Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Special Teams

Through six games, the kick and punt coverage units have given up no TDs and no big returns. Over the past 14 years, could you have said that once during a six game stretch? The longest retun of the year was a 50 yarder, from 7 yards deep to the Minnesota 43. Outside of that, the longest kick return is 35 yards. The longest punt return is 23 yards.

Now, we haven't had any big returns ourselves, but for a team that is used to losing the special teams battle weekly, it's a major improvement.

Special teams have been my pet peeve for years.....so I am happy with the improvement.

However, we cannot continue to 'chance' kicking to the Cribbs, Hesters, and Harvins of the world.....NEVER would they see a touch under my watch.

We got lucky a couple of times today. Does Pat REALLY feel a need to tackle someone? I think he does...should NEVER happen....

Coverage teams have improved with Lefeged.....and sorry Hughes haters, he is often 1st or second down in coverage....

AV is still here....we are still in good hands....Darn I wish Chuck was on the sidelines!!!! :(