When you get older you look at things in a different light. 10-6 is more like it. Thats not factorying in two loses because of bad time outs called by Blinky. he gets two a year.

Day off today, watching the experts on ESPN. 6 or 7 win team this year. Manning not even top 5 QB, regardless of health. (they had Rothlisbereger, Rogers, Rivers, Brady, and Brees) Texans win division (same as last 4 yrs). No team has any fear when we get off the bus, etc. Outside PM, rest of team is junk. Granted in general as PM goes, we go, but we do have some other play makers and have to have players to throw to. That said, couple also said the Pats were a 7-8 win team this year, Brady is breaking down, etc. SB already conceded to the Chargers/Jets and Pack /Falcons. We may struggle early, but would love to us at at 8-0 and everyone breaking their legs getting on the wagon.

Day off today, watching the experts on ESPN. 6 or 7 win team this year. Manning not even top 5 QB, regardless of health. (they had Rothlisbereger, Rogers, Rivers, Brady, and Brees) Texans win division (same as last 4 yrs). No team has any fear when we get off the bus, etc. Outside PM, rest of team is junk. Granted in general as PM goes, we go, but we do have some other play makers and have to have players to throw to. That said, couple also said the Pats were a 7-8 win team this year, Brady is breaking down, etc. SB already conceded to the Chargers/Jets and Pack /Falcons. We may struggle early, but would love to us at at 8-0 and everyone breaking their legs getting on the wagon.

Wow what dum dum said this? We go through this every year when there is a different team winning the SB. Had to put up with the Brees love after their SB win then the awkward silence from the talking heads after going one and done against a below .500 team. I've learnt to never take these * seriously even if they are saying nice things about us. Because when it comes down to it, they just like us... fans with opinions the only difference is some of them have played football but they just so happen to be on tv. Doesn't make their word gold. We know it they know it. As to who i think does ok this year, I say most of the usual suspects from last years playoffs with some fresh teams trying to fight their way in. I'm just ready for some football!

My prediction:

*Peyton plays in game 1 vs Houston. Hard fought game, Manning plays pretty well with just a bit of rust, defense steps up, Colts win.

*over the next couple of games, Manning starts to regain his old form, our defense continues to impress, and the running game begins to flourish, we beat Browns and Steelers by a touchdown each. 3-0.

*as the season progresses, Manning catches fire, the running game becomes a serious force to be reckoned with, and as a result, our playaction passing game opens up bigtime. Manning starts putting up big numbers, the offense scores tons of points, and the defense starts wrecking havoc as they 'unleash the hounds' on the opposing team's QB. We start regularly blowing teams out. 14-0

*with homefield advantage wrapped up for the playoffs, Jim Caldwell makes the decision to only rest injured or ailing players that need recovery time to get back to 100% for the playoffs. We win our final two regular season games to go 16-0.

*Colts play the Jets (12-4) in the divisional round and beat them 27-17 in a hard fought, physical game.

*Colts play the Patriots (15-1, only loss coming to the Colts) in the AFC Championship Game and absolutely humiliate them 45-6. Cameras catch Tom Brady weeping like a little girl on the sideline.

*Colts play the Packers (13-3) in the Super Bowl and win in a shootout 56-38 behind 8 Peyton Manning touchdown passes, breaking the all-time single game mark. He is named Super Bowl MVP (as well as league MVP, for the 5th time), and the Colts cement their place in the history books with the greatest season in NFL history, and Manning becomes widely considered the greatest QB of all-time, and the greatest player of all-time by many.

And he picked the Chargers to go to the Super Bowl for like the 4th straight year too...

Anyways, when this team is healthy we're the same 14-0 team with a better D and O Line. With the tough schedule 14-2 is not going to happen, but 12-4 or 13-3 is very possible.

he picked steelers last year

do some research.....

The Chargers are a force this year. I see them making it all the way.....

And as is the case with nearly everything you say, you will be wrong.

he picked steelers last year

do some research.....

It took you 4 days to respond to that post. I don't think you really new this either without the aid of a Google search.

Our schedule isn't tougher than it is any other year. We play 16 games against professional football teams. So does everyone else. This isn't NCAA football where there are giant disparities in talent.

Last year doesn't matter. Trends and patterns don't matter. This is a new team, with new players, and new coaches. New injuries, dynamics, swings in momentum, etc. will all vary. Like always, the experts are ready for a change, so they pick against us. Like always, the Texans and Chargers are supposedly ready to make their move. Like always, the fans "feel" something about us not winning games.

Well, it's a good thing that none of that stuff matters. It comes down to execution. The Colts have a great history of doing that in the Manning-era. They will do it again. 10-6 is an insult to this team's ability; we are better than our 14-2 Super Bowl team from two seasons ago.