Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Cheered Me Up...Hope It Does The Same For You...

gbrads_rants

I get you. I'm sorry if I came off a little harsh earlier. I just thought the trash talking was funny.

You guys know this from having Manning and from the Colts being a top-tier team for so long... everyone wants a piece of you. Some up-and-coming team thinks they're playing the Super Bowl in October because the Pats/Colts and Brady/Manning are coming to town. Ultimately it's a sign of respect, but sometimes it gets a little out of hand. Even Josh McDaniels, when he was the Broncos coach, ridiculously over-celebrated a regular season win when the Pats went into Denver in 2009 and dropped one. Beating Brady and the Patriots is like the Super Bowl for a lot of teams and a lot of players. But ultimately, it's just one game...

Absolutely. That win was huge for that team. Much bigger for them that it would have been for the Pats. It's just something about the way the Pats comport themselves. It invites all comers because they are so good that they know, not merely think, they know they can win against anyone, anytime; and they never make any attempt to hide it.

I have this friend who is the most arrogant and narcissistic person I have ever met. He is one of those people who is good at everything and never misses an opportunity to say it or show it. Well, a bunch of us were at a family fun center (place with mini-golf, arcade, go-carts) and several of us decided to get in line for laser tag. My friend turned it into a race to get to the line first. Along the way he tripped, slid and took out about half of the rope stands that told people where to form the line. I laughed really hard when this happened. You see, the guy who fell, that doesn't happen very often, so you have to laugh at him when it does. I think it is the same situation with the Pats.

I don't hate them. Quite the opposite. I have a great deal of respect for them at every level. What they do year in year out is nothing short of astounding (although it can be somewhat infuriating if they are your team's greatest rival). But when they fall I have to laugh.

Congrats to the Seahawks its to bad they will eventually implode. unfortunately it starts next week in San Fran

If the 49ers hadn't just had their * handed to them by the Gints I'd disagree. Even still, it will be close.

This goes out to all the Seattle haters out there...you're wrong...dead wrong. Don't sleep on the Seahawks, they are the real deal.

I get you. I'm sorry if I came off a little harsh earlier. I just thought the trash talking was funny.

Absolutely. That win was huge for that team. Much bigger for them that it would have been for the Pats. It's just something about the way the Pats comport themselves. It invites all comers because they are so good that they know, not merely think, they know they can win against anyone, anytime; and they never make any attempt to hide it.

I have this friend who is the most arrogant and narcissistic person I have ever met. He is one of those people who is good at everything and never misses an opportunity to say it or show it. Well, a bunch of us were at a family fun center (place with mini-golf, arcade, go-carts) and several of us decided to get in line for laser tag. My friend turned it into a race to get to the line first. Along the way he tripped, slid and took out about half of the rope stands that told people where to form the line. I laughed really hard when this happened. You see, the guy who fell, that doesn't happen very often, so you have to laugh at him when it does. I think it is the same situation with the Pats.

I don't hate them. Quite the opposite. I have a great deal of respect for them at every level. What they do year in year out is nothing short of astounding (although it can be somewhat infuriating if they are your team's greatest rival). But when they fall I have to laugh.

That's hysterical... I hope someone got some pictures! haha...

No worries AT ALL, by the way, I don't take anything too seriously. Especially myself!

Cheers...

:thmup:

Saying "see me after the game" was Brady's RESPONSE to Sherman and Earl Thomas. And that was ACCORDING to Sherman.

“I kept saying I’m going to get that next time," Sherman recalled to Ryan Divish of the Tacoma News Tribune. "Every TV timeout, I went up and said it right to (Brady): ‘Please keep trying me. I’m going to take it from you.’ That was when they were winning. He just gave me that look and said, ‘Oh, I’ll see you after game.’ Well, I made sure I saw him after the game.”

If you respond to someone who initiates the trash talk, what are you supposed to say? I think "see me after the game" is actually a pretty classy high-road type of way to do it.

Do you have even a single shred of evidence to this completely speculative comment? I've heard both Brady and Belichick RESPOND (there's that word again) to punks talking trash on the field and/or in the media, but they have never started it. They don't have to. Everyone wants a piece of them and they generally get every team's best effort.

After the intertwined fates of our teams (Pats/Colts) and our QB and former QB (Brady/Manning) I'm kind of surprised to see the hate lingering on. We all know that, as players and competitors, Brady and Manning are tight and have an enormous amount of respect for one another.

Richard Sherman played a great game, and probably the biggest game of his life. Let him have his moment, even if he wants to handle it like a punk. Brady's had countless bigger moments, and no Super Bowl is ever played in October.

Maybe Brady will invite Sherman to his Hall of Fame induction someday. But probably not. Sherman will have to buy a ticket like everyone else. :thmup:

Wow! I will have to let Dan Patrick know that he shouldn't take things out of context. When I was taking my kids to school DP said that Sherman had tweeted that pick and said that Brady was talking smack about come see me after the game while they were winning. Didn't know Sherman was being a punk throughout the game. LOL either way its still funny. Respect to Brady for not taking his helmet and smacking it upside dudes head. I woulda said something to him chirping at me like that lol.