Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think the Jets win today.

trsean

There's nothing about the Jets that I can respect now that Revis is on IR, so I'd rather the Pats win it because at least I can begrudgingly respect Brady & Co.

Judging from the score, looks like the Jets are in position to win this one.

There's nothing about the Jets that I can respect now that Revis is on IR, so I'd rather the Pats win it because at least I can begrudgingly respect Brady & Co.

Well just as soon as I spoke, now the Pats have tied the score with 5 seconds left. Headed to OT

You forgot one important thing....Mark Sanchez. Although I think he had a career day completing around 70% of his passes. Usually he's sub 50%.

If he'd stop throwing ducks he might be a decent QB some day.

I admit I thought this would be a blowout for the Patriots, so props to the Jets for making it interesting.

I thought Sanchez played pretty good most of the time.

Compared to how he usually looks, Sanchez did ok. He missed some throws mostly because he lacks velocity on his passes, but that's no different than usual. He made more of those throws than he normally does. A lot more, in fact.

I can't fault him for his receivers dropping easy completions for big gains in crunch time.

However I think bumbling a handoff exchange, a god awful lame duck INT, and the game ending fumble kind of offset anything good he did. It was smart to kick it in to the end zone for a safety, but that nonsense shouldn't happen in the first place.

yeah..the bobbles and turnovers if they continue will certainly make him a bad QB.

He did lob some nice balls to the sidelines...something I wish Brady could do. but I guess I'll have to settle for his bullets down the middle;-)

Brady misses a lot of long balls but at least doesn't get it int. I wonder how good he is long (he's got the strength) then I think of when he had Moss and they were right there so that tall WR is a must.

yeah..the bobbles and turnovers if they continue will certainly make him a bad QB.

He did lob some nice balls to the sidelines...something I wish Brady could do. but I guess I'll have to settle for his bullets down the middle;-)

Brady misses a lot of long balls but at least doesn't get it int. I wonder how good he is long (he's got the strength) then I think of when he had Moss and they were right there so that tall WR is a must.

Brady dropped one right in to the defender's hands at one point. "Almost" intercepted doesn't count, but he seems just have a bit of luck on his side when it comes to poor or tipped passes not becoming an INT. He went something near a full season since throwing a pick at one point. A lot of skill, and a lot of luck/the other team blundering their chances needed for that to happen.He could very well have had four-five picks in the Seahawks game, but the defenders just didn't catch the ball. I guess that's why they play defense since they'd suck as receivers.

As you said, Brady certainly has the arm strength to get the ball way out there, but the accuracy is sometimes off. Brady currently has the luxury of Gronk, Hernandez, and Lloyd who are all big targets.....but require a bit more on the precision side. None of them need a PERFECT pass, but just lobbing it out there like playing fetch with Moss won't work. Moss was an exception because he was...well...Randy Moss. That guy made Daunte Culpepper look like a boss. He could pretty much jump up and get the football over two-three defenders even if the throw was a bit off.

A humorous example comes to mind back in a Dolphins game. I wish I could remember the year so I could post it...but Brady threw it to Moss in the end zone and THREE defenders all tried to tackle Moss from three different directions and ALL of them whiffed. It was pure gold. It's a shame Moss is a shell of the player he was, but it happens. The drop off is especially quick at the WR position.

Brady dropped one right in to the defender's hands at one point. "Almost" intercepted doesn't count, but he seems just have a bit of luck on his side when it comes to poor or tipped passes not becoming an INT. He went something near a full season since throwing a pick at one point. A lot of skill, and a lot of luck/the other team blundering their chances needed for that to happen.He could very well have had four-five picks in the Seahawks game, but the defenders just didn't catch the ball. I guess that's why they play defense since they'd suck as receivers.

As you said, Brady certainly has the arm strength to get the ball way out there, but the accuracy is sometimes off. Brady currently has the luxury of Gronk, Hernandez, and Lloyd who are all big targets.....but require a bit more on the precision side. None of them need a PERFECT pass, but just lobbing it out there like playing fetch with Moss won't work. Moss was an exception because he was...well...Randy Moss. That guy made Daunte Culpepper look like a boss. He could pretty much jump up and get the football over two-three defenders even if the throw was a bit off.

A humorous example comes to mind back in a Dolphins game. I wish I could remember the year so I could post it...but Brady threw it to Moss in the end zone and THREE defenders all tried to tackle Moss from three different directions and ALL of them whiffed. It was pure gold. It's a shame Moss is a shell of the player he was, but it happens. The drop off is especially quick at the WR position.

yeah I suppose you're right.