Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Cheered Me Up...Hope It Does The Same For You...

gbrads_rants

Brady being verbally abused by Richard Sherman after the Seahawks Victory yesterday....

"Me and (safety Earl Thomas) walked up to him and said, 'We're greater than you. We're better than you. You're just a man -- we're a team,'" Sherman told the News Tribune. "That's the Brady Bunch; this is a defense. We've got 11 players out there to play great ball, and we're never going to let one man beat us. It's not just about one man..."

~Richard Sherman

That is the scariest secondary in the NFL, no question. Apart from the fact that they're all really very talented individually, they're also outlandishly huge compared to the rest of the league...

6'3", 195

6'4", 221

5'10", 202

6'3", 232

That is the scariest secondary in the NFL, no question. Apart from the fact that they're all really very talented individually, they're also outlandishly huge compared to the rest of the league...

6'3", 195

6'4", 221

5'10", 202

6'3", 232

Its funny How critics looked at Carroll funny when he put together his personnel, like how he drafted Irvin in the first round this year...he knows what he wants...big fast freaks of nature...

Well, I am guilty of feeling some relief with seeing the Pats struggle with the end of an era, much like we are experiencing (we're just much farther along in the process), but Richard Sherman is playing in a league that has been bettered by the existence of Tom Brady. He should be thanking him, not dissing him.

I would call him a punk.

Well, I am guilty of feeling some relief with seeing the Pats struggle with the end of an era, much like we are experiencing (we're just much farther along in the process), but Richard Sherman is playing in a league that has been bettered by the existence of Tom Brady. He should be thanking him, not dissing him.

I would call him a punk.

Exactly. I bet Brady is in the postseason again while Sherman and his "great ball" playing defense is not.

That was a professional way of carrying himself. 008lka-18674484.gif

At first I thought maybe it just looked like he was being a tool, and was really just taking the opportunity to meet an NFL great. Some of these new-gen players are really taking things in the wrong direction.

The Seahawks are not a very good team. This * is why I'm glad I'm a Colt. Every dog has it's day.

A great defense, no doubt. But people seem to be glossing right over the fact that NE traveled across the entirety of our nation to play in the loudest, craziest stadium in the league, in the pouring rain no less. It's just one game.

Sad Tom Brady is one of the greatest things in the world.

And to those defending Brady. Are you serious!?

He and his socialy inept coach are some of the most notorious smack talkers ever. They got whiped. That's the name of the game. Winners talk, losers walk. This isn't about what happens in the playoffs, nor is it about what has happened in previous years. Who won that game?

Brady lost and now he is home, at his mansion, crying into his piles of money while being cradled by his supermodel wife. Life is just tough sometimes...

A great defense, no doubt. But people seem to be glossing right over the fact that NE traveled across the entirety of our nation to play in the loudest, craziest stadium in the league, in the pouring rain no less. It's just one game.

Well it's not like they fly coach...

I agree with ruk....this kid acts like a punk....

Did Seatle clinch a playoff berth last week

..arent they in last place?

When you win, be humble.....Even a NE Patriot deserves better than this..

Brady's response was all class. He said he respects the Seattle D (he did not mention Sherman's name however, and I don't blame him).

Sherman was interviewed by NFLN this morning and was back-peddling, has taken down his childish "U MAD BRO" tweet. Sherman tried to explain that "things happen on the field...emotions" etc....which is curious because he didn't tweet his high school-esque post during the game.

Simply put....grow up Sherman.

The Seahawks played in that loudest stadium in the pouring rain (no less) ... too ... And what day did NE arrive in Seattle?

Any given Sunday - really no need for excuses.

As far as the photo / tweet etc - none of us were there we have no idea what was said between Brady and Sherman.

The Seahawks played in that loudest stadium in the pouring rain (no less) ... too ... And what day did NE arrive in Seattle?

inconsequential.

Road games are tough. An East coast team traveling to the far corner of the Nation, playing in the loudest stadium in the league in the driving rain.....these are all factors and if you discount them you show your bias like a badge of ignorance.

As far as the photo / tweet etc - none of us were there we have no idea what was said between Brady and Sherman.

All I need is this high-school boy antic~medium.jpg

Go ahead, defend that. I dare you.

playing in the loudest stadium in the league in the driving rain.....these are all factors and if you discount them you show your bias like a badge of ignorance.

All I need is this high-school boy antic~medium.jpg

Go ahead, defend that. I dare you.

Ahhh restate your previous comments and close with an attack - nicely done - right? Fact is your factors albeit factors are none the less excuses!

Re image - What was said during the game? Is it true that Brady was trash talking during the game? What had he been saying to the Seattle Defense? Did he say anything to them that would indicate he was uspet or mad? Was he acting like a spoiled brat?

An image is worth more than a thousand words and we can all interpret them as we choose, but unless we know all the facts, our individual interpretations are personal opinion!

Shermans tweet was harmless - he should have left it up!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/15/richard-sherman-tom-brady-twitter-seahawks_n_1965834.html

Sherman: "He told me and earl to see him after the game when they win..... I found him after.."

Ahhh restate your previous comments and close with an attack - nicely done - right? Fact is your factors albeit factors are none the less excuses!

No attack. I said that anyone discounting such factors is displaying ignorance. Not stupidity, those are two different terms.

What was said during the game? Is it true that Brady was trash talking during the game? What had he been saying to the Seattle Defense? Did he say anything to them that would indicate he was uspet or mad? Was he acting like a spoiled brat?

From Sherman's own words; He apparently was jawing on Brady and Brady looked at the scoreboard and told him to see him after the game. Well, Sherman did, and he acted like a brat about it and further made himself look bad by tweeiting that pic and going on a rant in the locker room. Brady made a comment while being jawed on during a game, in the heat of battle. That's a big difference from all of Sherman's activities.

To back up my statements; From your own link;

"Of course, Sherman told reporters after the game that he was doing plenty of chirping before the win was assured."

I heard that brady was talking trash to the secondary. Saying "see me after the game." To me it just looks like the seattle defenders were just honoring his request:-)

Saying "see me after the game" was Brady's RESPONSE to Sherman and Earl Thomas. And that was ACCORDING to Sherman.

“I kept saying I’m going to get that next time," Sherman recalled to Ryan Divish of the Tacoma News Tribune. "Every TV timeout, I went up and said it right to (Brady): ‘Please keep trying me. I’m going to take it from you.’ That was when they were winning. He just gave me that look and said, ‘Oh, I’ll see you after game.’ Well, I made sure I saw him after the game.”

If you respond to someone who initiates the trash talk, what are you supposed to say? I think "see me after the game" is actually a pretty classy high-road type of way to do it.

He and his socialy inept coach are some of the most notorious smack talkers ever. They got whiped. That's the name of the game. Winners talk, losers walk. This isn't about what happens in the playoffs, nor is it about what has happened in previous years. Who won that game?

Do you have even a single shred of evidence to this completely speculative comment? I've heard both Brady and Belichick RESPOND (there's that word again) to punks talking trash on the field and/or in the media, but they have never started it. They don't have to. Everyone wants a piece of them and they generally get every team's best effort.

After the intertwined fates of our teams (Pats/Colts) and our QB and former QB (Brady/Manning) I'm kind of surprised to see the hate lingering on. We all know that, as players and competitors, Brady and Manning are tight and have an enormous amount of respect for one another.

Richard Sherman played a great game, and probably the biggest game of his life. Let him have his moment, even if he wants to handle it like a punk. Brady's had countless bigger moments, and no Super Bowl is ever played in October.

Maybe Brady will invite Sherman to his Hall of Fame induction someday. But probably not. Sherman will have to buy a ticket like everyone else. :thmup:

Saying "see me after the game" was Brady's RESPONSE to Sherman and Earl Thomas. And that was ACCORDING to Sherman.

“I kept saying I’m going to get that next time," Sherman recalled to Ryan Divish of the Tacoma News Tribune. "Every TV timeout, I went up and said it right to (Brady): ‘Please keep trying me. I’m going to take it from you.’ That was when they were winning. He just gave me that look and said, ‘Oh, I’ll see you after game.’ Well, I made sure I saw him after the game.”

If you respond to someone who initiates the trash talk, what are you supposed to say? I think "see me after the game" is actually a pretty classy high-road type of way to do it.

Do you have even a single shred of evidence to this completely speculative comment? I've heard both Brady and Belichick RESPOND (there's that word again) to punks talking trash on the field and/or in the media, but they have never started it. They don't have to. Everyone wants a piece of them and they generally get every team's best effort.

After the intertwined fates of our teams (Pats/Colts) and our QB and former QB (Brady/Manning) I'm kind of surprised to see the hate lingering on. We all know that, as players and competitors, Brady and Manning are tight and have an enormous amount of respect for one another.

Richard Sherman played a great game, and probably the biggest game of his life. Let him have his moment, even if he wants to handle it like a punk. Brady's had countless bigger moments, and no Super Bowl is ever played in October.

Maybe Brady will invite Sherman to his Hall of Fame induction someday. But probably not. Sherman will have to buy a ticket like everyone else. :thmup:

Brady should tell Sherman to see him after the season, let's see how far Seattle gets when they have to hit the road, if they even make it. I don't need to wonder if Brady will be in the dance.

No disagreement from me on that. It's arrogant, but Brady's stature and record buy him much more arrogance than this comment belies. All in all totally justified and well within the bounds of good taste. Unusual for him.

Do you have even a single shred of evidence to this completely speculative comment? I've heard both Brady and Belichick RESPOND (there's that word again) to punks talking trash on the field and/or in the media, but they have never started it.

That is true. Every time I have seen them spout off it is always in response to something someone else says. Point taken. However even you must admit that when they do open their mouths it is always an

immediate escalation to uncreative profanity riddled insults. It's more reminiscent of an angry adolesent than an adult with full faculties of speech. The opposite of class. You would think that with all they have accomplished that Brady and Belichick wouldn't be bothered by a little playfield ribbing. Sadly such is not the case. Which makes it even funnier when someone jabs one in on them.

This is one reason why I like the Patriots and the way they handle things . . . for me, like Vegas, what happens and is said on the field stays on the field, . . . the Pats never came out in public and talked about what the other team said after the game . . . they might talk about something arlready in the public, like pregame talk by the opponent . . . but never about what was said . . . maybe one or two generallizations like they were chirping midgame . . . but that is no relevation as it happens all the time . . . but no specific comments . . . .

I actually saw his post game interview and he seemed somewhat tongue and check, but still you really should not be saying that, especially with a guy like Brady . . . :brady: . . . maybe to a lesser QB it might be okay . . . j/k . . . seriously regardless of the individual leave the trash talking on the field . . .

Not that I agree with the smack talk, but Sherman is a beast Corner.....per PFF.

Sherman Backs Up Smack Talk

The war of words that Brady and Sherman engaged in in the lead up to the game, and even Sherman’s reaction postgame have made headlines. And Sherman (+3.6) is certainly going to take some flak for his comments, but after the performance he put on, he may have a claim as the best cornerback in football, with Darrelle Revis and Lardarius Webb both sidelined for the year. While he was rarely matched-up with go-to slot man Welker, Sherman’s left side of the field was off limits for Brady for much of the game. Brandon Lloyd managed to catch two out his four targets for 32 yards when facing off against him, and could have had more if he and Brady were on the same page, but after Sherman picked off a pass intended for Branch, he was rarely tested again.

He definitely held up his end of the bargain. For a second year 5th round draft pick, he is definitely exceeding expectations.

That is true. Every time I have seen them spout off it is always in response to something someone else says. Point taken. However even you must admit that when they do open their mouths it is always an immediate escalation to uncreative profanity riddled insults. It's more reminiscent of an angry adolesent than an adult with full faculties of speech. The opposite of class. You would think that with all they have accomplished that Brady and Belichick wouldn't be bothered by a little playfield ribbing. Sadly such is not the case. Which makes it even funnier when someone jabs one in on them.

I don't know if you saw the "A Football Life" thing on Belichick last year, but I immediately thought of that scene with Derek Mason when he was with the Ravens. He says something to Belichick in the middle of the game and Belichick just says, "Aww, (bleep) you Mason, just (bleep) you. Have you looked at the scoreboard?" LOL...

You guys know this from having Manning and from the Colts being a top-tier team for so long... everyone wants a piece of you. Some up-and-coming team thinks they're playing the Super Bowl in October because the Pats/Colts and Brady/Manning are coming to town. Ultimately it's a sign of respect, but sometimes it gets a little out of hand. Even Josh McDaniels, when he was the Broncos coach, ridiculously over-celebrated a regular season win when the Pats went into Denver in 2009 and dropped one. Beating Brady and the Patriots is like the Super Bowl for a lot of teams and a lot of players. But ultimately, it's just one game...