Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Browns Game Day Thread

That would have been a nice play either way. Good defensive play by Ward, but it would have been a solid play by the offense if it was completed

Yeah the announcer saying it should have been a pick is out of his skull.

The Colts are moving the ball beautifully.

This is the balance they need.

what is our position on the field of this current drive? or did we have to PUNT.

Inside the 10.

wow, takes some real concentration to screw up an extra point. (see Tony Romo for stuff like that)

That is the funniest thing you have ever said.

When was the last time the Colts' starting QB had 2 rushing TDs in a game?

16 years?

I think Luck must've been reading our forums and all the comments by our knowledgeable members whom where clamoring for him to just tuck and run when it's clear.

what is our position on the field of this current drive? or did we have to PUNT.

TD Luck...14-6........no punt...no Weeden...just LUCK...and the Colts.

Lol. Browns fans must be feeling the same amount of frustration I felt during their drive.

And every time commentators talk Luck being obsessed with learning his protection schemes I can't help but smile.

Alright, bring that return back.

Woooohooo! A QB who can run! And SCORE!!! I love Peyton and always will but dang he was a terrible runner, LoLoL

GOOOOO COLTS!!!!

Announcer-"Mmmmmh Cribbs is such a weapon"

Ref-"Holding on the return team"

Announcer-"........silence"

lmao

Yeah the announcer saying it should have been a pick is out of his skull.

If it was a pick, that would be an unreal play. A tip was a good play, but a pick would be insane...maybe even physically impossible based on the arm length of the defender

HUGE: We need to hold the lead....Browns get the ball to start the 2nd....

Why are we kicking to Cribbs?.......do not get my butt on a special teams rant! :pcsmash::tvsmash: :tvhammer:

Woooohooo! A QB who can run! And SCORE!!! I love Peyton and always will but dang he was a terrible runner, LoLoL

GOOOOO COLTS!!!!

and when he did run it just dosent look right

When was the last time the Colts' starting QB had 2 rushing TDs in a game?

16 years?

Have we ever?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The Strip Sack Master King Robert Mathis joins For the COLTure Podcast and talks about his playing days teammates and his pass rushing consulting business. Towards the end he also has a piece on Turay starting at 27:15 mark. Interesting listen as Mathis was one of the guys that scouted and found Turay and brought him to Ballards attention. Also mentioned that Turay will be the sack champion in 1-2 years and has the talent to break the all time NFL sack record! What do you guys think? Also has thoughts on Houston and the D as a unit.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkI-rykczsI 
    • Ballard has only been a GM Fir three years.   Most others he’s compared to have been a GM much longer.      Patience,  Grasshopper!   
    • They could have been talking about any qb. It could have been filmed before the trade was set in place, and they were referring to trading up into the top 5-10 for a qb. Who knows. 
    • The NFL realizes what an incredible opportunity this is.  They will turn it into gold... and we need it right now.
    • Well first of all, not all Jones' pro-bowlers were pro-bowlers as rookies.  For example, Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman were drafted in '88 and '89, respectively.  They didn't make a probowl until 1991.  Arguably, because Emmit Smith (who made the probowl as a rookie in 1990) was added to form the original 'trio' (followed later by our Colts, who didn't see Marvin or Peyton become pro-bowlers until 1999 when Edge was drafted).     Big Q and The Maniac were the first rookie duo to make first team all-pro on the same team (and 2nd time in NFL history) since 1965 when Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers did it.  Several players drafted by Ballard have potential to be pro-bowlers.  I won't be shocked to see Braden Smith, Marlon Mack, Malik Hooker, Rock Ya-Sin, Kemoko Turay, Ben Banogu, Bobby Okereke,  Anthony Walker, Khari Willis, Nyheim Hines (return man) make at least one pro-bowl before their careers are over (I doubt all of them will, but I'm sure at least one of those guys will, probably more).     I don't have the time to do it, but I would bet that very few GMs have every single player from the past 3 drafts still in the NFL.  TBH, I wouldn't be shocked if Ballard is the only GM in the league who can say that.     Of picks who didn't make it as Colts since Ballard started: 2017: Basham is doing fine for the Jets as a rotational DL, Zach Banner started 1 game in Pittsburgh and was depth for them last year, Nate Hairston had a decent year with NYJ last year.   2018: Deon Cain is the only one not still with the Colts (out of 11 picks, that's ridiculous), and he started 3 games for Pittsburgh last year coming off a bad injury as a rookie (he also started 3 with us before we put him to PS and he got claimed by Pitt)   2019: Javon Patterson went on IR but is still with us. Jackson Barton didn't make our team, but has a SB ring and is still with KC. Gerri Green is the only other guy who was only a practice squad guy out of the 10 picks in that draft.            
  • Members