Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D-Line thoughts?

ericnan

I think the Browns did a fantastic job of neutralizing the pressure, both by moving Weeden around and getting the ball out quick. They also kept extra blockers in practically every time we sent a heavy blitz. Really good blocking, really good play calling, and good decision making by Weeden.

Same thing in the secondary. Aside from a couple plays early, and then the Gordon drop, our coverage was right there. Both touchdown passes were covered, and either Weeden threw the receiver open or the receiver made a great play, or both. I think their passing game was good, more than our coverage was poor.

The Browns have one of the better offensive lines in the league, with Joe Thomas on the left and Alex Mack as the center. Both pro bowl caliber players.

Coverage did a great job of tackling but the bad thing was Powers and Vaughn were played the typical Cover 2 defense. And they were getting beat in the short to intermediate throws.

Come on you have been around long enough to know that just because player plays doesn't mean he's 100% healthy and it's clear he was not. He was hurt he tried to give it a go it didn't work so they had to sit him down. There is already talk of him missing this week's game with the same injury. That's not someone who is healthy that is someone who tried to play threw an injury to help his team.

Give the Colts credit healthy or not they still stopped him but I think it's also safe to say Richardson was not close to 100% and that impacted his performance as well.

Yeah.....nobody who plays in the NFL is 100% healthy. Some are 80%, some are 60%. I don't know what Richardson's % was, but he played in the game, and he got shut down.

Wow. It takes a certain level of non intelligence to say that.

It takes a certain level of intelligence to not know that neither Richardson, nor anyone he plays with or against, are 100% healthy. A very low one. You don't know how healthy anyone is, neither do I.

What we do know is this: he had 8 carries for 8 yards.

Many people, including you, predicted a huge day for Richardson. You now look foolish in your prediction. Deal with it.....don't blame me.

Yeah.....nobody who plays in the NFL is 100% healthy. Some are 80%, some are 60%. I don't know what Richardson's % was, but he played in the game, and he got shut down.

He also got removed from the game....

Do you think Trent Richardson was taken out because he was ineffective? Or because he was hurt?

Come on now..... you know the answer.....

He also got removed from the game....

Do you think Trent Richardson was taken out because he was ineffective? Or because he was hurt?

Come on now..... you know the answer.....

He already answered that. According to Kuffs, Richardson was taken out because he only had 8 yards on 8 carries.

He already answered that. According to Kuffs, Richardson was taken out because he only had 8 yards on 8 carries.

If he had 8 carries for 80 yards and 2 td's, i'm sure they would have yanked him right out.

Why can't people just own up to their *ic predictions? I mean, its right there in black and white.

If he had 8 carries for 80 yards and 2 td's, i'm sure they would have yanked him right out.

Why can't people just own up to their *ic predictions? I mean, its right there in black and white.

Let me be clear: eight carries for 8 yards says one thing pretty clearly, and that's that Richardson wasn't effective.

But watching the game, it was obvious that he was hampered by his injury. He was trying to avoid contact, he was moving gingerly, there was no explosion, and so on. After his catch to open the game, he wasn't in any condition to carry the ball. Whether it's an injury or not, that lack of production is a reason to get pulled. But for anyone who watched the game, and who has seen Richardson play, it was obvious that he was hurt.

If he had 80 yards on 8 carries, no, you don't pull him. That would be ridiculous. But that's not relevant; he didn't have 80 yards on 8 carries.

I'm not interested in defending anyone's predictions. But suggesting that one of the better backs in the NFL would have a good game against us isn't "*ic" in the least, not after we gave up 200+ yards the week before.

*ic? Wow. You sir are a bright one. So if I predicted Tom Brady to throw for 350 yards, 4 TD's and no INT's, but he only had 200 yards and 2 TD's, would my prediction still be *ic? The dude was hurt and ineffective. What part of IF HE WAS HEALTHY do you not understand?

*ic? Wow. You sir are a bright one. So if I predicted Tom Brady to throw for 350 yards, 4 TD's and no INT's, but he only had 200 yards and 2 TD's, would my prediction still be *ic? The dude was hurt and ineffective. What part of IF HE WAS HEALTHY do you not understand?

Yeah, it would be *ic, because you would have been off by 150 yards and 2 tds.....lol

Let me be clear: eight carries for 8 yards says one thing pretty clearly, and that's that Richardson wasn't effective.

But watching the game, it was obvious that he was hampered by his injury. He was trying to avoid contact, he was moving gingerly, there was no explosion, and so on. After his catch to open the game, he wasn't in any condition to carry the ball. Whether it's an injury or not, that lack of production is a reason to get pulled. But for anyone who watched the game, and who has seen Richardson play, it was obvious that he was hurt.

If he had 80 yards on 8 carries, no, you don't pull him. That would be ridiculous. But that's not relevant; he didn't have 80 yards on 8 carries.

I'm not interested in defending anyone's predictions. But suggesting that one of the better backs in the NFL would have a good game against us isn't "*ic" in the least, not after we gave up 200+ yards the week before.

Exactly my point.

He had 8 yards on 8 carries, which makes those who predicted him to run all over our defense.....*.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, October 26, 2012 - personal insults
Hidden by Superman, October 26, 2012 - personal insults

Exactly my point.

He had 8 yards on 8 carries, which makes those who predicted him to run all over our defense.....*.

Dude, you're insanely jaded, a homer, stupid and an all around in-the-dark person that should never be allowed to voice an opinion. Idk who died and made you high and mighty decider of all football knowledge, and what you think are "facts", but you couldn't be more wrong about this. I'm not sure why I'm arguing with a wall, but I feel my IQ drop every time I read something you post.

To call an opinion that was based on facts, let alone everything he did in college and while HEALTHY moronic is moronic in itself. What you're doing and saying is only based on a game that he couldn't produce in because he was wait...NOT HEALTHY.

My head just exploded from all the logic and truth I laid down on you.

Oh, and I cannot WAIT until your predict something and are off. This board is going to slaughter you.