Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D-Line thoughts?

ericnan

I saw a post that someone commented something to the effect that the line should be better this week with some of the new guys having another week in the scheme, and the addition of Guy. I just wanted to get some more opinions on this and wondered if anyone had any clips of Geathers from last week. I saw him on the field, but didn't know how much of an impact, or what his struggles were? Any thoughts or clips would be great.

Thanks all....

- Eric

I'm not expecting much from Guy, if he gets in the game it will be his first one. Geathers played last week but from what I saw he was not effective at all. If you can't find a clip of him, go to YouTube and do a search for "revolving door".

These new guys may work out with some experience and coaching, but there must be some reason that no one wanted them.

I'm not expecting much from Guy, if he gets in the game it will be his first one. Geathers played last week but from what I saw he was not effective at all. If you can't find a clip of him, go to YouTube and do a search for "revolving door".

These new guys may work out with some experience and coaching, but there must be some reason that no one wanted them.

Yeah, I'm not expecting much either. Just wondered if anybody had any highlights to be hopeful about. LOL I agree the new guys may get better, but you are right, they were not top performers where they came from, and that's why they are here. I'm still hopeful though. I don't expect any of them to be long term solutions, but sure would be nice to find a diamond in the rough!

Yeah, I'm not expecting much either. Just wondered if anybody had any highlights to be hopeful about. LOL I agree the new guys may get better, but you are right, they were not top performers where they came from, and that's why they are here. I'm still hopeful though. I don't expect any of them to be long term solutions, but sure would be nice to find a diamond in the rough!

Me too. The way Grigs keeps making moves eventually he'll hit on something. And sometimes a guy just needs to be in the right place with the right coach in order to breakout.

I saw a post that someone commented something to the effect that the line should be better this week with some of the new guys having another week in the scheme, and the addition of Guy. I just wanted to get some more opinions on this and wondered if anyone had any clips of Geathers from last week. I saw him on the field, but didn't know how much of an impact, or what his struggles were? Any thoughts or clips would be great.

Thanks all....

- Eric

I was going to start a new post, but saw my buddy had one started. This IndyStar article says it all to me....there are a whole 'lotta' folks playing their first snaps....good to see Angerer will see snaps.

I am hoping with the lack of quality right now in the front 7, we will see them on the field at the same time.....not sharing snaps...makes us smaller, but need some playmakers. Go D and Go 12th Man...and Hughes needs to bring it from the 'Mathis' edge....I feel a big Hughes game...2 or more sacks....I will not hide. :):peek::hide: nor will I run! :burnout: GO :coltslogo: :coltslogo: :coltslogo: NEVER :giveup: Roll the sleeves up men and play football...put a helmet on em!!!!!! :number1:

http://www.indystar....new-faces-Colts

Idk much about Geathers & Guy, but I'm sure they know what their Jobs are & will try their Best to do them. That's all I ask for, as long as I see you giving your 110% effort, it's Fine. Not asking anyone to be a Superstar or anything. Just stick to the Basics & Execute

I was going to start a new post, but saw my buddy had one started. This IndyStar article says it all to me....there are a whole 'lotta' folks playing their first snaps....good to see Angerer will see snaps.

I am hoping with the lack of quality right now in the front 7, we will see them on the field at the same time.....not sharing snaps...makes us smaller, but need some playmakers. Go D and Go 12th Man...and Hughes needs to bring it from the 'Mathis' edge....I feel a big Hughes game...2 or more sacks....I will not hide. :):peek::hide: nor will I run! :burnout: GO :coltslogo: :coltslogo: :coltslogo: NEVER :giveup: Roll the sleeves up men and play football...put a helmet on em!!!!!! :number1:

Please PLEASE put a helmet on them. For goodness sake we don't need more injuries...

haha!!! Thanks Brent! You bet bro! I'll get my helmet on! Hopefully we see some cohesion and can shut down Richardson. It's going to be interesting to see, that is for sure! I think we have a good chance to win, but it's going to have to come from hard work, and our defense is going to have to learn each other's names! I'm sure there will be some interesting topics here tomorrow afternoon! LOL

Alabama has been my favorite college team for many years, so I never missed a game.

Richardson made good defenses look pedestrian, so I can only imagine what he will do to us...... :/

at 3.6 yard per carry richardson has looked pretty pedestrian. unfortunately, colts defense it beat to crap...

at 3.6 yard per carry richardson has looked pretty pedestrian. unfortunately, colts defense it beat to crap...

Even healthy he'd thrash us. Richardson was never a 5-6YPC back in college... He's just the type of RB that can keep a consistent YPC up that breaks down your defense until he breaks out the big runs. Go look at his numbers from his last two years at Alabama.

Even healthy he'd thrash us. Richardson was never a 5-6YPC back in college... He's just the type of RB that can keep a consistent YPC up that breaks down your defense until he breaks out the big runs. Go look at his numbers from his last two years at Alabama.

well, i thought they were dumb for drafting him that high in the first place but that confirms it.

Guys just have to stay in their gaps and tackle. From what I've seen we've got the guys to do it, what we haven't had is proper execution. I think they will be motivated to get it done against this team. I think they will do better with the run fits going against a more traditional offense instead of all that unconventional wildcat stuff.

Thanks all....

- Eric

without Redding and Mathis and with Freeney hobbling....we were mediocre....no sacks....

we did okay for having backups in there......they tried hard

Hughes did not get his sack, but I am wondering how many pressures he got. He looked good on special teams being first or second down the field.

I agree with the above statement on Dixon. He played much better this week, and Guy showed a nice motor out there. At one point he, Dixon and Geathers were in on the same tackle....for little or no yardage. I am hoping Dixon is shaking off rust, and that Josh Chapman is ready to let r rip in the next week or so!!!

We needed the D-line to scrap, and scrap they did.....the new wave "no-name' defense came through with the help of the 12th Man and the great news of Coach Pagano watching from HOME! :colts: :colts: :colts:

D line is sub-par at best, we have no inteior prescence, not to mention no consistent pass rush at all. And people wonder why we cant stop the run :clap: , Richardson got hurt in the game which def played in our favor lets not fool ourselves

We did play with 9 of 11 starters that were not projected at the year's beginning. Richardson got hit HARD....we need to give some credit there. I made a note he looked like he was ready to cry on the sidelines.

As for injuries, I will never feel sorry for other teams.....I thought I saw Hawkeye Pierce, BJ Honeycutt, and Sherman Potter from the MASH unit on our sideline.

Seriously.....to play as well as we did with Dixon, Guy, and Geathers out there....what else can we ask for...we are 3-3. Hughes had pressures...no sacks...I agree...we need more there. It will come with a healthier unit. :coltslogo: :coltslogo: :coltslogo:

We did play with 9 of 11 starters that were not projected at the year's beginning. Richardson got hit HARD....we need to give some credit there. I made a note he looked like he was ready to cry on the sidelines.

As for injuries, I will never feel sorry for other teams.....I thought I saw Hawkeye Pierce, BJ Honeycutt, and Sherman Potter from the MASH unit on our sideline.

Seriously.....to play as well as we did with Dixon, Guy, and Geathers out there....what else can we ask for...we are 3-3. Hughes had pressures...no sacks...I agree...we need more there. It will come with a healthier unit. :coltslogo: :coltslogo: :coltslogo:

Even with that healthy unit we are terrible against the run. We need an asnwer in the middle at NT fast. Im just happy we squeezed out a victory to stay in the playoff hunt.

we still arent good against the run, one game with a few people missing doesnt discount the fact. We played well this game but overall still stink against the run #fact

I agree.....especially the JAX-esque delayed.....draw 'stuff.' I was glad the Browns went to the pass.....still like the W.....:)

Even with that healthy unit we are terrible against the run. We need an asnwer in the middle at NT fast. Im just happy we squeezed out a victory to stay in the playoff hunt.

This team has no business being talked about as a playoff contender this year. If u honestly believe we have that shot, you are being a homer and ignoring the real fact that we are a bad team playing a last place schedule who happens to be at 3-3 with no road wins. If the team wins 7 games this year I will be shocked and we overachieved by 2 wins IMO. I would guess by next year we are competitive and more consistent but realistically coming into a good team by the 3rd year of Lucks's career. Too muc patchwork being done this hear and then we are going to have a lot of replacements to gel with next season. And let's not dismiss the fact that Luck has some real work to get better and compete at the highest levels in the NFL.

This team has no business being talked about as a playoff contender this year. If u honestly believe we have that shot, you are being a homer and ignoring the real fact that we are a bad team playing a last place schedule who happens to be at 3-3 with no road wins. If the team wins 7 games this year I will be shocked and we overachieved by 2 wins IMO. I would guess by next year we are competitive and more consistent but realistically coming into a good team by the 3rd year of Lucks's career. Too muc patchwork being done this hear and then we are going to have a lot of replacements to gel with next season. And let's not dismiss the fact that Luck has some real work to get better and compete at the highest levels in the NFL.

dude im just being a fan nothing wrong with hoping, but realistically I know the odds

Guess not.

I liked how the run D played. They stayed disciplined and played the gaps well.

Pass D was not good. No pressure for the most part except for a few pressures by Angerer and Hughes.

I think the Browns did a fantastic job of neutralizing the pressure, both by moving Weeden around and getting the ball out quick. They also kept extra blockers in practically every time we sent a heavy blitz. Really good blocking, really good play calling, and good decision making by Weeden.

Same thing in the secondary. Aside from a couple plays early, and then the Gordon drop, our coverage was right there. Both touchdown passes were covered, and either Weeden threw the receiver open or the receiver made a great play, or both. I think their passing game was good, more than our coverage was poor.

Like I said HEALTHY. Why do you think he was taken out of the game? It surely wasn't because he didn't feel like playing.

Go watch his game from Bama when he wasn't injured. I'm sure your tune would change.

Because he was completely ineffective.....averaging 1.0 yards per carry.

He played in the game, so that means he was healthy.

Because he was completely ineffective.....averaging 1.0 yards per carry.

He played in the game, so that means he was healthy.

Come on you have been around long enough to know that just because player plays doesn't mean he's 100% healthy and it's clear he was not. He was hurt he tried to give it a go it didn't work so they had to sit him down. There is already talk of him missing this week's game with the same injury. That's not someone who is healthy that is someone who tried to play threw an injury to help his team.

Give the Colts credit healthy or not they still stopped him but I think it's also safe to say Richardson was not close to 100% and that impacted his performance as well.