Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sorry guys, my bad. Yesterday's Game.

SilentHill

As I was at the game yesterday. I came to realize that the loss to the jets was all my fault.

The exact opposite of what I thought of the Colts happened yesterday.

I think AV is washed up, getting paid too much, and is borderline bad, what did he do? He went 3/3 of FG's after shanking about 10 in practice before the game, who would have thought? Apparently he thought he needed more practice because he came out about 15 min before kickoff to take more practice shots, and literally kicked into the net on the sideline the entire game non-stop.

I thought this offense was good, probably a top 10 offense in the NFL, looking at all the numbers we've been putting up weekly on offense, but it was opposite day, so that had to mean we were a #22-#32 offense yesterday. Not much to say here, I don't know what it looked like on TV, but Avery sucked. I even yelled to him that he sucked from the sideline. He dropped almost everything thrown to him. Reggie Wayne, was blanketed for most of the day, I did see him give up on a catch-able ball in the 3rd quarter. I couldn't say much about Wayne, his mom was very nice. She was sitting with Reggie's brother about 10 feet away from me. Numerous times we motioned Wayne away from Cromartie and despite getting single coverage we neglected to throw to him. On the "pick 6's" that were called back. On the first one Luck threw it and it bounced off the receivers hands and into the CB's. Not really Luck's fault. The TD got called back on a Jets penalty, but the pick remained. The 2nd pick 6 that was called back entirely was a free shot Luck had because he knew he had a defensive penalty if he threw it there, again the ball bounced off the receiver and to the CB, but that was a smart good throw. Luck did overthrow multiple receivers at multiple times and did fumble, he did play bad, not as bad as everyone is making it seem, but bad for sure. The running game was what I expected, average, O-Line play was horrible, too much pressure was allowed on Luck.

I thought the defense was average prior to the game, so once again, opposite day, the defense became below average. The run stopping ability was no where to be seen, even after getting stomped over and over there was no attempt to remedy the situation. We got pressure on Sanchez maybe one or two times, he had all day to throw when he actually went to throw, I was really dissapointed in the defense.

The fans at Metlife stadium were a class act though, didn't get heckled at all for wearing Colts gear, even before the game. There were also a LOT of Colts fans there, way more than I expected.

So, in conclusion, it was my fault for not knowing yesterday was opposite day, my bad guys, my bad.

As I was at the game yesterday. I came to realize that the loss to the jets was all my fault.

The exact opposite of what I thought of the Colts happened yesterday.

I think AV is washed up, getting paid too much, and is borderline bad, what did he do? He went 3/3 of FG's after shanking about 10 in practice before the game, who would have thought? Apparently he thought he needed more practice because he came out about 15 min before kickoff to take more practice shots, and literally kicked into the net on the sideline the entire game non-stop.

I thought this offense was good, probably a top 10 offense in the NFL, looking at all the numbers we've been putting up weekly on offense, but it was opposite day, so that had to mean we were a #22-#32 offense yesterday. Not much to say here, I don't know what it looked like on TV, but Avery sucked. I even yelled to him that he sucked from the sideline. He dropped almost everything thrown to him. Reggie Wayne, was blanketed for most of the day, I did see him give up on a catch-able ball in the 3rd quarter. I couldn't say much about Wayne, his mom was very nice. She was sitting with Reggie's brother about 10 feet away from me. Numerous times we motioned Wayne away from Cromartie and despite getting single coverage we neglected to throw to him. On the "pick 6's" that were called back. On the first one Luck threw it and it bounced off the receivers hands and into the CB's. Not really Luck's fault. The TD got called back on a Jets penalty, but the pick remained. The 2nd pick 6 that was called back entirely was a free shot Luck had because he knew he had a defensive penalty if he threw it there, again the ball bounced off the receiver and to the CB, but that was a smart good throw. Luck did overthrow multiple receivers at multiple times and did fumble, he did play bad, not as bad as everyone is making it seem, but bad for sure. The running game was what I expected, average, O-Line play was horrible, too much pressure was allowed on Luck.

I thought the defense was average prior to the game, so once again, opposite day, the defense became below average. The run stopping ability was no where to be seen, even after getting stomped over and over there was no attempt to remedy the situation. We got pressure on Sanchez maybe one or two times, he had all day to throw when he actually went to throw, I was really dissapointed in the defense.

The fans at Metlife stadium were a class act though, didn't get heckled at all for wearing Colts gear, even before the game. There were also a LOT of Colts fans there, way more than I expected.

So, in conclusion, it was my fault for not knowing yesterday was opposite day, my bad guys, my bad.

you cant make every FG.....and the offense in the passing game is ranked 8th in avg passing yards a game. ranked 3rd in passing defense who would have thought??? lol

I was there too. (another one of those in Colts gear) I saw it pretty much the same way you did. What shocked me most was how badly we got sucked in on that fake punt. Almost everyone around me knew that was coming.

It was a sad, sad day to be a Colts fan leaving Metlife stadium yesterday. :(

Great point......I was screaming at the TV :tvhammer:....I did not see a 'perfect' jump pass (Tebow < Perfect :)) but I knew how close he was......it was coming. The bad thing is the Colts 'supposedly' prepared for that all week......

Silent Hill.....well written. Sorry your game there was opposite day....I for one am looking forward to AV winning with his kicks like last week.....and I was happy seeing him hitting 50 yarders in a side to side wind! And as the old Tom petty Song says...."I won't back down' and will root these young men on! :):coltslogo: :coltslogo: :coltslogo:

Luck looked like a rookie in this game. He over threw two wide open Touchdowns, and was just inaccurate much of the game. The 'should have been a simple TD to Fleener' in the first and Reggie beating Cromartie deep.

Those are plays that he has to make, and I'm sure he will with more experience. If he hits both guys, it's 20-28 when the Colts are driving late. (The drive where Luck threw a pick in the endzone)

you cant make every FG.....and the offense in the passing game is ranked 8th in avg passing yards a game. ranked 3rd in passing defense who would have thought??? lol

LoL we are third in Passing Defense because once teams see what they can do to us with the run game who needs to pass!