Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton Dejected.

House

I am not arguing the definition of immature with you Brooklyn Colt. "Childish/babyish" is the Webster version and we can apply it to whomever with any opinion we wish in our own minds. My opinion is that Cutler and Newton are immature and Vick and Romo can at times be brilliant and then inconsistent. (Nature of the analyst beasts as well as week to week football)

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it, yet whether the QB's name Is Brees, Manning, Vick, Romo, Cutler, Tebow, Sanchez....or even the aged yet immature Joe Namath, we win as a team and lose as a team. I do not need a 'suggestion box' to find answers, and I do not need a 'sweet-heart of a reporter' to help manage my sophomore jinx. (Sophomore in High School or NFL ???) :) BTW...I see ZERO need to pull Peyton Manning into this equation.

Agreed. Cam is a Young player, he hardly left his rookie status behind...

He had a stellar rookie season and the media loved and adored him. Now ironically due to his own rookie season, that is a base point for rookie QBs now, he is under pressure of high expectations, not an easy task to live up to it. It is never easy to face media, especially not after a loss. He will learn it for sure.

I think he receives an undeserved share of criticism nowadays, and media attention doesn't help him neither.

Agreed. Cam is a Young player, he hardly left his rookie status behind...

He had a stellar rookie season and the media loved and adored him. Now ironically due to his own rookie season, that is a base point for rookie QBs now, he is under pressure of high expectations, not an easy task to live up to it. It is never easy to face media, especially not after a loss. He will learn it for sure.

I think he receives an undeserved share of criticism nowadays, and media attention doesn't help him neither.

I thing some seem to think I am hammering Newton...not the case...I have constantly rooted for him to step up and just play with the gift he has. I agree the media is a problem....just as I mention Romo. They win ...HERO...they lose....inconsistent...gotta go. :dunno: :slaphead:

I posted about a month and a half ago that Cam had actively gone to former HOF QB Joe Montana and others concerning...."seeking advice for how to avoid the sophomore jinx." At that point in time, Montana said that concerned him about Cam.

If a QB as talented as Cam Newton gets this kind of feeling about himself it cannot be good. He is obviously affected by the situation as he should be. It did not help that many predicted Carolina to be anywhere from 10-6 to 13-3. Also it did not help for teammates to put out full page ads saying the Panthers would win the Super Bowl.

I am not a Panther fan, but my hopes are Cam Newton can overcome what could render him obsolete if he cannot control the 'angst' and borderline depression that appears to be at hand....Good luck Cam...you are too good. Go out and play football young man!!! :thmup: :thmup: :thmup:

Yes hes very talented,and in my opinion,doesnt have a great surounding cast.Lol deffinately not good enough to be predicting Super Bowls :scratch: not very bright on theyre part