Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 Videos Archie , I Have No Idea If Peyton Will Play, Adam Schefter, He Wont Play & Week 2 Is Doubtful Too

bayone

Archie Manning

Former Saints quarterback Archie Manning says even he doesn't know if Peyton Manning will be ready to play for the Colts to start the season.

My link

Adam Schefter

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter says Colts quarterback Peyton Manning will miss the first game of the year. Plus,

When u listen he doubts week 2 as well

My link

Well I can understand if Archie doesn't know because Peyton doesn't even know yet. lol As far as Adam goes he just another reporter reporting what he thinks is news. I for one feel that Peyton will be able to play. If not we will need to have our backup QB's ready to play. :banana:

What I heard was, he don't THINK he'll play week 1. Pure speculation on his part and not based on anything but opinion. I myself think if he wasn't going to play, he wouldn't be participating in practice at all. Now, thats just my opinion and it means just about as much as Schefters.

IF Peyton cant go week one, we have collins that can lead the team, but a video I seen somewhere Peyton said if he needs to he can go out lead a series or two and then sit out the rest of the game.

If this is the scenario that the colts are willing to take, I think our chances of winning are greater. Our defense has looked better this year, all except the secondary...The oline has been looking better, which might be able to make us a team that can run alot more and better. If we need collins to run this offense I thnk we will be fine. Peyton said the team gave him rights to allow him to decide when he is ready to play so I am thinking he will be back and ready to fire on all cylinders.

So everyone is picking on Archie's words, but saying nothing about Schefter. Keep in mind, that guy batted nearly perfect all off-season long. Adam rarely misses on his info; the guy's job literally consists of the buying and selling of information. He doesn't just act as a colored commentator, or an opinionated spin-doctor. He sounded pretty certain in this claim.

Granted, Manning probably hasn't told anyone anything. He kept his wife's pregnancy secret from most of the Colts organization, for crying out loud. Still, don't just dismiss it because you don't like the implications of the statement.

So everyone is picking on Archie's words, but saying nothing about Schefter. Keep in mind, that guy batted nearly perfect all off-season long. Adam rarely misses on his info; the guy's job literally consists of the buying and selling of information. He doesn't just act as a colored commentator, or an opinionated spin-doctor. He sounded pretty certain in this claim.

Granted, Manning probably hasn't told anyone anything. He kept his wife's pregnancy secret from most of the Colts organization, for crying out loud. Still, don't just dismiss it because you don't like the implications of the statement.

Heck we still don't know if she was ever pregnet or if they were adopted or something else. If Peyton wants to keep something secrect he has shown he knows how to do it.

When was Peyton hurt? Because I am wondering why he had the surgery so late in the spring. I've been following baseball all summer and I'm just now getting into football. I haven't heard what happened to Peyton.

I believe its just been a nagging injury over a few seasons. I believe even Dundgy had said it was hurting when we was the coach at one point.

In other news, there was a vote today in Indy on if Peyton is going to play in game 1. The only negative vote was an absentee ballot by Schefter, so Peyton... suit up... you're going out there if you like it or not!

Sooooooooo tired of hearing speculation. Injury's are totally unpredictable. The only concern for me is his practice time. He could feel 100% right now, but not be in the groove with his offense. Or, he may feel just well enough to play, and be on fire with the right play calling. WHO KNOWS? I know that he is doing everything in his power to get back on the field as quickly as possible. What else can anyone ask?