Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver just saw what we saw for 12 years

oldunclemark

Isnt that like sayig NE lost those keys game to the Colts where they had big leads in Indy in 2006 and 2009?

very true......but you've got to give a more-than-2-TD comeback its due////

Peyton gets plenty of credit from me for that game. He played a marvelous game outside the pick 6.

But the Chargers possessions in the 2nd half went...Fumble,Punt,Int,Int,Int,Fumble....that had absolutely zero to do with Peyton Manning. And even though the Broncos won, 2 TDs were defensive, as well as Manning giving up a TD.

And in 06 Peyton took that game. This game he did not. In 06 the possessions went Punt,TD,Punt,FG,FG,Punt, INT..for NE. 1 TO 3Punts, 13 pts.... Compared to 5Turnovers, 2 for TDs, 1 punt. 0pts from SD....

Peyton gets plenty of credit from me for that game. He played a marvelous game outside the pick 6.

But the Chargers possessions in the 2nd half went...Fumble,Punt,Int,Int,Int,Fumble....that had absolutely zero to do with Peyton Manning. And even though the Broncos won, 2 TDs were defensive, as well as Manning giving up a TD.

And in 06 Peyton took that game. This game he did not. In 06 the possessions went Punt,TD,Punt,FG,FG,Punt, INT..for NE. 1 TO 3Punts, 13 pts.... Compared to 5Turnovers, 2 for TDs, 1 punt. 0pts from SD....

do you have to turn the ball over to give the game away..just asking?

It should be noted that this is likely due not to injury/damage, but rather taking a year off and not being able to strength train for so long in order to allow healing. There are questions of nerve regeneration, but that seems to all be inconsequential. I believe his arm will strengthen as the season rolls on (I think we've seen this progress already).

you have hit upon the best point here.

the arguement/analysis about his arm strength is valid...and proper..

until you then factor in the relevancy of his arm strentgh retruning to peak levels

..which negates the outcome of the orginial arguement/analysis no matter how valid and proper it may have been.

I love lawyer talk. :blah:

Even with Peyton I'm not sure Denver has the defense to win a championship. You can't count on like 5 turnovers in the second half to win games. With Peyton you will always have a chance but they are built like the old 2009 Colts. Get a lead and turn the dogs loose. They have a terrible run defense. Also, Peyton isn't 100% on the same page with this team...I know he is always audibling and gesturing but he is like a field general putting people where they are suppose to be. They are really young on offense and very weak against the run. I just can't see this team holding it together to win it all. Win their division yes...win it all...nope. I always have thought baring injury and something crazy next year would be a year when Denver would be a SB threat.

Even with Peyton I'm not sure Denver has the defense to win a championship. You can't count on like 5 turnovers in the second half to win games. With Peyton you will always have a chance but they are built like the old 2009 Colts. Get a lead and turn the dogs loose. They have a terrible run defense. Also, Peyton isn't 100% on the same page with this team...I know he is always audibling and gesturing but he is like a field general putting people where they are suppose to be. They are really young on offense and very weak against the run. I just can't see this team holding it together to win it all. Win their division yes...win it all...nope. I always have thought baring injury and something crazy next year would be a year when Denver would be a SB threat.

The 2 teams in the Super Bowl both have holes......every year.

Is there a flawless team in the AFC?

See what you think after the Bronocs get 2 weeks off to work on their problems

The 2 teams in the Super Bowl both have holes......every year.

Is there a flawless team in the AFC?

See what you think after the Bronocs get 2 weeks off to work on their problems

Oh I think they are a playoff team for sure...and with Baltimore physically falling apart I know every team has holes but Houston seems to be more well rounded despite their loss and I believe both New England and Baltimore have more complete teams even with their holes. Some teams just match up well against each other and I think while Denver matches up well against some teams their defense can't stop NE. Basically the past 11 quarters they haven't stopped them a single time it seems. Teams that can run the ball and have accurate passing games will continue to hurt that defense. They are just too weak in the front 7. Offensively they just make too many mistakes. Perhaps they will gel by the playoffs but I find it difficult to see them winning it all.