Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 Draft: 2 scenarios

Scenario 1: We end up with the 6th pick and get a 4th round compensentory pick from Garcon

1st: We select NT Jonathan Hankins

3rd: We select S Shawn Williams

4th: We select OG Travis Frederick

4th: We select CB Lamarcus Joyner

Scenario 2: We end up with the 6th pick and we trade down to 20, picking up a 2nd and 3rd

1st: We select OG Chance Warmack

2nd: We select DE Dion Jordan

3rd: We select S Shawn Williams

3rd: We select NT/DE Jesse Williams

4th: We select DE Margus Hunt

4th: We select WR Marcus Davis

Love the way you're thinking ahead.....

Here are the speed bumps....

In scenario #2 I'm confident we won't get a 2 and a 3 for trading down 14 spots...

In essence, you're trading a 1 for a 1/2/3, and I think we'd have to start higher and trade down further to get that.

2nd, Margus Hunt has been mentioned as a near 1st round draft pick. He's not going to be there in the 4th round unless he gets hurt. We'd have to hope for him in the 2nd round.

I'm also not sure either Jordan and Hunt are 3-4 DE's... I think they may be 4-3 DE's.... I could be wrong here, but that's my initial reaction...

When we get half way through the season I'll toss out a few more ideas and see if you like.... hope so... :thmup:

p.s. -- you're way ahead of me.... you have names up and down the rounds.... at this point of the game, my main concern is acquiring picks.... who we take I won't begin to focus on until after the combine.... THEN, it's gets interesting.... really, really interesting...

Love the way you're thinking ahead.....

Here are the speed bumps....

In scenario #2 I'm confident we won't get a 2 and a 3 for trading down 14 spots...

In essence, you're trading a 1 for a 1/2/3, and I think we'd have to start higher and trade down further to get that.

2nd, Margus Hunt has been mentioned as a near 1st round draft pick. He's not going to be there in the 4th round unless he gets hurt. We'd have to hope for him in the 2nd round.

I'm also not sure either Jordan and Hunt are 3-4 DE's... I think they may be 4-3 DE's.... I could be wrong here, but that's my initial reaction...

When we get half way through the season I'll toss out a few more ideas and see if you like.... hope so... :thmup:

p.s. -- you're way ahead of me.... you have names up and down the rounds.... at this point of the game, my main concern is acquiring picks.... who we take I won't begin to focus on until after the combine.... THEN, it's gets interesting.... really, really interesting...

Oops, I meant DE/OLB for Jordan. Hunt is a 3-4 DE. Hunt is an athletic freak, but is already 24 and hasn't had very good production. He is looking like a 3-4 rounder right now. We may not got a first, second and third, but maybe we can swing a first, second, and a fourth. I may have to edit it.

I've been thinking as of right now, (I know its way to early and anything can happen) we get a top 10 pick lets say pick 6th we trade down to pick 20 and pick up a 2nd and a 4th

1.Barrett Jones, Bama runs a Power scheme just like the Colts do and WalterFootball has him going in the top 25 plus he can play anywhere on the O Line

2.Alex Okafor

3.Andrew Jackson

4.Margus Hunt if not Hunt then Kwame Geathers

Not sure what Comp picks we will get if any but we still will need a RT and if Britton is available then I would look at him or William Beatty and S Kenny Phillips

I've been thinking as of right now, (I know its way to early and anything can happen) we get a top 10 pick lets say pick 6th we trade down to pick 20 and pick up a 2nd and a 4th

1.Barrett Jones, Bama runs a Power scheme just like the Colts do and WalterFootball has him going in the top 25 plus he can play anywhere on the O Line

2.Alex Okafor

3.Andrew Jackson

4.Margus Hunt if not Hunt then Kwame Geathers

Not sure what Comp picks we will get if any but we still will need a RT and if Britton is available then I would look at him or William Beatty and S Kenny Phillips

Warmack is better than Jones man. I would rather have a freakin mauler who can strike fear into opposing defenses than Jones.

Warmack is better than Jones man. I would rather have a freakin mauler who can strike fear into opposing defenses than Jones.

I like them both and would love either name called but I give the edge to Jones because he can play multiple positions, every position

I definitely like Scenario 1, and I would like scenario 2 if we were a playoff caliber team who can afford to be pick and choosy, but instead I'd rather just take advantage of that rare opportunity to have a top 10 pick and get a top 10 talent. A franchise NT sounds just about right.

I definitely like Scenario 1, and I would like scenario 2 if we were a playoff caliber team who can afford to be pick and choosy, but instead I'd rather just take advantage of that rare opportunity to have a top 10 pick and get a top 10 talent. A franchise NT sounds just about right.

I actually preferred scenario 2. We get a ton of talent and Warmack is a top ten talent, but because of his position he will be picked later.

Warmack is great but as Ive already said Jones is better overall and all around than Warmack. He may not be as strong but he still dominates up front and does it at every positon he plays. Jones opens big holes all the time. Ive read and heard how they talk about Alamaba liking to run behind Jones because hes opening up nice holes. He hits all his blocks. Warmack is great too but Jones does so many things so well. Not only does Jones have the physical and blocking part down well but mentally he is at the top of the game.

i like the 1st scenario because d-line is a bigger concern then o-line. were not talented enough to trade back we need to draft the best defensive player available. i would rather us draft justin hunter or keenan allen before we draft o-line. wayne is great but the other wr's are too inconsistent and aren't good in press coverage. if for some reason both lotulelei and hankins are gone, then i think grigson will go after olb montgomery, wr allen, or mlb teo.

i think you are very mistaken...well, it will be front seven anyway.

Probably am, But I just see protecting Luck as a higher priority and that we can address the D Line in the mid rounds, all a matter of preference I suppose, some want Star or Hankins, I want Barrett Jones or Warmack, I wouldn't start cussin if we drafted Star or Hankins over them though cause I have my eyes on Alvin Bailey from Arkansas and Hurt from LSU as well but Barrett Jones and Warmack fit our blocking Man/Power scheme better although I would rather see our offensive line go back to a Zone scheme because its more confusing and better for Brown in my opinion

Probably am, But I just see protecting Luck as a higher priority and that we can address the D Line in the mid rounds, all a matter of preference I suppose, some want Star or Hankins, I want Barrett Jones or Warmack, I wouldn't start cussin if we drafted Star or Hankins over them though cause I have my eyes on Alvin Bailey from Arkansas and Hurt from LSU as well but Barrett Jones and Warmack fit our blocking Man/Power scheme better

i could be wrong but i see the colts adding oline help in free agency. they could help the front seven in free agency but i don't see much available.

i could be wrong but i see the colts adding oline help in free agency. they could help the front seven in free agency but i don't see much available.

Me either but same can be said for O Line if Britton is resigned by Jags, Although I think taking a look at William Beatty who blocked for Brown in college and also is in a Man/Power blocking scheme with the Giants would be worth a look as well as Leonard Davis but those are the only two I can see coming Free, Davis because of age and Beatty because maybe the Giants will want to upgrade

Me either but same can be said for O Line if Britton is resigned by Jags, Although I think taking a look at William Beatty who blocked for Brown in college and also is in a Man/Power blocking scheme with the Giants would be worth a look as well as Leonard Davis but those are the only two I can see coming Free, Davis because of age and Beatty because maybe the Giants will want to upgrade

i really like louis vasquez from the chargers. other options are matt slauson and brandon moore from the jets, chad rinehart and kevin urbik fo the bills.

If Kiper/McShaw are now calling Jones a likely 3rd/4th rounder, then I doubt he grades out as a 1st rounder.

Anyone can be wrong. Anyone can be off. You might miss on a guy by a round. But it's rare that you miss on someone by two rounds or more.

And since both Kiper and McShay have Warmack in their top-10, and neither has Jones in their entire 1st round, then I'd guess Jones is more likely a 2nd to 3rd round talent. Nothing embarrassing about that, especially since the interior line is so devalued these days.

Either way..... it's still way too early.... there's nearly a half-season of college football's regular season still to play.... and then it's time for Bowl Games....

Then, it's the all-star games, the Combine, the pro-day workouts and individual workouts....

In other words, we're debating players when there is still more information to gather than we currently have right now.

It's a long race guys..... and it's not even half-way over..... pace yourselves! :thmup: